Problems with strike carrier? Read this.

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hexplore.

• Im sure most of us who have played the 1.9 story missions have had game crashes after killing the strike carrier...

There are solutions to get past this problem, but I will tell you the easiest way.

After you are briefed by Orillion telling you that 2 squads of ships will come- the first sqaud taking care of the fighters and the second squad killing the carrier, Immediately make a save manually.

This was my save:

After you have done that, restart the game and load your save, not the autosave. It whould work then without a crash. Well, if it does crash just load the save again... It is sure to work fine.

Good luck.

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• I had no issues on it,but nice solution to make replaying it shorter than loading the last autosave :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• or your simply load the mission save

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ...and replay the entire last mission until arriving there, as many times it's needed to pass it ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• loading the last mission save works too, since the mission get saved AFTER you are done with it ;)
    So you dont really have to play the entire mission again.

At least it works for me this way quite perfect.

• yepp, I got what you meant.
    And its always a good way to save your actual "position" in the game, whenever you're able to dock, no matter where.
    At least I think its a good way to keep things running, without having to "replay" until you are at the same position again and again :)
    It's like the run to Weth once you entered the IC in MP. You dock as soon you reach Weth, because then your char is save there .. :D

• I think its a good way to keep things running, without having to "replay" until you are at the same position again and again

That's it, correct ^^

• Just to let you know that I have tried everything and still the game crash even after receiving the message " Well done " after the mission is completed.

This is the error message I get:

Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:...ram files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe

abnormal program termination.

"Anyway, we will go after that Strike Carrier until we get the job done, They will not pass on my watch. Wish us luck!"

* Osiris's hangar doors opening"

• Same error message for me.

And no more infos in Windows event log.

Trying to use a save make in Orisis before fighting three times and same error.

ps: if someone can give me a save AFTER carrier mission...

'Fluctuat nec mergitur'

• fixing that error will take some time
    the autosaves at that point are totally messed up

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Buddy gooood humor.

Over 30 attempts - read all thread for that problem.

Grrr I'm going to buy a battleship and destroy the carrier for 25 seconds.

• *Incoming mesage*

"Mission is a success and we are moving on, that Strike Carrier was a major pain, took us easily over 30 attemps"

"Thank you Sergeant Husker, only following orders"

*Salute and make a run for his ship to continue the mission*

• Currently trying over and over at this point as well, getting the runtime error.
    Going to try with a manual save.

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Mission Done !

I used save named: Mission 19: Crossfire Chapter 2 - Liberation and its works at first time ! :thumbsup:

I do not know if it is an effect of the fate but in any case it worked for me. :P
    (For the record: all the manual saves made after that used with success and 'Autosave' did not work for me.)

Good luck Lady Faaby and all others guys blocked in this mission.

'Fluctuat nec mergitur'

• i still require a mission save to analyze the problem

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,