Light Fighters

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Riebens.

• Bumping up an old thread that seemed interesting to me about Light Fighters in CF.

1.7 - New life for Light Fighters?

I was thinking it could be very interesting to make/update some light fighters, maybe with only 2 guns max, but
    able to mount weapons with higher lvls (up to 10 maybe?).

I am just curious to imagine what would give in fights a starflier with 1 war'sy or coalition gatling mounted :D

This could bring diversity to current used ships (which are mainly "agile" VHFs)

Maybe there exists some already that fits this though? (Haven't found myself yet though)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• As current pilot of Light fighter with big guns.....I can tell you the balance was made such that these ships fly like eagle or worse.......maybe this changes someday? This is why 95% people all fly the same ship for pvp.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• If Im not mistaken the Drizzt can mount only 3 class10 weapons. and is a light fighter.

I've seen a light fighter already being able to mount just 2 or 3 class 10 weapons (well 2 or 3 guns in general) and it was also available in sirius. but dont ask me where

• If Im not mistaken the Drizzt can mount only 3 class10 weapons. and is a light fighter. <br>
    I've seen a light fighter already being able to mount just 2 or 3 class 10 weapons (well 2 or 3 guns in general) and it was also available in sirius. but dont ask me where<br>

Remains to find out if the gained agility would compensate the very low hull armor... If it is able to evade gun fire/missiles efficiently then maybe?

-- -- Visit Us!

• @OP
    please make the nomad prototype dropping somewhere (but not too easy please) - would be perfect for light fighter gunners and no need to change any ships then.

Click the image above to visit us.

• there is at least one new light fighter in CF1.9 (already included)
    more i cant say atm

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ohhh nice! 8)

I like secrets!

-- -- Visit Us!

• Ive been haveing lots of fun flying the tiger for a few weeks now... I keep thinking I should trade it in but can't bring myself to do it its such a blast ... Properly equipted it can handle most things as long a you remember to keep the shield up ... with 1700 armour it fizzles pretty quickly once it goes. Having said that it I use itsucessfully amd easily to collect pods agains top level outcasts during missions. The low armours would make it suck for PvP but tiger against tiger would be real fun ( or tiger against drizzet or devil ray for that matter )
    hmmm .... light fighter round robin anyone?

• This thread inspired me to try the hermes out as well now, it has the same loadout as the tiger but is almost, but not quite, a totally different shape.
    On a related topic ... why are most the really cool light fighters placed in stations that are so far from where someone new to crossfire is likely to try them?
    Ships like the Goshawk and quicksilver look great and would have people drooling if the were purchasable in california or colarado but if you have made it to altir space your unlikely to trade down from a heavy fighter and the DK or C Rogues would make short work of you anyway. On the other hand if your new they would be just the thing for liberty space and surrounds and would be a great advertisment for crossfire. I know the shade is available and its a good light fighter but at 4 M too pricey for people who are still trying to firgure out what all these 1 credit pods filling up their holds are good for.

• I know the shade is available and its a good light fighter but at 4 M too pricey for people who are still trying to firgure out what all these 1 credit pods filling up their holds are good for.

On the other hand, as soon as they figure out, you can find the ship not too far off a certain prison ^^

-- -- Visit Us!

• Bullpup Mk1 is a Heavy Fighter, but it flies exactly the same way as starflier (120 speed!), has over 9000 armour and 5x lvl 8 slots + CD/T. With some practice and a set of 2xNeutraliser/3xLancer or 3x Sunstalker + Sunslayer Torp it's quite easy to evade even Persephone's gunfire, get on it's ass and pack missiles and a torp into it. It's lethal against all slower turning VHFs, as Dino failed to kill me with an Eagle. Sadly, it won't work with guns, as you can't risk going head on.

OP, please leave Bullpup Mk1 the way it is (or give it 2x9 slots for overkill) and make all vhfs really slower turning like you said before and it will be the king of interceptors.

• You really took my mirage apart with that bullpup of yours last night ..

That thing dances ...

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460