I will be back soon, In the process of new PC build

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BlackWing.

• I am sorry for my absence but my graphics card died, I know bummer and I am not sure if the psu killed it or not.
    It went black and stalled twice then on the last restart started and has since then has always been artifacting.
    I have recenly been given some cash for xmas just gone so, I will be building myself a new PC tomorrow.:)
    I am not to fussed about the graphics card I am using as it was a present from my dad and it will do just fine for my 17 inch monitor and freelancer (crossfire) mod.
    I will be using a PNY Nvidia 9600GT OC 512mb GDDR3 and ooh did I mention I will have 8gb of vengance DDR3 ram.
    Yeah baby yeah! :D
    Not to get too exicted about the graphics card but it will do as, I will be upgrading it later on in the year.
    'Edit-I already upgraded to a Asus GeForce GTX 550Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express graphics card, lol.':D
    Obviously for this build I will need a better psu for all my other hardware included and I will be using a new motherboard.
    Hence the spec requirement and changes but hehe, I am not telling you lot any more details.
    You will all have to wait and see once I have built this sweet looking beast of a machine.
    Trent won't know what hit him, lmao.:D><
    But here is a teaser for you all, awesome air flow for the case, see through and neon blue lit.
    I haven't done a new full build in ages, I am so eager to build this machine now.
    The only things, I will be keeping from my old PC in my new build is the cpu, cpu cooler, sata hard drive and dvd-ram/dvd-rw/dvd-r/cd-rw/cd-r drive.
    Unfortunaly I have to say goodbye to the world of DDR2 ram and ide hardware.
    You will be sorely missed and I have had such fond and fun memories with this hardware.
    But times change I suppose and once again, I am moving in line with the masses.
    Upgrading my hardware to the latest spec hardware well more or less.;)

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.

Edited 4 times, last by BlackWing ().

• Uh hey, stop..lol
    Why to say g bye to the world of DDR2 Ram?
    Don't despair, and listen.
    FL can be rolled on my old machine which is so-called Pentium III 1999, CPU Celeron 1.1ghz; GPU FX 5600/128mb; 512 SD RAM; 40gb HD..and so on

I wish u good luck with ur new machine and i hope ur pc will fly soon.

• You will have enough PC pieces after upgrading it "next year" to build a second PC :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Annoyingly they were out of stock so I will have to go to another shop tomorrow.
    But I have hit a bit of rough patch today and I am in no mood to build it just yet.
    Its personal sorry I can't disclose anymore, lets just say it really knocked it out of me.
    And my PC days hang in the balance if I can't get my head back together again.

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

• Okay I finally upgraded&replaced my graphics card today and not a bad card either.

Asus GeForce GTX 550Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    And I also purchased this monster of a psu.:)

650W OCZ ZS Series ATX2.2 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply
    I haven't got my new case yet but, I will be doing soon.;)
    And for the moment I decided not to get a new motherboard for 8gb of ddr3 ram hence the need for a new motherboard because there all crap for my liking.
    But I had to drop my ide hard drive and remove it from my current build so, I have more space and better airflow.
    I also purchased.

Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 25g Premium High-Density Thermal Compound
    And some of this.

Akasa TIM Clean - Thermal Interface Cleaner
    Along with some cotton buds to clean my Arctic Cooler Revision 2 cooler and my Intel Core2Duo E6850 and If you remove and apply the thermal compound right you get awesome temps.:D
    Check out these temps straight after the upgrade.;)

'Ignore the wrong time and date as, I had to reset the bios well I do this with every build as standard practice for myself.'
    :)
    And its cheaper for me this way and Battlefield Bad Company 2 maxed out runs awesome although Freelancer (crossfire) mod doesn't like my card, I keep getting the common.dll error when starting singleplayer. But I am upgrading the Nvidia driver now.:)
    And I will be buying a new case when I can get someone to give me a lift home with it as its freaking huge the one, I should be getting hopefully.:)
    Its a coolermaster case, brilliant cooling.:)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

Edited 2 times, last by BlackWing ().

• I have gotten both single player and multiplayer in Freelancer (crossfire) mod to work now and if you get the same common.dll error when playing singleplayer/new game delete the Restart.fl file in the save games directory for Freelancer and restart the game.
    Enjoy.
    ;)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

• Thanks, I just purchased Battlefield 3 today, I am installing it now.:)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

• I know, I played the beta and I also own the complete Battlefield 2 Collection and Battlefied Bad Company 2 for my current PC.:)
    I am just waiting for the update to finish downloading to install.:)
    I am a bit of a Battlefield nut and my favourite position/role in the game series is sniper/recon.:)
    I also fixed my old Nvidia 880GTS 320bit 640mb GDDR3 card by stripping it down, cleaning all the thermal paste off it and doing the oven trick.
    Letting it cool down and then reapplying the thermal paste and screwing it all back together.
    And now it works and obviously I am using the latest card, I recently purchased.:)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

Edited 2 times, last by BlackWing ().

• I have just finished the Battlefield 3 campaign and it was awesome in my opinion minus the odd bugs here and there.
    It did irritate me with there damn auto overclock feature in the game screwing with my cpu and gpu, but I found a way to overcome that.:)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

• BF 3 campaign is absolutely terrible scripted crap. But yeah people obviously buy it for MP. I liked the beta but meh... waiting for Guild Wars 2 :>

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• The final release is better then the beta.:)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

• Sorry nope I don't own that game yet.

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

• The lowest card that is able to run battlefield 3 is the Nvidia 8800gt or 8800gts but the graphics won't be great hence, I upgraded and Spiky with a good graphics card it will runs just fine.:)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,