I can't kill enemy ships!

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Hi guys,

I am absolutely new on the cross fire mp. I have noticed that even I pick the lowest difficulty of missions to play such as kill the pirate leader harassing the trade lanes. I notice that it takes forever to bring their shields down and if i stop shooting at them for 2 seconds then their shields go up right away. Please help. I gave up trying to kill the one pirate after 10 min. He just wouldn't die. No one would die. Am I doing something wrong?!

• Hi EagerBeaver!
    Low-level NPCs on light fighters are actually ones of the toughest in CF, only level-8 and higher guns are good against them... :(

However you have several ways out to choose or combine:

• getting a higher-class ship ($150.000 you have at the beginning should be enough to equip a Drake);
    • hunting only heavy-fighter NPCs (e.g. Liberty Rogues' Wolfhounds);
    • borrowing some credits to buy a decent ship with class-10 guns (every player on the server will be willing to help you with that);
    • getting the required money from selling some precious loot from particular wrecks (ask ppl in-game for coordinates);
    • buying a freighter and taking up trading/smuggling, instead of doing missions.

Follow the way which fits you better, or invent something else for yourself :) Good luck!

• Took the words right out my mouth mate, You can find myself under {LP}Knight{X} with many variations, or if im not on one of those i may be on [GR]Knightshade

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• Hello EagerBeaver,

welcome on CF. Cresthen above gave nice tips. I only want add that you for start you simply lacks combat abilities like aiming. CF NPCs reload and are much tougher as vanila to give fun for ppl liking challenge. I suggest search here a little and you will for sure find many threads with various hints. You can do here first step and in MP is key to success use comunication. Simply try ask ppl for help, advices. I suggest to you take advices only and try find your own way. Newbs often ask for moneys and equip, but this way they are losing alot fun ... and also they do not learn how things works.

Last thing: You can also have help on mission (another player in group). this is especially usable when you will start doing high level missions.

• if any further help ingame is requested feel free to pm one of the chars following below (signature)
    ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Nothing complicated really , just mount 2-3 guns for shields and the rest for hull damage. After that , when firing on the npc, try not to miss and the guns will do the rest. Yes , it takes time in the beginning , but you'll get used to it. If the energy is getting low pretty quick , you can mount 2 missiles and when you take down their shield , the missiles will do the heavy damage. They also destroy their nanobots and shield batteries even faster than the guns (for the lowest npc class , I am not really sure about the higher ones , cuz I don't usually fight against npcs).

As the others also said , try finding good weapons for all of that. In time , you'll get used to it , no worries.

• yea crysis, nice hint, but missiles against npc is a VERY difficult thing cause they evase them and launch cm's... so firing missiles from distance on npc is pretty useless.
    they are just useful in the direct dogfight, like pvp but then still a trained player does sometimes miss... so for the beginning i would suggest the shieldbreaker/hulldmg-combo ;)
    and the aim comes by practicing real quick... also it might be a good basic-training for pvp later...

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• As players told above, there are many options. Chose the one fitting you better :) Missiles, guns, ships, tactics... power generator, etc.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis