Hints and Tips (Spoiler version)

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• since this is a spoiler forum i'm going to spoil away (that sounds dirty...)

but has anyone been able to unlock the last set up dialogue between Shepard and The Illusive Man?

i've heard that you have to select the paragon/renegade options (the options on the left) every time you talk to that indoctrinated fool (mars, Citadel on both accounts etc...) but haven't been able to confirm it.

my guess (and this is pure speculation) judging by his confusion on the Citadel before you light his ass up he was about to say "yeah, your right Shepard. fuck these Reaper fools!" and proceeds to destroy them without eliminating the Relays in the process...which kind of sucks.

however the fanboi's (including me) are hugely outraged by this. however i've heard the excues "well now we can't have a Mass Effect MMO!!!"

the difference between those fanboi's and myself (on this topic) is that IF an MMO were to be created (i'd jizz....a lot) you can still have the setting prior to the beginning of Mass Effect 1, however beyond the date of which the Prothean Ruins and the Charon Relay was disocvered...

Mass Effect takes place in 2183 and 2185...so put the MMO say 2173 and you'll be OK

but still, how the hell do you unlock the 3rd paragon/renegade option at the end of the game? (before your 1 of 3 choices that had nothing to do with the other 2 games)

• probably the "you have to play it online to unlock the galactic support stuff before you do the final missions"-thingy that unlocks it (just a guess)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• upon doing a google search of this issue..i found this nifty, handy dandy spolierrific guide

im thinking i'll try some of these

keep in mind this is a HUGE spoiler ending...like so massive it can divide by 0. Chuck Norris NOR Techno Viking can comprehend this article if you choose to read it, fine. if you dont, the only hint i will explain is that it's about the War Asset doo-hickey

so yes...the galactic support stuff has to do with the "perfect" ending

oh Bioware, why must you be so...frustrating?

• Well, on there you've seen what EMS were, as it's mentioned like 30 times.

And Portal, a game have to be challenging, isn't that CF's main idea ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• yeah..so? ME3 has an option to make it no challenge whatsoever and play it like a movie (enemies are 3 hit kills or less with any gun/power, every conversation needs player interaction...)

but weren't you a little pissed off when Bioware said during the pre-release "every one of your choices in ME1 and ME2 will reflect certain thing in ME3 and the overall outcome of the Trilogy?" but in reality you have 1 of 3 choices that a star child has given you?

cool, you saved the collector base in the second game for example. lets say it's rumored that if you save the collector base, you get some cool superweapon that can destroy the Reapers in one hit (like that beam that takes out the SR-1)

but when mass effect 3 comes around, instead of a cool superweapon, you just get some lame war assets and everbody dies regardless...ya know in essence of a Shakespeare tragedy.

yes the game was challenging but the ending i got sucked!

this video explains my reaction to the ending
    "NOOOOOOOOO" Compilation 2
    - YouTube

anyway i'm going to get my EMS up...or attempt to

the other i disliked was the fact if you didn't do a particular mission, bad shit happened. i didn't do that mission where Cerberus placed a bomb on Tuchanka and the bomb ended up blowing up a major city/settlement. i thought Wrex was going to be like "FUCK YOU SHEPARD!!!!"

• Ive not seen the ending yet but from what i can tell ME3 is a big disappointment

- linear storyline; you can play a few missions to unlock the next few missions to unlock the next few mission; the only choice you have is in which order you play these mission
    - no open universe anymore; in ME1 and ME2 you had the chance to return to certain places... buy new equipment there... do further missions.... well not in ME3... there is no other place than the citadel
    - heavy logicial bugs
    - texture bugs such as decals being drawn over the edge of canyons
    - missions which dont finish correctly
    - missions which finished without that the player actually did anything
    - annoying planet scanning was replaced by... planet scanning (great)
    - you can not prevent the death of certain team members, no matter how hard you try (bye Thane, bye Mordin, bye Legion)
    - interface looks ugly
    - the well known uniforms and armour pieces from the previous game (not much has changed there... even the special armour sets are there).. but hard to find something really new
    - nasty bugs where you could not leave certain areas (reload and playing again solves it)
    - still crappy NPC textures
    - a for sure very interesting polygon bug on of the side missions
    - terrible character animation bugs
    - terrible camera settings (placing the cam behind a closed door in a cut scene was for sure a special event)
    - i want the afterlife back! -> damnit why is there no option to take back omega?
    - decisions from ME1 and ME2 seem to play no role: eg. in ME1 you can decide to save the citadel council on the destiny ascension or not; if you do 3 alliance fleets take heavy losses. So whats the difference in this choice for ME3? Save the destiny and you get it as war asset with 100 points and at the same time the 3 alliance fleets have only 66 points left -> thats a loss of 34 per fleet ) -> you gain 100 points for the destiny and at the same time you loose 102 points -> it does not matter how you decide... the points are almost equal.... same with all other decisions that you do
    "do decisions and deal with their consequences" -> none

