The Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread!

There are 135 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• On the 8th of June 2012, the world will watch, as the strongest European nations battle out in the countries of Poland and Ukraine, as they look for continental triumph! Who's back do you have? Which country would take the cup? Guess, and discuss among each other as Football fans together!

Teams Qualified:

Group A

[table='Country,Games Played,Wins,Losses,Draws,Goal Difference,Total Points'][*] Czech Republic [*]3 [*]2 [*]1 [*]0 [*]-1 [*]6 [*] Greece [*]3 [*]1 [*]1 [*]1 [*]0 [*]4 [*] Russia [*]3 [*]1 [*]1 [*]1 [*]+2 [*]4 [*] Poland [*]3 [*]0 [*]1 [*]2 [*]0 [*]2 [/table]

Group B

[table='Country,Games Played,Wins,Losses,Draws,Goal Difference,Total Points'][*] Germany [*]3 [*]3 [*]0 [*]0 [*]+3 [*]9 [*] Portugal [*]3 [*]2[*]1 [*]0 [*]1 [*]6[*] Denmark [*]3 [*]1 [*]2 [*]0 [*]-1 [*]3 [*] Netherlands [*]3 [*]0 [*]3 [*]0 [*]-3 [*]0[/table]

Group C

[table='Country,Games Played,Wins,Losses,Draws,Goal Difference,Total Points'] [*] Spain [*]3 [*]2 [*]0 [*]1 [*]+5 [*]7 [*] Italy [*]3[*]1 [*]0 [*]2 [*]+2 [*]5 [*] Croatia [*]3 [*]1 [*]1 [*]1 [*]+1 [*]4 [*] Ireland [*]3 [*]0 [*]3 [*]0 [*]-8 [*]0[/table]

Group D

[table='Country,Games Played,Wins,Losses,Draws,Goal Difference,Total Points'] [*] England [*]3 [*]2 [*]0 [*]1 [*]+2 [*]7 [*] France [*]3 [*]1 [*]1 [*]1 [*]0 [*]4 [*] Ukraine [*]3 [*]1 [*]2 [*]0 [*]-2 [*]3 [*] Sweden [*]3 [*]1 [*]2 [*]0 [*]0 [*]3 [/table]

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

Edited 13 times, last by {LP}50Pack{X}: Edit: Constructing the post! ().

• Reserved for: Knock-out Stage

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

Edited once, last by {LP}50Pack{X}: . ().

• Reserved for: Final & Champions

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Well, the Europe's Cup was already won by Spain and more, by the fav team of a familiar. Both finalist teams were spanish anyway.

Good luck with UEFA at whoever needs it :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• @ Michael
    The Europa league don't forget is a minor competition in the great scheme of things. The teams that get into that competition in the first place are minor cup winners anf fourth placed league finishers, plus the losers from the Champions League group stages. Yes Atletico Madrid won it but it doesn't really say anything. The Champions League is where the money and prestige is, and not a Spanish club in sight this year. The final on Saturday will be an epic encounter methinks, fingers crossed my boys will win it (Chelsea).

Back to the Euros. While i think that Spain will do well as they are the current European and World champions, the loss of Puyol will be immense. Personally not sure they can keep the very high standard needed to win this time around, even though i do see them getting to the last four. I think Germany will be there again, as they have quality in their side, plus they are used to getting to finals. Italy will probably also be there but i don't think they have the stamina to win it either. Which leaves England of course. I'm optimistic as ever, but we are under new management, plus the team hasn't even been announced yet so no idea who is going or how they will play. I'd love it if we got to at least the semis but based on past form, that won't happen. I still hope they will though :P

• Spanish also won the (Global) Champions cup previously, now it was the European's cup's time.

Turn by turn ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I hope for Croatia to win but it'll be damn hard to even pass the group.

But I think Portugal will win it this year, believe it or not.

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• I personally am rooting Germany! Ozil is my favourite player overall, and Germany is a mix of young talent, and skills put together. It would also be awesome to see how Gotze will preform for Germany, and if Klose can be the all time top scorer in the history of Germany :).

