pirates what do i do

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AbrasDevil.

• hi guys i want to know what pirates can and cant do.
    can i ask if u can make pirate role play more fun in 1.9 as all i seem to do is trade bmg (and im told i cant even do that in 1.9) and tax and kill cops if i do say so its not really pirate sort of thing is like to steel things of othere ships and run for my life coz iv stole an item of a player and can a pirate kill anyone not just cops with out needing to say anything like a pirate should be doing id like a full pirate role play like in story books just be pure evil to eveyone but there own :) what do u guys think ?

In the darkness you could hear the crying of women,
    the wailing of infants
    and the shouting of men
    Some prayed for help,
    others wished for death
    But still more imagined that there were no Gods left...
    ...And that the universe was plunged into internal darkness

• the thing is, story book pirates aren't real pirates. Real pirates avoid conflict with the authorities when possible and strike with overwhelming force at week and rich prey.

The fun of playing a pirate come from the hunt of the trader. From cornering him in a secluded spot and making him pay taxes because it's the most economical outcome to the encounter for him. You have to be cunning and make them want to pay you. The pirate life is not an easy one, but it a good one.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• the pirates life is the best life ! , we have cookies but yea like myric says is not easy be 1 and u need to won ur respect

smgwerternugen.jpg
    Remind to follow rules and do RP every where
    Chars SMG_Werter` [GR] Werter
    When u lose u learn :-D

• I sent you in PM what I have from Marauder. Hope it help :)

• I have to add to Ravens post that pirates must not switch their ego or being schizophrenic to be a pirate. We are just like we are, brutal and nice at once. Brutal friendly and nice to watch in fights...
    AND the most important thing. Whereas others might own money and coffee and BMGs and whatnot. We pirates own wenches, care about parrots and keep the environment balanced.

If you would give me the choice - i would clearly vote for wenches - thus being pirate - the other stuff is just material things that if we concentrate can own easily too ;)

PS: Don't listen to the 2 guys before this post - they are no pirates and don't grasp the spirit of being one ;D

signature.png

• I think pirates don't really need to run around and kill whatever is moving.
    Piracy is sort of a job, where you will have to move the wealth from others into your own pocket, without getting caught by lawful factions ;)

Pirates and police are a neverending war-story. The police wants to get the wealth from others, in a lawlfull way, while the pirates do it just in the opposite way. Both are able to get supported by others, which keeps things certainly alive and interesting (if arranged properly)

Piracy gives you pretty much freedom to do whatever you please to. It only depends on the pirates themself, how they are going to use the given options for their own advantage :)

• +1 @ Huor, Myric and AD

:)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Not really one of my talents...but this helps explain pirate maybe

There once was a Pirate named Marauder

To some pilots he was cannon fodder

In search of booty he raomed

Hoping to make bounty his own

Trying to avoid a price on his head

Sometimes lightly he would tread

While some pilots would flee

He gladly gave chase and taxed a nice fee

After a hard flight for tax

Back in Deadalus he would relax......

And dream of riches unknown

To life,love and Rum......cya inspace pirate :)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• @ Rifty

It's totally up to you what you want to do as a pirate, as long you stay within the given regulations.
    There is NOTHING wrong with using your imagination to make the whole thing more funny, interesting or challeging.

@all
    I do interpret the Topic "Pirates, what can I do. " as a question clearly pointed to PIRATES. Not to police officers, not to mercenaries or freelancers.
    Therefor I think some smartass comments from non-pirates are not really helpful at all.

Cop's dont want to have others interfer in their business, nor do mercenaries want it, right?
    Why don't you simply give suggestions you might have, via PM and spare the thread with sensless comments?
    Is it really that hard to sit on your fingers, when there is not anything helpful comming out anyway?
    Keep practising to stay in the background please. And most of all, ACT the way you expect others to act, yourself first, to be an example!

my 2 cents as a pirate