Complaint. Chat.

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Abrasdevil.

• Hello.

I've been asking questions in the "console" chat since i started playing 3 days ago. Not ONCE have i been answered. The only time someone actually answered me was by accident because he wrote in the wrong chat and i started chatting with him. It is really pissing me off. because i ask fairly simple questions in the console chat, and a lot of the questions only required a Yes or No. so wtf?

Being completely ignored when your a rookie is really a bad way for the server, cause then i will ignore all other rookies, because that was what the veterans did and so on.

Please, all i ask for is simple fast answers, nothing big.

Thank you.

• The reason why nobody is answering you is because only those granted access to talk via console chat (i.e. to ALL the players regardless in which system they are currently residing in) are Event Managers and GR -- Serverpolice. And that's for a good reason otherwise everyone would just always talk and spam in console and everyone, no matter where they are, would be able to read it.

You need to directly talk to a player by clicking on his name in the chat window or talk through the system chat.

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• That's what system chat is for and you can obviously form groups with others and talk through the group chat no matter where you are

it's not different from an MMO really. General chat is always restricted to the current area you are in.

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Sorry for my outbreak, came out a bit to rough.

You're probably right tho. besides from that there are almost always online players in your area in MMO's

• If you need help Explo, the best place for it is aside from New York where all newbs start...

Is ANYWHERE someone is willing to help you. Ask and ye shall receive.

In the meantime, if you have any questions you want to ask here, feel free to contact me anytime.

My work on Crossfire over the past years with sector mapping, information gathering, as a sort of "Sirius Historian" and "Xeno-Researcher", I have assembled quite a bit of technical data, history, lore and information about Crossfire that I am more than willing to share with you. Some of it is also linked in my signature.

Hope this helps and good journey Freelancer! :thumbup:

• so what happens if you write into the console (as standard player)?
    your message goes to the server... and the server thinks "mommy told me not to talk to people that i dont know"
    -> now seriously... you would only get an answer if I have the console open on the other side (by accident)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• rofl

console: noob

console: ubernoob

console: suber uber noob

console: lol

console: lmao

• @ Explo .. hi bud if ya need help just ask a player.. or a clan member.. all im sure will help ya

if the player is in arena he might be busy getting shot at by another player ..
    if players dont reply straight away thay are genraly fighting somthing .. so be paitent

good luck out there and have fun .. if i see ya ill see if you ok

hell have no fury like a piad merc !

characters ... Robbers Dog . RobbersDog 13thArmored x2 redneck widow maker robbers dog tr 13tharmored truck

clan forum 13th ARMORED

• Direction for getting assistance:

1) Open Player List Chat Window
    2) Click on (IOC)Rexsomething or other on the player list
    3) Press Enter or Return key on your keyboard
    4) When the chat window opens at the bottom of screen, begin typing
    5) Whe done typing, press the Enter or Return key again to send message
    6) A space adventurer and cool guy will answer your questions to the best of his ability

Easy peasy.

:D

• Yes, no one hears you typing in Console and neither yourself, so feel at ease with other players, they done nothing wrong :)

Use private channels, or system and group channels instead... you can find them by pressing "Y".

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I thought that "console" was some kind of global chat, as it is in vanilla... so stop buggin me about that mistake :p

And i found out, after playing mmo-rpg for 8 years, that trying to write in the global chat is more polite than pm'ing random people :) and i only tried to be polite instead of buggin random people.

• I thought that "console" was some kind of global chat, as it is in vanilla... so stop buggin me about that mistake :p

And i found out, after playing mmo-rpg for 8 years, that trying to write in the global chat is more polite than pm'ing random people :) and i only tried to be polite instead of buggin random people.

Who you calling "random". :D

It's pretty easy to tell who to ask of help here. If you see "Player A killed Player B by gun and gets $$$$$$" over and over again, it's prolly not a good idea to private message Player A or B, they likely a bit busy. Anyone in Arena is likely busy as that's where most events take place. If you see anyone on the player list with "trader", "trade", "train" or other such description in their nickname, these guys are hauling cargo and would likely welcome the distraction of a quick chat while doing a boring trade run. Almost anyone [over level 50] in New York system is a good candidate for asking questions as there is no PvP there.

Take care and fly safe.

Addendum: Keep in mind, a lot of players here are from non-english speaking countries and some have little or no command of the english language. They may not be ignoring you...they may just not undrestand you. Be patient and if you still get no response, try someone else.

Edited once, last by Rex Nebular: Addendum ().

• Well, as everybody under 50 (well 60) in NY are not supposed to stay there, as it's not allowed to hide/run from RP, they are probably free for a quick chat, as Rex said :D

@Rex Nebular: Such countries exist ? in the modern ones with PCs ? Even in Africa they do/know english :D It's different if people are older than the years the country started doing english, or just failed at that.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• @Rex Nebular: Such countries exist ? in the modern ones with PCs ? Even in Africa they do/know english :D It's different if people are older than the years the country started doing english, or just failed at that.

Try playing League of Legends... sigh.

But thanks for the info :)

• Explo:
    When you open the chat window (Y-key by default) you can also see in what systems other players are.
    Then using the "system-chat" to talk "global" within that system (when being their yourself)

To permanently talk to a specified person you can also select this players name in the chat window, and by pressing <Enter> the player name already is marked, so you just need to type your message and send it.
    To permanently talk to the group, you can also select the group-chat (upper side, above the players list) within the chat window
    Permanently talking in system chat is set by default

system chat (/s <message>) (light grey color)- system wide messages, visible for all who are in the same system as you are
    group chat (/g <message) (pink/purple color) - messages is visible for people being in the same group as you are
    private chat (/<playername> <message>) (green color) - message only visible for the selected/adressed player

Those are the options you have as player, to communicate with other players on the server.
    Keep in mind - System chat is English only | Group and private is whatever language the participating persons agreeing to.