Worst threat to human kind: Lagg, Bugs and mini particles that make my transporter filp

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Zaferium.

• I have few question regarding the 1.82 version of Crossfire in MP:

- Why in the name of God am I lagging this much?(even when my ping is around 40 - 60)
    - Why can I dock at stations at some time and at another time my ship just keeps crashing into the station in video mode(docking)?
    - Why are little asteroids making my transporter flip like crazy?
    - Why do enemy ships behave like quantum particles? (appearing and disappearing in space)
    - Why is the game slowing down at some points in space?(My Rig is quiet intensive, Intel i7 CPU Hexagon, 3.4 GHZ each, Ati Radeon 5800 HD 2GB Ram videocard, 16 GB Ram, 64bit, and about 3 Terrabyte harddisk space, with one being a 10'000 RPM one, I doubt it's because of that)

I do love the extend of the Mod, but these things ruin it really everytime I play it. Especially the NPC issue drove me crazy in the beginning. Because it's one thing the recharge with Nanobots and Shieldbatteries(I actually love this, it's more realistic this way) and another that they don't move in the same time-space as I do. Another thing is the Asteroids issue, I once had to make 10x360° roations to just jump to another systems,because of water particles.

I was wondering if these issues are beeing adressed for 1.9 or if it is just an issue of wrong settings on my pc.

thx

• RoooFL

• Hello Zaferium,

welcome here and in CF multiplayer. Can I ask what your ping show in game (/ping) ... if there is "60 0 0 " then problem you described is in your PC (some program running in background, antivirus, firewall download?, etc.) If you have ping like this 60 10 20 then is problem with your connection and you lose packets = you see jumping NPCs and such bad things.

Docking at stations: train usual dock slow (feature). In CF you can dock at much more stations as in vanilla FL and sometimes is possible that you can have probs if you start docking from "bad" side.
    Asteroids: it FL engine limitation. You need live with this. Yes it is pain, but with some experience you can move train or battleship even trough systems as Omega5 where is really much asteroids.
    Jumping ships ... see above
    Slowing game: .. weird, your PC is ways better as mine and I play on full details max in-game resolution more hours. So I see as high possible that something running in background not like CF and create conflicts. ... what system you use? (W7 64 bit? .. I have this also and no problem)

and one more thing: when instal: what you set for advanced shaders? (if you set last settings (the best) ..it can do problems.

• Do not become a pilot through the night. Lots of experience here and will be autopilot is always stupid.

PS

Train pilot.

• Well I gathered some data

PING LOSS FLUCT
    51 0 2
    54 0 2
    50 0 3
    56 0 2
    53 0 4
    50 0 2

dunno what's that supposed to mean, the only programms I have running in the background are Avira Antivirus,Adobe Bridge, Daemon Tools. When I'm speaking of a slow down I mean more a sort of wiggle all around where I look , especially at areas with lots of graphical elements.

The System is Win 7 64bit.

Checked today the issue with the train again, still there and right now, I can only go from Planet to Planet with the Scouser from Earth. It's not that I'm getting a denial, I'm getting to the very part, where the cinematic sequence starts when docking in generall. It's just that in that mode, it keeps ramming the station instead of changing to the "inside" view. It's not like I only tried once, I tried it about for an hour, and at various other stations, too. Same result.

The asteroid problem isn't that bothering, even though it sucks hard sometimes. i wonder if it isn't possible to just remove asteroids around jumpgates? Rather than finding a solution, just avoiding it. I'm not sure if it is only a FL engine problem for that matter too, because I know of other players playing Discovery FL who don't have such problems with trains.(so they claim at least).

I think i may have activated that shader you were talking about during installation, if it were only causing graphical slow downs, I can live with it, but if you say it also affects data transmission, thus causing lagg, I may reinstall it without that option.

• Your ping looks good enough. I had serious play/graphics problems when I had activated the highest shader option and after reinstall (use lowest or +1up setting ..sry not remember exactly) was all OK. But maybe you can try first disable AV and do short test how it will look in game. Here is more win7 64bit users and they play game also without problems. ... There is also possibility switch-off some shader effect (wait little I try search).

Look here, here

ahh finally found what I search: here. Hope it help, enjoy playing :)

• adapt m8...just adapt...Perfect server does not exist.

• Ati Radeon 5800 HD 2GB Ram

That might be your problem.......

I had the same experience as you, then i went and purchased myself as GTX 460 nvidea, and all my problems disappeared.

A quick test .. get the FRAPS program ( there is a free version) and look ingame what the fraps count is. If it's not at least 60, then you have a graphics card problem. http://www.fraps.com

Also look that you have the latest drives from the manufacturers, and not from microsoft.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Well I deactivated the shader effects now and in regard to performance its ok. Also I don't get as much lagg report as before, so lets say thats a win, too, but couldn't really check this one out, so not sure. But the docking issue stays. I think its the scouser, I'm gonna change to an APC.

• If you see me in game give me a shout. I'll see what I can do to help.

• Yes when you activate the mod you get warned that Shaders are buggy and may conflict your PC out...
    By selecting options smartly, this mod works even on 256 MB ram 128 MB Graphic Card PC, which was my old table PC.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ah cmon

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!