Pirate Taxing

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Buddy.

• Hello! The rule is simple, pay the tax or die.

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• If a pirate as you to pay tax:

- pay the demanded ammount
    - try to negotiate
    - immediately start firing at the pirate (hoping you get the advantage of surprise on your end)
    - start running as fast as possible (hoping the pirate is too lazy to chase you)
    - call a available mercenary (effectivly in private) to get support to get rid of the pirate (keep in mind that you might also have to pay that mercenary for doing his job)
    - call a cop for help (since it is their job to help citizens which are in trouble)

an honorable pirate (there are a few of them around) will stop trying to tax you (for a certain time) once you killed him
    if you refuse to pay, the pirate may keep attacking you until you pay (whith this "delay-strategy" you would ofc increase the time span for a (eventually called-in) mercenary to arrive in order to support you)

if no cop is comming to help you (of, if you are in X and the only cop available is in Weth, it would not make much sense to call him) put those cops (which could have helped you, but didn't) on your personal black list and get revenge on them later (mercenaries are always happy to get a nice job offered)

• So I can fight,not pay the tax and the pirate dies...yes?
    Vardek

yes.

if you get taxed you can answer with running away (NOT using F1 or docking and logging off) you can fight the pirate (and hope you are better than him) or you can pay (and maybe get revenge in different ways later)

• You can fight, not pay tax and .....die. :P

If you have a valuable load on board and if the tax is low, a good strategy is to pay.
    Otherwise in case of fight and of death the loss would be more important.

In summary the behavior to be held depend on the situation at the time of the tax (cargo, possibility of escape, balance of power...)

For my part I have never blamed a player for defending itself to protect his properties, on the condition of respecting rules of the game (no reload, not use 'F1 in space',...)

Good luck and cya in space...

'Fluctuat nec mergitur'

• Greetings Private Hexplore

Hexplore wrote:
    For my part I have never blamed a player for defending itself to protect his properties, on the condition of respecting rules of the game (no reload, not use 'F1 in space',...)

PvP rules:
    NEW: Reloading (the use of nanobots and/or shield batteries) during a Player vs. Player fight is not forbidden. However, it is advised not to do it since it just drags out the fights but very likely doesn’t change anything about the outcome.

But then, this may cause issues between players. Shouldn't it be "No reload or reload " . I would suggest to reload for a couple of reasons;

1- A fight that last a couple a second is kind of boring and give the upper hand to the one that either shoot first and/or have the best guns. There is no skills needed in that. Long fight can make a difference if the fighter as a chance to use his skills.

2- Batts and botts are part of the equipment you have on a ship, makes sense in RP to use it.

~ Private Buddy

• Well, I've met many people who don't care is it recomended or not, they just were reloading because "it is advised no to do", but it is NOT forbidden.

So rules should change to "it is forbidden to use bots/bats in any fight with player" or "it is allowed to use bots/bats in any fight with player";

or it can be allowed for players who are not on VHF.

For all time Im playng CF I never saw players who were fined for reloading in PvP.

Anyway, it does not look very fair when one player uses them and another do not because he completely don't like regening.

• PLEASE

DO NOT rip off single sentences out of the whole paragraphs.
    The complete section tells the following:

You are not allowed to reload (use nanobots and/or shield batteries) during PvP fights. The exception to this is when a Train is being attacked by fighter or capital ship when it is begrudgingly permitted. NEW: Reloading (the use of nanobots and/or shield batteries) during a Player vs. Player fight is not forbidden. However, it is advised not to do it since it just drags out the fights but very likely doesn’t change anything about the outcome.

crossfire.swat-portal.com

Yes, its not allowed (therefor forbidden) at one point and at the next sentence it tells its not forbidden.
    However. Fighters having PvP are NOT recommended (not allowed) to use reloads during the fight.
    If transports getting attacked, ofc you as pilot of the transport, can try to evade (run) or survive the attack using reloads, until help arrives.

The issue that both (not allowed and not forbidden) statements are made in the rules, has already been adressed. And it will be taken care of.
    Do NOT start a new discussion about reloading during PvP.

Simply handle it Freighters use reloads (cause of their "lower" option to defend themself, without help)
    Fighters do NOT use reloads.

• note:
    if you pay the tax, the pirate cannot request another tax for 2 hours.

Also, all pirates will say you can "pay the tax or die", but it can become "pay or live" if you
    manage to kill them ;)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• The job of the pirate is to not kill you for money. ;)

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• note:
    if you pay the tax, the pirate cannot request another tax for 2 hours.

Also, all pirates will say you can "pay the tax or die", but it can become "pay or live" if you
    manage to kill them ;)

Lol I'm pretty sure the "if you manage kill them" part depends on the pirate, pirates, like me, do not have the ability to enter the PvP fight and come out with a good result. Now that I think about it, I might be the only pirate this way :P

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• just for the pirates sake, do we really need to care about whom we kill, when we kill and how and especially its not the other ones business to care about the money they need to pay us for their lives. If there is a problem with the damn pirates - leave a message for the police. They feel bored all the time because no one notifies them... Leave the mercs out for the start - they can be attracted if cops or pirates or victims need further help...

signature.png

• Looks like you've seen many options^^

TBH....the reloading stuff probably just angers the pirate and you will find more troubles in the future than if you tried to fight and lost then paid, or if you won and run. In the end you have options....my only advise, just remember that you are not the only one playing the game and try and have fun while letting others have fun as well. Good voyages pilot, I'll look for you in space.....muahahahaha

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

AbrasDevil wrote:

PLEASE

DO NOT rip off single sentences out of the whole paragraphs.
    The complete section tells the following:

My bad and no intention to missled people on this one.

You are not allowed to reload (use nanobots and/or shield batteries) during PvP fights. The exception to this is when a Train is being attacked by fighter or capital ship when it is begrudgingly permitted. NEW: Reloading (the use of nanobots and/or shield batteries) during a Player vs. Player fight is not forbidden. However, it is advised not to do it since it just drags out the fights but very likely doesn’t change anything about the outcome.

When I saw "New:", I thought it meant for both situation.

Sorry again

"Take position Private Buddy! give me 50 push up, next time don't say anything if you can't read properly"

"Yes Sir!"