CF 1.82 servercrash

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• There was a crash just now, just reporting.
    3 of us in Arena, others elsewhere (2 fighters, 1 KD with two holoprojectors).

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Dont forget me! :D
    The strange thing is.....when i invited my fellow friend into a group a few seconds later boom server crash.... :huh:

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• crashes were based on a client
    somebody is using corrupted files

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• There was a few cheat kicks in the past few days, dunno if that's related...

• hard to say
    all i know is that its not server related

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ah, sorry. I think it was Your_uncle with the 2 holos. I know I've seen some.

• OP don't get us wrong, there is no ideal thing in this world,all crashing, so why not the server.
    Certainly, server now works even better than the 1.7! 8). From my point of view ^^

let me think about it...
    because the server was running 100% stable 3 days before the CF1.82 while already running the CF1.82 on the server and the server was running 100% stable 3 days after the client release... and not to mention the fact that i have not done changes to the server for more than 1 week

False shockwave. My KD has only 1 holo. Speaking of holos. The Yamato does not work for nuts. Cant see a thing.

it does work, otherwise the screenshots showing the yamato wouldnt have been possible

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• let me think about it...
    because the server was running 100% stable 3 days before the CF1.82 while already running the CF1.82 on the server and the server was running 100% stable 3 days after the client release... and not to mention the fact that i have not done changes to the server for more than 1 week

Exactly what i said and thought, ok not exactly cos u have better overview then any of us here (except Almighty! all we know who is he ;))lol

• Exactly what i said and thought, ok not exactly cos u have better overview then any of us here (except Almighty! all we know who is he ;))lol

OP sees server logs and can tell it without anyone else commenting his data ^^ (as you cannot 'read' his data ;) )

3 days with no crash then 2 crashes on a day isn't logical.

So yes, would be that somebody mixed files or screwed files after msinet error without restarting with a fresh FL install.

orion: PM Sent

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• Well, for me the ping was great before and after the last server crash... well, I'm just sure about the one after the last crash, before it I had soem yellow lag once or twice with good ping.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• So yes, would be that somebody mixed files or screwed files after msinet error without restarting with a fresh FL install.

ähmm.. i was a last with such problems.. but i did realy all new.. no,
    moment. Uninstall CF (i know, CF Mod have his uninstaller), FLMM
    uninstlld, FL uninstalld. Cleaned with (using 2 progs) CCleaner and
    HDCleaner. Reboot PC. Chek for FL-Folders.. if found, deleted. Cleaned
    again. Reboot PC. Than installd all new..
    But after this, i playd more hours.. without server crash :S

Yesterday 25.10.2010, logd in for 30 minuts to play. Shooted NPCs 25 minuts. Server crashed. Fine.. all pods lost.. and 25 minuts time, like a as not playd. :huh:

• Quoting my post from that long time, by then was a different problem... somebody, newcomer, who didn't installed CF properly.

One thing is having a missing file, or few more, or bugged ones, another thing is having half of the files corrupted, with EXE 1 and EXE2 and mixed with vanilla or other's mod files... that makes the server read unexpected data and have a number of errors... but it's no problem until there are a LOT of problems in a small ammount of time.

This can be just 1 of the possible reasons, but the most reasonable for the moment where there was no crash for 3 days, then several crashes in few hours...

The current crashes have other possible reasons which are not much related with your files, so you don't have to worry about them :P

Just keep playin ^^

And Vor, you installed it even better than needed :D:thumbup:

• the crashes are most likely related to the tests i currently do about wreck looting
    btw. plz tell me if its working

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well...i tested the Yamato Holo Projector but it doesnt work at all. I see someone else with the Bremen Holo on a starflyer so i put the Yamato Holo in a starflyer too but it still doesn't work. OP, you wrote that it have to work because somebody made screens of it so why doesn't it work with my ships?