Suggestion for faction based gameplay - System conquer logic

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• This is a proposal of system conquer logic for CF2...

the best way to conquer a system is to have the following logic...

Every clan is registered as a faction on the server.( that is not very difficult to put in ... there are lots of tutorial on how to do that.)

You declare a system rep with a player .. meaning each clan has their own faction rep in their owned system.

Then in the flhook you can see the details of the player that was just killed ( already in - for rep and such)

If a player kills another player, the winner gains a rep point with the faction that owns the system where the kill took place. ( Already rep upgrade with kills in FL)

This means that if an SA is killed inside O3, they loose rep points with the SA faction and after loosing enough rep points, they cannot dock at their system bases any more.

But if they kill enemy players inside O3 - they gain rep points with SA again, and after enough kills, will gain back their bases...

This also counts for all NPC factions and system, and this means that the most active clans has the chance of gaining the most rep points on the system.

This will also force mutli clan and multi player cooperation to firstly - HOLD ON to what you have and then secondly, influence and take over other parts of the system.

You don't play the server- you loose your systems and spots .. and have to WORK hard to get it back...

Makes for much interesting server dynamics

UPDATE - A player has suggested that destroying a base in a clan system will gain the system.. This is not something I think should be true .. the current engine ( i believe) works that if you destroy a base, you LOOSE rep points with that base faction. This is good til lthe next server reset to deny a clan or faction access to their own bases - maybe where stores and replenishments are kept, but it will make it that much harder to 'occupy' the system if you loose rep points by destroying the structures.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

Edited 2 times, last by Riebens: Spelling mistakes Added base destroy ().

• since the constest system is not finished and we have no real idea how to get it working correctly i will not think about such stuff
    sorry... it just makes no sense at the current point

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It's a good ideea, maybe a bit to much:D i'm thinking if ppl won't be able to dock in their own home system...many will go emo and leave....

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• since the constest system is not finished and we have no real idea how to get it working correctly i will not think about such stuff
    sorry... it just makes no sense at the current point

I understand that the conquest system is not finished, and that is why I did the suggestion.

Remember this is not a request for a feature, but a suggestion of how something can work that can be refered to or ignored at the time that the final decisions is made.

Most of the code is already in freelancer - all that is needed is to add the server clans as factions and add the faction reps to the structures/systems that the clans own.

The clans should also be able to purchase/sell their faction reputation only from their main system base.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• not all systems in cf are owned by one faction ... u can be red with a planet and green with a prision in the same system ... it would take days weeks months to re code all that surely ...

inerseting idea though ,,,
    destroyable bases sounds hard enough ..
    mayde if u deatroy a base that a clan owns .. the owner clan loses some rep as thay failed to protect the base .. but that falls apart as we cant be online 24/7...

hell have no fury like a piad merc !

characters ... Robbers Dog . RobbersDog 13thArmored x2 redneck widow maker robbers dog tr 13tharmored truck

clan forum 13th ARMORED

• It is a nice idea, but not all of it is nice.

Well, I disagree with this idea for now ^^ If somebody touches Tarsus or our special Station Hope (of the human kind), I might go emo and destroy everything and everyone else (instead of quitting), then everyone else goes emo and quits.

That's actually the story of Sephiroth lol ... the hero, strongest "SOLDIER", after some happenings, goes and destroys everything he was supposed to protect, and no one could stop him.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis