Big Race

There are 313 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by |TSH| ***Tribbs***.

• By looking at my first post on the topic, 16 systems.

At least the drifting effect isn't as bad as the beggining , so "linear" :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Notice the "without counting checkpoint systems" part ;) You said(posted) the short route but decided to take the secondary one.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Partially my fault, I should have repeated that part as well instead of pointing at another post.

Seems you made nice plans for the event :)

• Big Race, 09.12.2011 Friday - 21:00 Server Time (type /time)

Start point: New York, planet Manhattan

Check points : New London, Hokkaido, New Berlin, Omicron Gamma,Tau-37

Finish: New York, planet Manhattan

Check points are not fixed and all system open (choose your route), no killing, obligatory reach all check points or follows disqualification, to first win in the race all ship are allowed -- for former winners no LF-HF --, allowed nano and bats.

Prizes:
    First place 35 mil
    Second place 22,5 mil
    Third place 12,5 mil
    Participating 7,5 mil
    and medal for winer.

Race start in: 21:00:00

Discussion:
    1. I'm thinking to introduce obligatory docking at first or fix station in check point system. Good or Bad?
    2. Also thinking to hire some players to kill racers and block certain region (eg border worlds or hispania etc) Good or Bad?
    3. If you have any ideas feel free to bring here.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

edit:
    bump

Edited 4 times, last by Husker ().

• forcing a dock at a base or planet could be alright, or at least coming close to it.

Killing during a race might drive players away from wanting to race.

suggestion:

force everyone to use a LF

For these reasons:
    to be a contender in all pvp events you NEED a VHF (aside from smuggler hunt, where you can out move a player in a VHF with a LF).
    and there has been no restriction to who can have which fighter. some players clearly have an edge in the ship they choose.

As i clearly had an edge in my LF for racing, I did the research to see what ship could be the fastest, with the best equip i could put on it.
    (who would think to race a LF through the inner core?)

A LF can be fully outfitted with equipment for a portion of the cost it does a VHF.

Light fighters are easy to do dock quickly.

This could bring in more players that don't have the cash to buy a 10 mil ship.

final reason, they are faster. and gives the Light Fighters a purpose in the game. otherwise why have them?

:D

• Killing during a race might drive players away from wanting to race.

True.

Rule:

to first win in the race all ship are allowed -- for former winners no LF-HF --

I talked about it with Forlon ... now is restriction only for the former winners.
    Why? To give newer players a chance to win a race also chance for older players to kick ass racing aces like u, Cro, Forlon etc
    (older players: me, Hero, Hex, Poorboy, Rex, Centaurian,Bond,DW,Abras, Mike :P ...)
    Also it can be seen as an additional challenge.

Ty for answer p0x.

• RESULTS:

Race start in: 21:17:00
    Start point: New York, planet Manhattan
    Check points : New London, Hokkaido, New Berlin, Omicron Gamma,Tau-37
    Finish: New York, planet Manhattan

• First place------------Ryo_Mormegil...............35 mil +5 mil and Racer medals..........22:07:46
    • Second place---------BG_p0x......................22,5 mil....................................22:10:01
    • Third place----------GORT.........................12,5 mil....................................22:16:23
    • Fourth place--------BG_Fero.......................7,5 mil.....................................22:22:22
    • Fifth place----------SMG_Ice.......................7,5 mil.....................................CtD
    • Sixth place-----------3 MAJ_Zulu...................7,5 mil.....................................first time in race.
    • --------------DSC_Cro.............................0.....................................gave up
    • --------------Sten-3................................0....................................gave up

Congratulations racers. Mormegil aka Black Sword excellent 50 min and 46 sec.
    Cya next time m8s.

• Thx for doing this race, it was really great and lots of fun.
    About your suggestions before:

-> Docking in every Checkpoint System - YES, but i'd say it does not matter on which station you dock, because it it would be fix there were many routes which would not really be good any more because you would have to fly great distances in open space. That would destroy much of the variability in finding different and effective routes. One dock would be good, because that way you would be able to wash the drifting effect after clouds (which sticks to your ship after leaving the cloud-.- [can that be fixed? o.O ]) without fearing that you loose lots of time.

-> PvP in race event: NO, because it would drive off newer players and furthermore there are many pvp events already. I think the race event, which lives from the fun of finding god routes and doing quick docks and so on without being able to harm your opponents (except killing TLs), should basically stay as it is.

-> Only using LF for Race event: Not sure. It could be good, but also bad. Newer players first buy a strong ship (VHF) and until they buy a LF for an event they will do other things and save the money for equip (CGs, Shield Upgrade, etc)

So far from my side ;)

P.S: P0x already changed your signature?^^

• BIG RACE
    RESULTS

Check points are not fixed and all system open (choose your route), no killing,
    obligatory reach all check points or follows disqualification,
    to first win in the race all ship are allowed, for former winners no LF-HF
    -- allowed nano and bats --

Race start in: 21:29:00

Start point: Custodian, Planet Granu

Check points : Sigma-13, Bering, New Tokyo, Sea of Shadows, Tau-31 (obligatory dock on Planet Haris)

Finish: Utopia, Triangulum City dock 3

Route chosen by: BG_p0x and Ryo_Mormegil

• First place------BG_p0x aka.Usain Bolt on CF..................35 mil + 5 mil and Racer medals.............22:28:43
    • Second place---{-Ryo-}Mormegil aka.Black thunderbolt..........22,5 mil......................................22:33:48
    • Third place-----SA_Forlon...(best racer among SWAT mods)...12,5 mil......................................22:38:15
    • Fourth place---mr.Tribbles.........................................7,5 mil+7,5 M donated by mr.RAW.......22:42:12
    • Fifth place-----Fallen_PoorBoy...(old school)......................7,5 mil......................................22:44:10
    • Sixth place-----CoP_Bond......aka. no green msg................7,5 mil......................................22:52:40
    • Seventh place--3 MAJ-Sparcatus....................................7,5 mil.....................................22:53:30
    • Eighth place---Hellraiser.....aka Hellm8 and JH explorer.........7,5 mil.....................................23:17:04
    • Ninth place----MBC-X-STORE-DEPO..aka RAW DARK AGE X and server killer .....donated prize to mr.Tribbles...all ChP and left due RL problems.

And + 5 million if you're faster than last winner - this is valid only if last winner finish the race.

Good luck and have fun.
    Ty to all for participating.

Edited 5 times, last by Husker ().

• Please update rules with TL disrupting ... I cannot find it here and in space is easily miss this very important info. (guess how I know this ;) )

• Distrupt TL has always been allowed (I only forbiden dsitrupt TL in start system)...
    so far I have received two complaints about this -- Forlon and 3MAJ dude...np to put that rule to avoid flame in race.

I think it is good to keep thatpossibility in race (distrupt TL)... LF with few mines kick ass to experienced racer (give edge for new racers).

Small info without fee:

1. Speed dock on TL is possible.
    2. Speed dock on normal JG is possible.
    3. Speed dock on alien JG (or HG) trikcky but possible.
    4. Seeed dock on planet is possible.

PS

Now in every Big Race i ask players for that and we vote: Distrupt or Not.

Cya in Sace.

• Now in every Big Race i ask players for that and we vote: Distrupt or Not.

thx

Both ways can work, as you can use your guns to disrupt them before the known tricky guys, right ?

• Yup... scenario: Player X in lead 3,5k Player Y use form and both same dock in JG. In new system Player X lead only 400M and f3 on first TL (aslo drop mine) hehhehehe but Player Y shoot in TL (distance 1k) and use cruise engine to second TL. In worst scenario Player X mine drop on NPC char due TL is distrupt before and NPC CDs him.

For me that is racers skill etc.