3d card not detected by freelancer

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• I read the thread about changing to 128 mb for older computers. So far I have tried reinstalling frelancer, the modmanager. crossfire1.9, Completly removing all programs and reinstalling with firewalls and other security systems turned off, turned off 3d sound, reducing detail settings. I dont understand why , after downloading patchrules and clicking multiplayer or singleplayer it says Fatal Error: freelancer dosent detect a 3D video card. I havent been on the game for about 6 months due to a fire. But I played many hundreds of hours as thelostone, Gasss, Redmoon and Bluemoon. Can someone help me figure this out. My system is a celeron (R) D CPU 3.20 GHz with 2GB and Maxtor H Drive. Pleazz Hallp me. :-) :cursing:

• Actually the specs on my secondary laptop is worse than that and i have no problems with playing CF on max graphics....

anyway try to remove the SWAT intro cos it is causing problems for some computers.... if you instaled normaly go to C: > Program Files > Microsoft Games > Freelancer > Data > Movies > and copy&paste the SWAT intro somewhere for safekeeping then delete it from the Movies folder and try to open the game.

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• Hello thelostone, welcome here. You can also try look here: Information: How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer

• I thank you , Ive been trying some of the suggestions there but to no avail---Yet. It seems that Freelancer dosent support my graphics driver and will attempt to insert my info into the flconfig location Thanks for helping See Ya :-)

• Ive been messing with this for 3 or 4 days now I ffollowed the instructions as closly as I was able with no result . I guess im getting to the point that its not gonna happen . My device ID is 8086-2772 and my product is INTEL (R) 82945 G Express Chip Set. I dont know what else to do ??

E-Mail is storman618@yahoo.com

• ID = 0x2772

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes , when I look at my graphic cards info in the decribed fields it reads exactly- Intel (R) 82945G Express Chipset Family and the other field on the screen shot reads Device ID-- 8086-2772. I tried to insert as the instructions said - 0x2772 = "(R)82945G" but to no avail. Can someone come into my computerthrough Crossloop or something similar to help. I also tried this on my laptop that runs win- XP and get the same message of -Freelancer does not recognise or detect a 3D video card :-)

• inserting the id should actually work

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I tried mypathtofreelancer\freelancer\exe. and find No Results so I opened freelancer and crossfire to the flconfigdatabase.txt file and inserted it in both places but it changes nothing. Im stumped and im down to about 3 hairs on my head. Im not going to give up though. Any suggestions ?( Thanxx Phillip

• actually all you need to do is to add this to the flconfigdatabase in the freelancer\exe folder
    was vanilla freelancer working before?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'v never played any games on this computer. My old computer was burned up and got this one just for Crossfire. In the past though I started with starlancer,then Freelancer, then Crossfire 1.82 and 1.9 when i had a fire. I got this new machine and just cant seem to figure out how to get Freelancer to recognise the graphics card . Either i am typing it in the file wrong or on the wrong line. I am able to play Freelancer without the mod activated but before it starts it warns that no 3d card is detected and then starts up.

• It's hard to help when you dont tell much.
    Ex.
    - which operating system do you use - Windows what
    - did you update the OS - windows update
    - which Antivirus are you using
    - which firewall are you using
    - have you had any disk errors
    - did you run a disk check
    - what size is your disk
    - any dxdiag problems (dxdiag is a program - please run it and upload result file)
    - when deactivating Crossfire - does your Freelancer work or same error

So you are not quite lost yet, i guess

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• there are issues with integrated graphics chips with a bunch of games. some make special patches for them or they don't support Intel graphics chips at all. do you have a dedicated graphics lying around somewhere that you can try?

before buying a new PC altogether, go to your local electronics Retail (Best Buy, Microcenter, Fry's Electronics) and find a card for your computer. make sure you know what slot is on your motherboard (PCI-E X16 is the most common these days) as well as having the other specs fulfilled (beyond minimum PSU wattage, enough room in your case, enough RAM etc...)

not sure how much gaming you'd do otherwise, but if your solely playing Crossfire more than anything, you're best bet for a cheapy yet powerhouse card is probably a 6xxx Series Radeon HD or 5xx Series Geforce (ATI and Nvidia respectively). i can't stress enough to make sure it's important you know what your computer is capable of handling. my Radeon HD 6670 is good because it doesn't require external power (6 or 8-pin Molex), runs a bunch of current games on max (BF3, Mass Effect 3, Need for Speed the Run...) and it cost me around $100.

so before replacing the entire thing, fill out Morten's list of questions, go through that list of troubleshooting on the Microsoft KBase, then PM me your Team Viewer ID and password. i will gladly look into it for you