Problem logging in

There are 25 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Does any body esle have troublle logging in to the game ???

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• yeah im having trouble all day

General Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 Central Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor User Name UserGraphics Video Adapter AMD Radeon R7 200 Series Video Memory 0 Byte Screen Resolution 1280 x 1024 demonsycthe!!!!

• Wouldn't it just be easier and less time consuming to post on here when the server is actually working?

That's not fair - server usually works with only occasional problems like this, not the other way around...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Wouldn't it just be easier and less time consuming to post on here when the server is actually working?

are you trying to be funny?

The server works properly in about 90% of the time. (nothing is perfect, so what?)
    People get problems, mostly caused by themself.
    Restart the game comepletely does NOT mean, leaving the current session and just reconnecting the server.
    Since there is a scheduled restart every day at 06:00 server time (GMT) some people just reconnect and wonder why they get kicked (for them the server has the problem, which is totally BS)
    If people do NOT let the client patch itself (getting the latest changes from the server BEFORE starting the game) then ofc, they will experience problems.
    If people have a bad connection to the server, because they are downloading something in the background while playing, or having tons of processes running while playing. It is NOT the servers fault.

Sometimes it can be that the ISP's (depending on where you are located) are having problems, which also has NOTHING to do with the server.
    It also can be, since the client is connecting the internet via ISP and the ISP is "forwarding" the clients connection to the next available connection node in their (clients) area, that there are some problems between those connection nodes of the area and the connection node where the server is connected to. Which also has nothing to do with the server itself, but the ISP.

Only because some people are not able to connect properly, does NOT mean that the server is having problems.

I personally play CF online since several years and I can count on 1 hand how many times I had connection problems.
    Most of the time it was related to the ISP having trouble.

• Yep, i can say too that the server is pretty stable all the the time. But this is the first time i see a connection problem persisting for more than 11 hours or so. Something must be wrong as not "some" but all players seem not to be able to establish connection with the server. Let's just hope for the best and see what will happen :)

• I have only been playing the mod for a couple weeks and the server has been down at least 70% of the time. This is no joke, I am not trying to be funny I am dead serious. Also the 30% it is up it always crashes. I love the mod but the server sucks......from my experiences so far. The main hours i play is after the server resets, last week it was up only once after the server reset (maybe twice)......and it's been the same so far this week. And it's not just me.

• You come at a bad time where the developers are testing new stuff.....

The server is around 95% up or more ....

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• exact number is 98% uptime
    it restarts 2 times a day (which takes less than 5 mins actually)

the only exception was a downtime last saturday when i reinitialized the server again and sunday when we did some tests with the new mod version
    global server statistics show that it is one of the most stable servers online

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• global server statistics? not sure what that is....my experience last few years tho....CF run almost always :thumbsup:

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• the only exception was a downtime last saturday when i reinitialized the server again and sunday when we did some tests with the new mod version

If that is the case then what about yesterday, the server may have been up but nobody could get on all day or night. I count that as downtime. If I am seeming to be a prick I am sorry I'm not trying to be........all I'm trying to say is in the last 10 days, after the server resets (midnight here), the server has been messed up one way or another 7 of those nights. It's usually fixed by morning though. The one night it was just most of the jump gates where locked and we could not go anywhere. I'm just trying to make you aware of some of the issues my friends and I have been facing, although I am sure you are already aware of them due to it being fixed by morning.

Maaaaaan, we are having a blast playing this mod and we just want to be able to waste more of our lives playing it. :D I understand there are tests being done and that shit happens..........I also understand this is a free game that you don't have to deal with, but thanx for dealing with it :thumbsup: you are the man.

• there is nothing i can fix as there is nothing wrong

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Logging in is great now thank you. :thumbsup::thumbup::)8).:D

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• @Remy the issues with the "gates" was fixed days ago now(and wasn't most but few), as it appeared when OP did those tests , of course noone can fix it if you don't report/tell it(as sometimes certainb bugs may only appear to you and noone else see it to report it), it's like you see you can't undock your ship from a station and you wait a week before posting that your char has an issue.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• okay i tried being nice....the server does have issues and its not just the gates and it was more than just a few gates......so whatever discovery mod does not have these issues those servers are always up and running......and when i log on to address the issue people have already reported it so i didnt see a need to add more. So once again whatever enjoy your community with only 40 people on it.......One last thing does anyone wonder why the highest downloaded mod for freelancer has the least amount of people on it?!?!? K peace out!