Freelancer 'crashes' on GT540M

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• As I have reported in the Crossfire topics I was having problems running freelancer crossfire wth the geforce gt540M laptop card.

I have a laptop: Asus K73SV

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
    i7 proc
    8GB mem
    500GB HDD
    Intel HD3000/Geforce GT540 combination

A few days ago I actually found out that without crossfire I have the same issue. Back then I have tried multiple things like:

- Reinstalled Windows 7 multiple times
    - Running Freelancer with compatability to Windows XP SP3
    - Administrator rights
    - Tried many different versions of the geforce drivers
    - and more stuff...

Today I finally was able to get a hold on the WIndows error reports and this came out:

So I'm able to run Freelancer on the Intel chip but when I want to start Freelancer with the geforce card 'ntdll.dll' seems to be causing a conflict when trying to start Freelancer. Freelancer will actuallty start but when the first video logo has passed, Freelancer gets stuck.

What can I do to fix this?

Thnx in advance!

• I checked about your card and config, but I don't see how to fix that, I'm not even sure where's the incompatibility issue.

I don't think an old driver would be an issue, one of those cards would work perfectly even without a driver.

Freelancer just uses 1 CPU, no matter how many you have, but not sure about the graph cards, try deactivating one card temporarly.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I checked about your card and config, but I don't see how to fix that, I'm not even sure where's the incompatibility issue.

I don't think an old driver would be an issue, one of those cards would work perfectly even without a driver.

Freelancer just uses 1 CPU, no matter how many you have, but not sure about the graph cards, try deactivating one card temporarly.

Disabling a card is not possible. Disabling intel card is not an option since it will disable my entire screen.

• dunno if it will help but its worth a try
    edit the perfoptions.ini in "my games\freelancer"
    and change
    "SkipMachineWarnings=FALSE" to "SkipMachineWarnings=TRUE"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• uhhh
    It's edited to skip the test and it still does it ?
    How many FL installs you have ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• uhhh
    It's edited to skip the test and it still does it ?
    How many FL installs you have ?

I know what test it is and I allready tried starting up Freelancer so I unchecked the box to show that the graphics card is not campatible. Thats why it probably
    was on TRUE allready.

I have 1 install of Freelancer. Trust me, i'm not a noob when it comes to installing Freelancer:P

• It was a bit of irony, it's that something has to be wrong on your PC but I don't know what if I haven't learnt it, experienced neither heard of that situation.

You are not the first player with 2 graph cards playing CF, so I don't think that unmounting the secondary card would help (even that you can try :P ), so.....

• i would recommend to check directx (dxdiag) or update some audio and video codecs. You said it crashes after the first video.
    If that does also not work then disable the videos in the freelancer.ini file and check how far you can get

My god....IT WORKED!:D

Disabling the intro video's

Thank you!!

• The videos ?
    Then you still have a problem somewhere in your software. At least we know it's nothing related with the hardware :D

• The videos ?
    Then you still have a problem somewhere in your software. At least we know it's nothing related with the hardware :D

Well as long as the startup video's are disabled I have no problem with having it the way it is:)

• Well, you'll have an idea on what happens if this repeats with other games/stuff.

• Well, you'll have an idea on what happens if this repeats with other games/stuff.

But this sucks...

I installed Crossfire mod and stated in the options that I want to skip the movies.

Now I start up the freelancer with the mod and the crossfire logo appears. Then Freelancer simply get's stuck again...

:(

• freelancer.ini - are the movies disabled?

Ah yes they werent. Well the new ones of Crossfire werent. So I disabled them and now its good again!

It won't affect multiplayer right?