How strong is your PC

There are 146 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MISTER(robert)BROT.

• lol mine must look slow in comparison to you guys, I built the thing nearly four years ago minus the cpu cpu cooler and ram upgrades the year before last.
    I am so overdue an upgrade it just isn't funny anymore.
    PC Spec's:
    PSU-Antec 380 watt,
    Motherboard-MSI P35 NEO2,
    [Ram]
    2x1GBDDR2 PC2-6400(400Mhz),
    2X2GB DDR2 Ballistixs(With status leds)
    [Cpu Cooler]Freezer 7 pro rev 2,
    [Overclocked 3.60Ghz Stable]Intel(R) Core(TM)2DUO E6850(when needed, I also can run it at 3.80Ghz stable);)
    [Highest-Overclocked-Custom-Bios-Flashed]Nvidia 8800 GTS 320bit G80(A2,96sp)with 640MB DDR3, Core Clock:659, Shader Clock:1627 and Memory Clock:956,

Old Desktop/Screenshot

'My Highest Stable Nvidia 8800 GTS with 640MB DDR3 Overclock '

[Nvidia 8800GTX Clockings, Runs flawlessly]:)
    'Just don't use the the Nvidia 8800GTX bios, you have to manually edit your stock one'
    [Current-Overclocked-Custom-Bios-Flashed]Nvidia 8800 GTS 320bit G80(A2,96sp)with 640MB DDR3, Core Clock:575, Shader Clock:1350 and Memory Clock:900,
    Hardrive(sata)-Samsung HD501LH 500GB,
    Hardrive(ide)-Maxtor 4R120L0 120GB.
    OS'S-XP-32bit/Windows 7-32 bit/Kubuntu 11.10-64 bit.
    PC Case-Antec
    Resolution-1280X1024.
    Refresh Rate-75 Hertz.
    [When I am running my cpu at 3.60Ghz]
    CPU Clocking's:
    CPU FSB:400
    CPU Ratio:9
    CPU Frequency:3600
    VCore:1.4
    Memory Volts:2.00
    FSB:Auto(800)Mhz
    NB:1.3
    SB:1.05(Default)
    Yeah I am a bit of an OC junkie lol and of course it will run Freelancer(Crossfire)Mod.:D

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.

Edited 2 times, last by BlackWing ().

• nice Blakwing...don't worry, some of us have older stuff than that 8)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Thanks its an okay system for today's specs probably by current definitions a mid range PC for gaming and performance.
    To think this was the best setup for its time when, I first built it.
    'Shudders at the rate hardware changes.'
    My previous build had a Nvidia 6800GTS and a Intel E2180 cpu(2.00Ghz Stock), I overclocked that cpu from 2.00Ghz to 3.80Ghz.
    100% stable. Damn I love that chip, I can overclock my current cpu to 4.00Ghz.
    But I can't get it to pass prime95 stable because I need better cooling. :huh: 8|

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

Edited once, last by BlackWing ().

• i can only hope you made a spelling error, RawPower ... cuz, 24gb of RAM ... and over 6TB hdd ... (which definitely isnt raid0 or 5) .. are you guys running local torrent servers for your region ? haha, thats overpowered ...

Mineral Oil Submerged PC in Aquarium (original video)
    - YouTube

i don't think his calculations are correct and it's NOT RAID 0 by any sense of the word. Since you are a home_user, you have 2T of data on it already? That's incredible. My rig rocks and it can run anything on the market to maximum resolutions smoothly. Oh, I built it for about 1000 USD

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I dont have what my friend Vishnu have but here what I have

window 7 home
    Processor============= intel core i7 920@2.67
    Display adapter======= NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    RAM================= 9.00 GB
    Systemtype========== 64 bit operating system
    Rating at 4.7

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• Actually, yes I have. Built 5 over as many years. Started out v1 with a p-3 based celeron out of fear of heat concentration and the like. A lot of the people who build them don't take things like that into consideration either - one can run it with almost any CPU as long as they consider the following as precautionary:

1 - if the builder chooses to run anything above a pentium 4 class or the AMD equivalent processor they need to find an oil resistant non conductive sealer to make a bead around the base of the socket and where the cpu seats once inserted.
    2 - Again with semi modern hardware, heat CAN cause degradation hardware even in oil. Best formula to use for cool down is - let it be shut down for as many minutes or hours as it has been on. i.e.... 8 hours on, 8 off.
    3 - DO NOT USE BABY OIL! Well I suppose one can in minimal proportion to the rest of the mix (1 bottle per setup for the pleasant scent) Reasoning behind not using it by itself, is that the fragrance still contains alcohol and that is obviously conductive and can ruin your build before you play with it.
    4 - Just like a vehicle or any other machine using oil, change it every so often. 6 months in is plenty long for such a build. Any longer and you'll find dust contaminants and the like forming even if you cannot see them. Don't use filters in any circulation setups one might design as they will contaminate the oil and cause serious problems quickly. I learned that the hard way.

