Moddb - Mod of the Year 2010

There are 64 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Just noticed that votes are open and there is no thread here. So i will be the first probably reminding you ppl to vote xP
    -->http://www.moddb.com/mods/crossfire ;]

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• voted! :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Voted!

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• im pissed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah - because they start 1 1/2 months earlier
    Nothing is prepared, no CF1.9 in sight, no time to do ads or any other promotion.... i am pissed.
    This is the 2nd year now that they run the awards earlier. Last year they started mid december, before i could finish CF1.8 or release any info about it and this year its happening again.
    I was going to start the CF1.9 stuff in 2 weeks but then its too late.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Probably - so lets concentrate on CF1.82. Its relative new as well and still has a lot to offer and promote. We could give hints on CF1.9 if the development is about to start very soon.
    I was afraid that MOTY did start so early as well - but still think we could reach a good position - like usual ;D

Nevertheless we need to do something for it

signature.png

• Yeah, I don't remember any from the previous MOTYs did start before the new year.

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• Btw, please ppl use the "Help It to Win" buttons if you have especially facebook acc.

• yeah we definitely need to do something
    this year we cant expect that others vote for us and this year FL is not one of the top games like in 2009
    we need every vote we can get

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Not that i have any ideas, but advertising about what's happening in the server is not something that is interesting for this competition. I mean this is about the mod itself.
    If we talk about advertising, well the active communities that knows about CF are moddb and swat-portal. My opinion is if you want to advertise something it should expand and appear on other places starting of course with the most popular. I don't know good stategies though on how to do it effectively, sorry ;[.

Edited once, last by hipogriff ().

• I could start pushing real hard on my promo video i wanted to make last month that i dropped due to lack of time and other projects.. perhaps i can take few days in a row to complete it.... No guarantees but i'll try my best for CF !!!

I already have almost all i need but the problem is that my capture is often laggy and it would not be the best ad for CF... (o.O laggy game ! don wanna play dat !!! <- we need to avoid this !)
    I invite everyone who made videos to send me full-res scenes that i could include in this "Beauty and action all around" video... Web hosting, ftp, torrents, anything !

Synopsis :
    Following the already chosen music cause that's wheer i got my inspiration,
    SWAT and CF Logos appears then fade to SA_Discovery in black/white with blue overlay effect with location and time display at bottom "Freeport 7 System, 0207 HOURS".
    Music rhythm changes and we see nomads closing behind, the Disco turns around, shoots, nomads explode.
    New music variation and we are inside an Osiris Bridge in full color seeing uncommon space objects (weird textured planets, nebulas, high-res starmaps by OP)
    --Here i would need few more inside-cockpit shots with beautiful space to display...--
    --Then the music changes to a more "active"/rocking sound, I need Pirates taxing, Police arrests, mercenaries killing, trains trading etc...--
    --Then some drama in the music i'd need some epiness, slow motion frames where we see ppl explodes, massive alien fleets/sattions threatening manking...--
    -- Then the music turns epic/patriotic. I need huge players groups, i though of something like : A ship is in the frame then a second closes and enters formation, then a third, then five, ten, twenty ! The whole groups then engage massive alien NPC forces--
    -- Music turns back to the action beat : more fights but this time i'd prefer fighting in IC and lost paradise (to show it a bit our galaxy neighbors ^^)
    -- Then i'd finish with a nice catchy phrase (Come explore CF or something..) and the swat logo and web address on the music abrupt end.

Yeah i only did up to 30 secs into the vid and the music lasts for 2:35, so will the video. Short enough to be seen by ppl always in hurry but long enoug hto display interesting stuff !

PM me if you're interested !!!

We still have 15 days left before the top100 voting starts.

im not 100% sure how to understand that statement but.... the voting is over in 15 days
    right now from all the mods at moddb the best 100 are choosen... that takes 2 weeks
    after that the finals start... and our goal should be to reach the top100... our goal is to get nominated in the next 2 weeks and reach phase 2 of the voting
    Thats is hard enough.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Been discussing with the Moddb Admin:

I totally agree, so from now on the awards will be launching Nov 15th. It is early I know which makes it a challenge, but running the awards in the same year that they are titled is important I believe.

And we didn't want to ruin the surprise but yes you are right again, we should have emailed the developers a few weeks prior to inform them of the launch date.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Need help:
    Please someone upload those CF1.8 vids that are not yet at moddb to the Crossfire Mod Profile there.
    I cant because most of them contain music that prevents that i can access those vids.

only upload vids that are not at moddb yet
    to http://www.moddb.com/mods/crossfire/videos/
    wait 24hours before you upload the next (make sure that this page http://www.moddb.com/games/freelancer/mods showes the last update as "1 day") -> this way CF will be pushed to the moddb front page

this should grant a relative good presence of CF during the next 2 weeks at moddb

you can find all the CF vids here: CrossFire - All Movies
    you can get the files using www.keepvid.com in order to upload them to moddb (if you dont have them)
    Ill upload the crossfire vacation spot vid now so tomorrow it is required that someone of you uploads the next

Ill work on some news for CF and some newsletters meanwhile

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,