Avian
    To be honest, Croatia has a legitimate chance of reaching the knock-out phase. The only team that has a near 100% chance of going up in that group is Spain. Italy has an old squad, and it would be hard for the oldies to carry the team. And Ireland is Ireland, nothing really that special, although they have Shay Given ^^. As for Portugal, they are with Germany and with Holland, two teams that are going to be hard to beat, but lets see how Ronaldo pulls his team through it :).

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Portugal winning? Ronaldo will be too busy whining after they get knocked out in the Group Stages

well German easily Top 3, let's see if they can finally win something -_-

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Last world cup winning was Beckenbauer's 1990 world cup, and the last Euro championship was 1996, so I hope that Germany can pick up the win

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• if i had to bet id do for germany this time...
    france has also some chances. they are doing well since they kicked their old -and *****- coach
    ive seen portugal playing and they may get far if they have some luck. the portugal vs netherlands match is the key for the future of both teams.
    italy can also do a good championship. they have changed their style and are playing good matches. not to mention their usual luck
    about spain... i dont think we will perform as well as in the previous champs... im not sure we can win italy, and we will have probably trouble to pass the group phase

but who cares, we are world champions at least two more years, so we rock :D

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• yeah I can see France going very far. Possibly even win the entire thing... who knows. They did beat us 2:1 after all a couple of months ago :p

tbh no idea how Italy is playing atm... I just hope for them that their diving skills are still top notch.

as for Germany we have some sick new talents on the team... Reus, Götze, Schürrle and if we play like we did against the Netherlands... that'd be awesome

where it will fail will be in the defense... fuckin Boateng

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• The England team was named yesterday, so i'll revise my optimistic enthusiasm and say that we'll be lucky to leave the group stages. Forgot to mention that Holland are looking good as well and could easily make the last four, so difficult to call this championship

+1

I just saw the roster. They can play it correctly, but based on Roy Hodgson, I doubt that. IMO they should play like this:

------------------------------------Joe Hart-------------------------------------------
    Glen Johnson ------- Joleon Lescott -------- John Terry -------- Ashley Cole
    Frank Lampard --------------- Steven Gerrard ------------------ James Milner
    Theo Walcott ------------------ Wayne Rooney ------------------ Ashley Young

Very similar to Germany's 4-3-3 formation

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Can't find too much to disagree with there, i'd use Oxlaide-Chamberlain instead of Lampard simply because he has pace. Not sure about Roy, i mean he did get the Swiss to 3rd in the world so clearly has some idea of what he's doing, and apart from his time with Pool, he's not done badly. Only time will tell.

• Ox instead of Lennon? Or Wright-Phillips?

Spiky- Germany can and should win it, imo. they're favourites, but Portugal can surprise, as we saw on the World Cup when they lost against Spain 1-0 on an offside goal, and they were better the whole game.

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• Can't find too much to disagree with there, i'd use Oxlaide-Chamberlain instead of Lampard simply because he has pace. Not sure about Roy, i mean he did get the Swiss to 3rd in the world so clearly has some idea of what he's doing, and apart from his time with Pool, he's not done badly. Only time will tell.

Yah Chamberlain is good.... I'd use him instead of Milner actually though.

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• What i like about the Ox is he's fearless, he really doesn't care who he's playing against. Saw a few games with him playing for the Gooners this season and he always had an impact, not to be underestimated. I honestly think the Germans will win it as well, but a lot has been said that since nobody expects England to win, they might actually do well. I'll be very curious how we play with the two friendlies coming up, what sort of shape we have on the field, see if Roy is brave enough to go 4-3-3 if needed. God help us if we stick to 4-4-2, it's so predictable, we'll just get slaughtered.

• Slightly off topic but congratulations to my team Chelsea last night for winning the European Cup. A better display of determination, defensive capabilities and luck you will not see anywhere else. It's what got us through the competition against much better sides. Feel a bit sorry for Bayern, they had their chances but didn't take them, even though they were the better footballing side on the night. We know how you feel by the way, been there ourselves. Better luck next time :P