Black Prophecy: I'm going to check this out.

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• Black Prophecy (Game Trailer)
    - YouTube

Black Prophecy: Screenshots

I know we have discussed this a while back, but its time to revisit it. Has anyone had the chance to play this through?

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Ive played it quite a bit ,been awhile tho. there support is shit as i have found on many occasions ,cant even get my login sorted at mo ,last time they deleted my chars and said was cos of beta but id made them after beta finished ,they never read what you say just give u a fixed reply bunch of dicks .I would never pay em for anything !

Edited once, last by Wavey: edit ().

• Gunny's PC can handle it perfectly :D

hmm, a trailer that has actual in-game footage, now THAT's a real trailer ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• seems they had their server hacked and whovere did it got access to all ,so every1s password is changed/banned and u have to make a new 1 ,its a shame they didnt email about that :( my names Wavey if any1 plays it lol

• Ahhhh damn, sad to hear it has problems... Aside from me not having enough machine to run it sadly. :(:(:(

Seems I must languish for another year with my ancient PC or so until I get the funds to rebuild it with far more updated hardware. (and at the least upgrade to a multi-core processor to run the friggin game)

• I have been playing for awhile now. It has its pros and cons but mostly pros. Cost, there is none. You don't have spend any money unless you want some fancy extras fast, that you can get by just playing the game. Knowing the rules and how stuff works means no money spent. I haven't spent any. Lot of folks on it during the night hours in the US and across the Pacific. EU server has big crowd on it.

Yep, they got hacked and have been trying to recover. Part of the recover was everyone's password was reset. No big, but it did take about three days after the reset to get everyone back up, due to heavy server use with everyone trying to reset. Patience was all that it took. Main forums are still being worked on and as of last evening they will be back up soon. Other issues also close to completion and patches and updates will soon start again. Dev group is underwater ATM but are very hopeful their financial situation is close to resolution and once that is taken care of they will get back to working on some of the issues with the game. It is having some buggy issues but not all the time. Laggy once in awhile but doesn't last too long. Graphics are great.

The biggest issue is that there are a couple plays who have no life and have spent money to buy crafting blueprints to max mod out their ships so that in one case the player shows as a lvl 14 but the ship is closer to a lvl 25 with the special mods. He also has an alt that shows a lvl 24 but it is closer to a lvl 40 ship for the same reason. the problem is that they then go to open areas and jump anyone they know that they can take. There is PvP and PvE. Not hard to figure out who is PvP and who isn't. These two will just keep hammering folks (they figure out the respawn spot and wait). This way they earn big XP points for PvP kills. I had the opportunity to chat with one of their group and found out that both of these players are just as hated by them as anyone else. There was a new player from the Far East, not sure just where but she kicked one of them in head to head combat so many times that the cry-baby went complaining to the support group. He got told to deal, he should have expected someone to take him on at his own game. :D

Anyone can mod their ship by "salvaging" dropped items from NPC's or other players ships. There are two main "clans", the Genide and the TYI. There are sub clans inside both. The Tyi are mostly younger players and act like it sometimes. that is where the two I was referring to are. The Genide are older and more mature group but in the last couple of days we have had some new players join and they are younger folks but level headed.

Anyway, my take on the game. I like it. I have to keep in mind the difference in controls/commands btwn CF and BP but still manage to have fun. The rest you will have to see for yourself.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by Gearhead10: Added details. ().

• Last time i play everything was out of control, i see now it's better then it was.I am happy to hear this, but i think there is something that cannot be changed.The way you control ur ship is funny and unrealistic when u compare with FL for example, but ok every game has its funs.

8).