Preview

There are 349 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Those colors... those backgrounds... are so beautiful I can cry while staring at them with glowy eyes.

The mission levels 41-43 will be used for ultra hard mission types. The reward of these missions will be much higher. The difficulty of these missions will be that high that you can finish the mission only if you play in teams.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• that is a pretty vague question considering the amount of existing coalition stations

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• LoneWolf - What Op is saying that specific station identities are needed. Not all Coalition stations have these issues. It is easier to make the fixes when it is known which specific station has what problem. You can use the Ticket system to open a trouble ticket when you discovery a station with an issue. If fact any problem or issue can be addressed that way. Gives us something to use to track what needs work! :)

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• it is very unlikely that they all have such issues, especially since they were tested often enough

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• They have red rings docking entrances, "weird" if you compare them with Sirius ones, but they are not Sirius/Alliance, they are Altair/Coalition, made to be totally different from the rest of the game, different technology.

The hitboxes are mainly correct by what I remember, except one, but I haven't rechecked that one in 1.9 to see if it's fixed.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the "red rings" are not the problem i mentioned... i have meant the not reasonable docking points on some stations... well maybe i have to recheck altair then... uff.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Rheinland space... while i changed the most textures in previous CF versions Ive mostly kept the look of the rheinland systems as the background look already cool in vanilla FL (very hard to improve and no good idea to replace)
    however... CF2.0 comes with an updated version with much more details

all of CFs starspheres will get a major update (work almost done)
    they all keep their general style but with much more details

• With CF2.0 it was planned to update the entire mission system and making high level missions much more difficult while the mission payment also increases.
    We even went with the idea to have missions that are so hard that they can only be played in teams.

The past week ive spent to figure out if this is even possible.
    Now I can say "dunno".
    FLs mission system is pretty complicated and every change could lead to serious side effects. The mission system also has limits that I clearly did not want to break.
    Not everything we wanted to do was possible.

What we did is pretty complicated to describe actually and if it is enough to call it "Team mission" is not sure. It most likely depends on individual skills and the team.
    However, I will release some more information about the changes as soon I got some feedback from the dev team about the changes.

Here are 2 screenshots of one of the new solar missions that i was working on.

• That looks cool. I do have a question, at some places when you get missions there is never coordinates (example, kill the outcasts at sector 6F) is it possible to add those kind of details to missions in CF systems?

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• ive not encountered a mission yet without coordinates
    infact FL generates the output automatically... so if FL knows where the mission is (and FL knows such stuff) it should display the coordinates
    there is no setting on the missions or systems which could prevent that

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I've forgotten where but there are some areas where the mission coordinates are missing. I submitted either a Trouble ticket or something I put in the thread I started about "content and continuity". I will dig around for the original and submit/post it again. the mission description reads something like, "fly to (blank space) and kill all Rouges" or something like that. I will advise soonest.

Files

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by Gearhead10: Attachment - found file I was looking for. ().

• Yes I meant in the description for the mission when you are looking at the job board. Of course you can always accept mission then check the nav map to see where the mission is. A good example can be found at Planet Gortyn....I have never seen a mission that lists coordinates in the description. BTW....sorry, I'm off topic

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• i dont know... the way i see it the descriptions are working for me

Edit by
    hmm, i see where the problem is
    FL has a limit of 200 mission zones which can be displayed in the description, most of that is already used by vanilla zones
    i doubt that it can get fixed
    however the mission often display the sector where the mission takes place (F5 or E3,... )

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Assuming to other Mods OP it's possible to make missions such as strong as you trying to do. Of course it'll get easier if u put Capital ships :P . I have some questions about 2.0 that is realy important I think for a good gameplay. The Repair buoys!! Is it possible that the Repair time will be lowered? Cause it's a pain in the **** waiting so long till it's repaired... Will there be Nano's and Batts for Capital shiP? At least 1 Load would be enough you know, if we could use, for full regen, 1 time Nano's and Batts. How about putting MANY ships inside the Lost Paradise Planet! That would look realy great you know at least flying some ships inside (or in case for other planets, around orbit).. Ok Capital Ships Docking Bays? Will the Capital Ships finaly be able to have Docking Bays, where players can dock on Player Capital ships? What do you think of BIGGER Stations? Cause I think Freelancer generally has too small Stations... ASF/CSF! Will their ships finaly be buyable? They would be realy cool for ASF/CSF battles! Capital ships.. Like I asked before, how about 4 - 5 diffrent weapons that do the exact same damage but look diffrent?!? At least the Shots would not look the same, so you know which ones are Shooting. Keep up the good work OP! And thanks! Awaiting answers :D Snake out-

• If i wouldnt know the difficulty settings of the other mods i probably would believe that.
    But almost all mods use the vanilla settings. There are only 2 exceptions and their settings dont really make harder missions at all.
    I even doubt that there is a single modder which actually understands FLs difficulty settings completely.
    Missions against cap ships are no good idea since they never would work unless you turn the cap ships into fighter class ships which has tons of side effects such as messed up formations or pilot errors.
    Other modders might accept such stuff... I dont.

- Repair bouys will not change, they are balanced on fighters just like the rest of the game
    - no there wont be bots and bats for cap ships... those were removed in the last version on purpose
    - Lost Paradise is called Lost Paradise... because its a lost world... that is hard to reach... .... tons of ships make absolutely no sense
    - no cap ship docking; i consider this the most useless and most risky feature for a server.
    - stations are big enough; resizing stuff will break the 3d models aswell as the system layout including the pathfinding, the mission zones and the patrol paths
    - no, ASF/CSF ships wont be available; there are even considerations to cancel the ASF/CSF events with the release of CF2.0 due to the lack of interest in the event
    - cap ships already have different weapon sets... I see absolutely no reason to add more

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i have a little question to the weapon-thingy in own interest: i think OP we already talked about it once, the Kusari-turrets fire these coalition-alike balls and you said that the "normal" kusari-turrets, these with the yellow beam, create lags to server/players... but with the development, do you may consider to change this, as you are also working on the LRK?

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Kusari turrets use:
    "ku_gunboat_maingun" and "ku_capgun_01_proj"
    as projectiles

That are the original Kusari projectiles for the cap ships.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,