Update on Roleplay

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by {LP}50Pack{X}.

• So I have taken about a six month break from Crossfire, due to all the heat on the forums and hate in the game.
    When I left, the servers and forum were both in pretty bad shape, with accusations flying everywhere, and a distinct lack of roleplay in-game.
    I was wondering if it had all blown over and I should return to the game or is it still almost singleplayer?

No disrespect meant to OP or anything, it was just the player base at the time.
    Thanks

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• the players you mean were removed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes, an entire clan, and few more players.

You should try again. Now there is more RP than before, but it's still quite lacking, so you could help with that easely by starting RP cases, but no more flames, bounty abuses, other abuses, cheat rumors, etc etc.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Brilliant. Thank you very much.
    I will be rejoining the server soon, and I will try to bring as much roleplay as I can.

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• And if you see somebody else breaking a rule purposedly (not some suicide here or there, but something that damages another player) you should report it so GR and OP can handle it.
    If no one reports it takes a time until the problems arrive to the eyes of those who can punish.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• And if you see somebody else breaking a rule purposedly (not some suicide here or there, but something that damages another player) you should report it so GR and OP can handle it.
    If no one reports it takes a time until the problems arrive to the eyes of those who can punish.

i was reading a sticky from Abrasdevil about that very thing.

here's whats wrong with calling another player out publicly (for whatever reason)

- Ya look like a whiny this that and the other thing. if you dont like the way someone is "RPing" with you, then kindly say "hey man, i dont like the way your RPing with me. i'd appreciate it if you left me alone." should they continue, then say "well i can't do anything more" then go use the ticket system and report him or speak to a GR
    - it takes time away from more important things that admins have to do (like RL and work on CF2.0) seriously, whenever i see OP have to get involved with petty he-said she-said crap, i dont blame him for threatening the things he threatens (whatever that is). i'm sure some of ya'll feel the same way
    - speaking about it publicly, spreading rumors and misinformation does absolutely nothing. except start flame wars, grudges, Non-RP related KoS's and hurt feelings. if i were a new player and i saw someone say "That mofo is haxin because he jumps around, my missiles dont track so on and so forth" i definitely would say "to hell with this. they never argued this much on Discovery..." *note* i have no idea if they actually argue about petty crap on Discovery...so no hating *innocent grin*

elaborating on the last part (sorry i'm on my soap box...sleep deprivation tends to do that...again :|)

n stuff

And if you see somebody else breaking a rule purposedly (not some suicide here or there, but something that damages another player) you should report it so GR and OP can handle it.

And if you see somebody else breaking a rule purposedly (not some suicide here or there, but something that damages another player) you should report it so GR and OP can handle it.

• Sleep deprivation is not good, you should get sure you got the meaning of some text before replying when you are that tired.

here's whats wrong with calling another player out publicly (for whatever reason)

Quote from Michael

It already tells everywhere, other threads and even the rules themselves HOW you report.
    Publically is not allowed.

Public reports may be removed and/or ignored.

• you realize it's implied that i don't condone publicly calling out another player for a petty reason right? BECAUSE it's against the rules.

the bullet list which came after your first quote is everything wrong with publicly saying something...i figure some of ya'll are smart enough to figure out "well all these bullet points are excellent reasons why i shouldn't flame another player for what seems to be a useless reason to fight it"

and plus, not everyone reads the Terms and Conditions...

in fact that's the greatest lie of Human history: "I have read the Terms and Conditions"

• You don't have to read the terms and conditions to see this.

It's also in the CF rules list.

• Warning #Uno: Stop getting off topic please. This is about roleplay, NOT about publicly accusing people. We have a PM system, use it :).

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!