Crossfire 1.9 troubles reports

There are 371 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• luka

I still don't see any mention by you that you have deleted any of the saved games information ....

The ONLY time it has crashed for me personally, is when I have not deleted the saved games from a previous version, or from another mod.

There are MANY places on this forum that describes in detail how to delete the saved games ...

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• I can't find any saved games, as i think, i deleted tham all when uninstalling.

If i am correct you guys told me to serch of them at My documents/Mygames/Freelancer/accts And delete the accts File or rename it.

I didn't find accts file.

I eventualy did find an Accts file in a freelancer map (other user on the PC, that was suposed to be delited). But that file was there when i was instaling 1.82 and i played 1.82 normaly. I deleted Accts at user2 anyway. There is still a map called Freelancer that is now empty.

I will now try to install with less effects...

Please keep posting posibilities... i will try to install Fl on brothers computer tomorow, and see if the download is corrupted, or sth is wrong with the game.

• I don't know if it will help....but after I uninstall games like this...I then run CCleaner and restart system before even trying to load new game. I never seem to have issues by doing this

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• It is kind of odd, as i only today noticed that there is still some stuff from user, that I tought was deleted...

Anyway, i deleted that Accts file in User2

But there are still some stuff... in C:\Documents and Settings\Luka2\Local Settings\Application Data\Freelancer I have a document FLSpew.txt (looks like some kind of list)

I now tryed to activate CF with lowest possible settings (including old grafic cards). It still doesen't work... and im kind of happy xD

Where else should i be serching for old save files??? What names should i type in windows serch?

Edited once, last by luka ().

• Wern system
    OP duno what u did in that crystal field but i can tell ya wona trow my PC of the window is annoying to extreme .
    Now maby when i did it 1 time i did it to fast but now i try go slowly to explorer a bit game crush a loth ( talking bout wern)
    I think maby have to do it with load outs . Can u check the loadouts of that system ?
    I try it 5 times end on 3 times game crush to the desktop. i think some NPC don't load properly

• Quick question on reporting

As far as the small things like missing icons or spelling errors...is it better if I just make a note on paper and then just send it later? I am guessing that the major items are far more imporatant and I don't mind keeping a notpad to track the minor things for later.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Ok I will try CCleaner.

While i do that, is there any more posibilityes why the game crashes on desktop, before menu appears?

Perhaps to old DirectX? Or other dirvers missing or not updated?

• the planet spin is due to ships crashing into them
    i cant prevent that in normal open game
    but probably will be able to disable it in that particular mission

yes its highly recommented loading the mission saves and not the autosaves

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Huor I tryed to acitvate the mod in LOWEST options possible (eaven the old graffic cards) It still doesent work. i don't think that was the problem, as all my hardware isn't that bad.

And yes, i activate in FLMM, by clicking activate mod... I didn't copy anything manually.

• Cro: try use mission save and play again that mission (not autosave)

Possible bug: low level Dragon fighters (New Tokyo) drops lieutenants pods.

• Maybe its not a trouble but guns hardpoints at Flathead look weird, at the left all guns level 10, at the right one slot 10 and 2 stots level 9.

One more problem is what i can dock on hostile planets / stations. Faction might be full bar red but still they let dock and repair ship, only equipment is not possible to buy.

And NPC not talk in game, no NPC scans or sounds when they jump or stay in queue. mod became silent.

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.

• hardpoints are correct

torp slots for bombers and battleships fixed
    repair ship fixed

the story crash in sol has been analyzed and tested
    I can not find an error there
    changing and even removing all the triggers has still caused problems (as reported)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Getting the problems with MP is most important, but wanted to send quick message.
    I know that your saying there isn't a prob with SP missions in Sol, However I when I land (or try to land) on the BS (I gather just before I kill the Strike Carrier in the Sol I am kicked out of the game.
    I would copy any message if I recieved any but I get nothing but the game minimizing and can't open it up.
    I have cleared any saved game parts and I re-start the game to find that I am in New London again.
    I will keep trying as I might get lucky and make it through. But wanted to report this.
    Other wise the planets aren't spining out of control and I kill all the nomads.
    Everything else is great. Thank you for creating an amazing Mod

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)