Mass effect developed from a roleplay like game with a interesting universe to an action shooter where you are limited to shooting and doing nonsense decisions.
    And the best is the storyline... Earth gets invaded... 1,86 people die every day on that planet and on other planets the situation does not look better... but all characters have enough time for their personal problems... for visiting bars... for sitting on the citadel and having a tea time. No hurry.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the only reason you want Afterlife is so you can go bang some Asari hotties....

when a mission starts and it hones in on the tradtional over the shoulder view...it reminds me of Time Crisis...i dont know why...it just does

speaking of decisions, i dont know about you, but i'm with the rest of the fanboi's when they say "wtfomfg!!!!" when it comes to previous decisions made in the previous games...

not sure how much of an impact we have on the rest of the Sci-Fi gaming community but we have enough people here and coming from TLR (i must know about this...been way too long) to potentially make an impact on Bioware saying "change the ending"

an easier way to explain: enough angry fanboi's and hate mail to Bioware may just get them to change something...just to shut us up. they just have to have community input, a massive internet wide vote and implement the best idea via popular vote...

just to shut us up...

• i dont think that this will happen
    ... and there are asari hotties in purgatory aswell... it just doesnt feel right

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It should happen, as a DLC to get the money.

I doubt they won't use such a chance to earn more money O.o

But they need their time to make an ending at the level of the rest of the game :D

Everyone wanted to arrive at this point and expected it for long, and now everyone wants to go back in time and forget this ending existed ? :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Purgatory was a prison ship wasn't it? as well as a nightclub?

personally, as much as i'd bang an Asari hooker, i'm afraid of what weird STDs i might get...

more than likely people will be outraged at the fact they'll need to pay for the new ending DLC...if there is one...

however conflicting fanboi-dom will force those to purchase the DLC. "I dont want to pay for a new ending, but i HAVE TO see what they did...i mean...i REALLY dont want to pay....but i'll never know!" and they end up spending $10 bucks for an even shittier ending....

quick...someone anti-jinx it!

• yes it was a prision ship... and i dont understand why they named a club in the same way (makes not much sense)
    I would have understand if they called it Coras Nest instead (which would be cool actually to see something from ME1)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok, finished it in less than 9 days... considering that I did my RL job, build the new CF website, worked on CF2.0 and took care of the recent SWAT related stuff the game experience was incredible short.
    I can confirm that it does not seem to play a role if you always took the paragon choices to unlock the final option with illusive man (i did and am nearly 100% good)

The 3 choices you can make at the end (actually 2+1 since you have to unlock the 3rd choice) are infact very limiting... but in my eyes acceptable.
    What bothers me most is that everything feels so unfinished.
    What happened with your crew?
    Whats with that mega reaper? -> they talk about that reaper so often and in the end you dont even get to see it.
    why was there no real end fight?
    what happened to the galaxy?
    What actually happened to the team that was with shepard before he reached the beam?
    Hell you fight your way to that beam and think "now lets finish this" and then nothing happens really.
    And wtf is that stupid kid?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yeah but after doing 2 endings whats the point ~?
    it makes no diff once u enter the citadel .just walk really slow talk and decide so feckin boring:(

• Well, some of you asked what was wrong at the current ending, I didn't see it too bad, but not enough..., and this guy tells some reasons pretty clearly for using only 8 minutes, as there are more topics than he mentioned:

And well, Bioware announced they are already working on new alternative endings and even continuations of this ending...

so, it's done !