It's really a fun thing to do by the way. Gets a lot of looks. And the questions observers ask...

Needless to say one of the builds I did with such a thing landed me a job at a local college's tech lab until it was closed. During the interview I mentioned it as being designed, tested, and built in two weeks time and I started my job the following monday :). Keep in mind, this was back when such alternative cooling ideas where nowhere near commonplace :)

• cool...but for gaming also is important=> big big screen and best mouse/game pad.

Mineral oil cooling system is a genius idea.

PS

Put my whole laptop in washbowl and wear gloves to the elbow and that's it.

• 1709667886.png

From Virginia to Frankfurt.... no too bad :)

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I successfully overclocked my Intel C2D E6850 to 3.90Ghz stable and I increased the vcore to 1.56volts and it is now running stable at 3.90Ghz.
    I also had to bump up my ram voltage to 2.10 as well as sb and nb volts a bit. I cannot go any higher on the cpu as the ram is holding me back as the GEIL ram is rated 1.80v and the Battlistix ram is rated 2.00v.
    I also have changed the latency on my ram and the clock speeds(see screenshot 5-5-5-18) and, I can't push the gpu ram any higher in combination with a high core clock speed.
    So I think I need to drop gpu ram clock speed to around 1500 and go from there.
    Previous 3DMark06 Score

PC Spec's
    I recently purchased the following upgrades hence this new overclocking post.
    Asus GeForce GTX 550Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

The card already comes slightly overclocked from Asus.
    And I also purchased this monster of a psu.:)

650W OCZ ZS Series ATX2.2 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply
    I haven't got my new case yet but, I will be doing soon.;)
    And for the moment I decided not to get a new motherboard for 8gb of ddr3 ram hence the need for a new motherboard because there all crap for my liking.
    But I had to drop my ide hard drive and remove it from my current build so, I have more space and better airflow.
    I also purchased.

Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 25g Premium High-Density Thermal Compound
    And some of this.

Akasa TIM Clean - Thermal Interface Cleaner
    Along with some cotton buds to clean my Arctic Cooler Revision 2 cooler and my Intel Core2Duo E6850 and If you remove and apply the thermal compound right you get awesome temps.:D
    Check out these temps straight after the upgrade.;)

'Ignore the wrong time and date as, I had to reset the bios well I do this with every build as standard practice for myself.'
    :)
    And its cheaper for me this way and Battlefield Bad Company 2 maxed out runs awesome and without any overclocking.
    I am also able to run Battlefield 3 maxed out on ultra.:)
    [Already Owned Hardware]
    Motherboard-MSI P35 NEO2,
    [Ram]
    2x1GBDDR2 PC2-6400(400Mhz),
    2X2GB DDR2 Ballistixs(With status leds),
    Cpu-Intel Core2Duo E6850@3.80Ghz(stable),
    [Cpu Cooler]Freezer 7 pro rev 2,
    Harddrive-Samsung HD501LH 500GB(sata).

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

Edited 4 times, last by BlackWing ().

• New stable overclock see first post for the updated details.:)

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

Edited once, last by BlackWing ().

• You can load yourelf in it... but you are still playing the Real Life game.

Thanx to that, I noticed: FL DataStorm ---> :thumbdown:
    It won't work with Crossfire. :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• lol it does work with crossfire but I only use it to find ships.:)
    And I have completed Freelancer countless times so, I see no harm in using datastorm for the above stated reason.

Current System
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    8GB of DDR3,

• I just showed my genitals,oups:P
    My sucky little PC
    I3 3000 core 2 duo
    motherboard-Asus p7h55-m
    4 gb ddr 3 kingston
    not rly proup of my asus gt-220 but i'm planing to change it:P

Ouch my balls are so huge:))))

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

Edited once, last by spylegs: Cus i can ().

• Since when you have 6 times more upload to a server in your country, than to Frankfurt ?

The only thing that should be different is the ping :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis