I am starting to get upset

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• Well after many hours of installing everything, I fix what I thought was my problem with res, and now it won't even play single player on top of that, everytime I try and connect to the server it gives me a server crash, I checked everything via firewalls restarted pc, routers, the whole 9 yards. I did the MSINET.OCX thing and still no solution help me now before I just give up on this.

Dragon wing, Dragon Corps rank Lieutenant Colonel, CSF, DC chars: DC_John_Donow[T], (DC)_John_Donow(Lt.Col), DC_JD, DC_[Lt. Col]_Donow

• OffTopic
    Guess the word "please" is rarely used in the USAF^^ You are following commands - i am sure but the rest of the world works different^^

When you fixed something you thought that was the problem and afterwards it is not working anymore then you fixed something that didnt had to be fixed. Can you make it reverse? Crossfire's max resoultion is 1600x1200. More is not possible. It might eventually be a problem of your graphic card. So you select the server and the game crashes as soon you do so - or is there anything you see further than this (like the planet you are docked). Do you get an error message after you got thrown back to the desktop?

Probably old savegames eventually? Try to remove them (renaming the folder is doing the trick as well).

signature.png

• Actually I had no saved games, because I just installed FL, I get the sudden connect and I undocked in NY. As soon as I log on it kicks me from the server, wait a few mins and they try it again does the samething I wish I knew what to do.

Dragon wing, Dragon Corps rank Lieutenant Colonel, CSF, DC chars: DC_John_Donow[T], (DC)_John_Donow(Lt.Col), DC_JD, DC_[Lt. Col]_Donow

• have you made a fully new char or have you used one of your IDs? Just could imagine that your char eventually got corrupted. You say as soon as you launch from the planet. As far i understood: You did once undocked from planet manhatten and then the game crashed, now if you log in again it crashes as soon the "Loading Crossfire Data" disappears(?) What have you changed before? I still think it could be graphic related - you could try to reset your resolutuion of the game back to 1024 x 768...

signature.png

• I changed my compatibility mode to play as windows xp service pack 3. I have shut off both hardware and software firewalls, I have downloaded the VB 6 Runtime files, I have done the MSINET.OCX thing, I have deactivated the advanced Shader, I have done Several fresh installs of both Xfire, Freelancer, and FLMM 1.3, I don't know anymore maybe I just won't be able to play the game :(.

• Are you using win7 or Vista? I still assume it might be a graphic driver problem. Sorry for being not able to deliver more reliable answers.
    If your OS crashes and your PC starts again you eventually can find information about that system crash in your event report from windows. And you could try to find more information about the error codes reported there.

I assuem you have not a low end PC - so using the 128MB graphic mode in FLMM for Crossfire should not be a solution for you?

signature.png

• My PC is as Following and my OS doesn't crash I am running windows 7. I have a HDMI NVIDA 9500 GT 2 GB DDR 3 Video Card, I have 8 GB of DDR 3 memory, I have a 3 TB Hard Drive, I am running Via Ethernet Cable. I have everything in the PC brand new. I also have a AMD Phenom II AM3 Six Core CPU. Liquid Cooling. I have a $2,000 pc.

• hehe, okay okay - that should be enough ;)

So just the game crahes. So you are back to desktop after this "crash", right? I am clueless right now. Eventually a missing dll or a dll in a wrong version... Did you update your graphics driver?
    Six Core CPU - hm as far as i know the game always had problems with dual cores upwards - so eventually lowering the usage of one core only for freelancer?

I am just guessing as you eventually already have figured out. Trying to give you eventually some triggers that you could check...

MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS FOLLOWING THIS THREAD MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA???

signature.png

• I would really just like to play, and its not a missing dll, or anything since I have downloaded the 1.82 1.5GB mod 6 times for the website as well as the FLMM, and I have reinstalled Freelancer 6 times now.

• You aren't being specific enough about your problem. Does your game crash to desktop once you enter the server and undock? In which case it's a problem with the mod. I suspect you've extracted it wrongly in this case. In FLMM is the mod called simply ''Crossfire'' or does it say ''CrossFire Mod 1.82 Client Edition''? The second means your mod is installed correctly, the first means it's been extracted wrongly but is an easy fix. Deactivate the mod in FLMM then go to the mods folder in FLMM's directory, then Crossfire, then mods, then copy and paste the ''Crossfire1.82'' back into your FLMM mods directory.

So before the mods path would've been ''C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire\mods\Crossfire1.82''
    Now the path should be shorter: ''C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.82''
    Delete the old Crossfire folder and apply CrossFire 1.82 Client Edition in your FLMM and it should work.

If what happens is you enter the server and the server then drops you, giving you a ''This operation is taking longer than expected please wait'' or something similar message, before taking you back to the server list then this is a problem I have but haven't been able to fix. Fortunately for me it works sometimes and I can often log in with a bit of persistence, but if you can't get in at all then I can't really help you. Hopefully a dev will post a fix for you.

• John, you probably have something simple wrong, because Freelancer runs well on a wide variety of hardware. However, in order to help you, you have to give us more information. And it is important that you try the things that we suggest.

So please try to give us as much of the following information as you can:

- Have you tried deleting (or renaming) your saved games folder? (on Win7 I think it is Docs\My Games\Freelancer).

- Have you tried creating a new character?

- Have you tried setting Feelancer's processor Affinity to a single cpu?
    How to Set Processor Affinity on Windows 7

- Please describe what you mean about being booted. Describe exactly what happens, and what steps it takes to reproduce the error.

- Are there any error messages? If so, then please take a screen shot and post it.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Ok so I play on the server for like 20 mins, leave the system get to x, and then I crash back to server list, whats up with this why can't I keep a connection?

• Ok so I play on the server for like 20 mins, leave the system get to x, and then I crash back to server list, whats up with this why can't I keep a connection?

Have you actually tried any of the fixes we've suggested?

• I have done any and everything you guys have suggested, the thing that seems to be working better now is the thing where I turned off 3d sound.

• Yes it is and was told everywhere to disable 3D sound always... especialyl for big ships while docking holes/gates which was a dangerous crash.

Anyways your issue is a bit... special....

seems I also had simple CTD today, as well as 2 other ASF players (not sure about CSF ones) once mainly while docking, right after the black screen when the next one is getting loaded.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• seems I also had simple CTD today, as well as 2 other ASF players (not sure about CSF ones) once mainly while docking, right after the black screen when the next one is getting loaded.

I crashed twice to desktop during ASF/CSF, right when clicking on "respawn" button after dying... never happened to me before.
    I had very bad ping at that moment though, so maybe it is related...

[edit: a 3rd time it worked, though the message "please wait, this operation is taking longer than expected, use ESC to cancel" showed up
    for a few seconds]

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

Edited once, last by Faaby ().

• Same here Faaby, CTD right after clicking on "respawn"