Noob Hints/Recomendations

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• New to crossfire, played freelancer way way way way back in the day when it was released. I wanted to start out multiplayer, but have no idea where to start (in game, installation was smooth). Ive browsed through the forums and tried a search or two but feel a bit overwhelmed. If someone could help point me in the right direction, i would appreciate it.

• Hello Mayjori, welcome in Crossfire universe! As Cro recommended, pods hunting is good money source for start. Is good read server rules on server page and keep in mind that in MP exist other players (ASK ... this simple rule can help you lot ... move to space and check communication. You can learn fast if you will communicate with other ppl. Is also good idea check here Crossfire section (System Rules) ... for example you can found how it is in Custodian system which is nearest clan system for you.

When you will have some experience and you will want learn more about Role Play on CF ... you can found info in server rules and you can also check in Crossfire section here RP board for articles with basic info for existing RP licenses.

• Welcome to CF and the Swat portal Mayjori, seems we are more people still arround who started playing Freelancer in it's begginings :)

As you said about being overwhelemed... the only thing you have to worry (in my opinion) is what to do first, as you'll have plenty of options for now, don't miss the Multiplayer experience wanting to have a fast/good start, curiosity is a good thing in games.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hello all - I just wanted to chime in and say I too played FL waaaaaaay back in the day and this mod is wonderful. (played alot on Geezers server long ago with many mates) .... I just dl'd and installed CF 2 nights ago and have been lurking in and browsing the forums and exploring a bit on the server.

I have one quite possibly STUUUPID newbie question: As far as the storyline single player is concerned... do i have to restart and play through the normal old Freelancer campaign before the new Crossfire story begins, or am I missing something in terms of beginning hte new story from where the old left off???

Thanks! See you in Space.

-o6sideo

• Wecome to CF
    The added story line starts right after the original, and is much better as you will need abit of cash before heading on.
    Also its much better to do the whole story line. Then you can find places and items as well.
    P.S. No such thing as a stupid newbie question. The only type of stupid question is the one that is never asked.
    Also might want to come onto MP there is always someone that can help with info.

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• Welcome to CF mate, lawmac already gave you the answers :)

Don't worry about asking, it's one of the fastest ways to knowledge ! :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Cheers for that to you both. I'll blastin my way through single player for a bit then! :) And probably see you online after a bit... Wish you could pop straight into story mode on the multiplayer side, but ah well. See you in space. :)

• Cheers for that to you both. I'll blastin my way through single player for a bit then! :) And probably see you online after a bit... Wish you could pop straight into story mode on the multiplayer side, but ah well. See you in space. :)

Use a Safegame do the last Mission again and go for the rest after it.

Click the image above to visit us.

• welcome : ) advise from me
    in MP get a rp char and stick to it ! money are easy come easy go but having a place in the rp on the server is more fun then ever !
    you can be law upholding cop, swash bucling pirate, sneeky smuggler, hunting mercenery
    you can join clans, go to wars, alien hunting in ic, impruve you pvp skils, paeticipate in events, explore the vast and meny new cf systems : P

space

the final frontier

• Use a Safegame do the last Mission again and go for the rest after it.

I am new to this mod and would like to try the Single Player Campaign. After noticing that it starts at the beginning I tried using a Savegame file from the last mission of Vanilla SP. I was excited because when I finished it allowed me to start the new mission. It said to find Orillion on New Berlin. Well now I am at new Berlin and there is no sign of Orillion or King. Am I missing something or does using a Vanilla SP file not work?

• Have you followed all missions points and found two 'surprises encounter' during this travel? ... in all new missions you need always go to next waypoint for next mission script trigger.

• in all new missions you need always go to next waypoint for next mission script trigger.

yep indeed thats the key.

o6sideo
    Good luck in your journey through the CF story, it´s pretty cool and if you like the Storyline, keep in mind that this is more or less the preparation for MP where you can proceed the fun ;)

Fly save pilot.

ps.: Merry Christmas :)

Click the image above to visit us.