Operation Hephaestus

There are 78 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• Didn't try the bomber ships, but it would be good to see one in action, so I'm looking forward to it.

I also have a bomber position in Omega Unit, but unfortunately pure bombers are too limited in long engagements.
    The Hades with its 8 torpedoes launchers ends up empty of ammo very quickly due to the lack of torpedo choice and limited number
    to carry. In IC against motherships or stations it ends up useless when ammo is down (the 2 turrets don't help much).
    Sadly, VHFs with Diamondbacks MkII are more usefull in the long term.

Even though I admit a full wave of torpedoes on the Hades is really impressive, it does not last long, and is quite unappropriate for an IC
    expedition (tried it) -> hence some bomber pilots going for hybrids ships like the Elder (still have some guns at least when no more torps!)

I myself still look for a compromise, although I am thinking to go for a "gunboat" weapon setup, and giving up bombers for those trips...

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Gotta echo Faaby's comments here, pure bombers are nearly worthless in the Inner Core due to ammo logistics, especially if it has many launchers as they can eat up ammo quick. If only bombers could carry more ammo, they'd be more useful. Also, the Star Killer and Sunslayer torpedoes are not powerful enough to really make a difference against cap ships and bases, while sadly the Coalition torpedo's ammo is limited by cargo restraints of which anything that has under 100 units of cargo cannot even use it!

Therefore, the SA Omega Wing personnel have moved on to looking at Cap Ship Killer/Bomber hybrids like the Elder and other regular VHFs that can be setup in a similar configuration, like the Shroud or in Faaby's case, the Eliminator. I'd also like to try adding some of the rare missiles to their loadouts of which the Nemesis and Cataclysm both dish out nice amounts of damage for level 9 missiles. Bottom line, I wouldn't carry any more than one missile or torpedo type weapon per each ammo type as 50 rounds can go quickly in a prolonged battle of which happens often in the Inner Core.

• Attention: Irony
    I will get a Soulforge train, fill it with 50 Coal torps and ready ^^ I can even spend part of the ammo myself :P

Attention: Irony

Bombers would just have to make a loop to reload, and go back to action :D

ofc Coal torps aren't the only I could wear heh

Even doing that is a fail for teh action I would get.... (no action).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hi
    This is Captian Crookey, Just letting you know you have my full support for this important mission.

My VHF is at your service Sirs.

Captian Crookey out .......

(ooc It's about time we had another raid in the I/C, There always great events. I recommend them to everybody, especially Noobs who wouldn't last a second in there by themselves. This is by far the best way to visit the Inner Core and map the systems i.e in numbers and with heavily armed Clans by your side LOL)

In game Characters Molasar,Rasalom, Lestat, Sal_Roma & Crookey 8)

• That's great, Crookey!

Also, there are openings for hosting events - just say if there's an event you'd like to host here and we'll work it out! :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• *sent via Space Fax Network*

to: Silver Arrows HQ

attn: whoever happens to pull this from the space fax machine

The Independent Operators' Consortium would be more than happy to send a ship or two to help on your suicide mission grand expedition into the Inside of the Inner Core. I, myself, will be attending and maybe CA [if I can talk him into it, no promises though]. Looking forward to blasting some alien butt with you.

Rex Nebular, SAACG

Independent Operators' Consortium

• I'll sign up, (Knowing me it's probably allready happened.

I have a VHF stationed at Omega 3 so I'll take that job if it's available, Don't count on my help though because I still haven't downloaded 1.82 and It might not work the first time.

Anyway, I was only skimming and scanning but, What date will the mission commence? Or is there not a date set until Requirements are met?

• Nah, the event is on 10 Octomber (check it).... so you have plenty of time ^^ Not passed yet.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Ok, calendar link is done, the event is there, you can sign up.

So, gathering point will be GMG Hypergate at Omega-3. I'll station a ship or two in Cambridge for options, I suggest people do the same in case we need an extra BS or DS, or even fighters - since many people now have capital ships.

I'll start preparing repair ships soon, they will be on separate IDs, gotta test it out first.

I was in Coalition space recently - seeing those badass battleships makes me wish we had one with us in Inner Core. Like, Badanov or something. Or one of those Order ships... Damn. :D

• i just wanted to confirm that now BS and destroyers are able to dock at GMG Hypergate, thx to the new capital ship mooring addon !

Like usual SA will reward the partiticipants with few points (4) counting for earning the Blue Cross of the Silver Arrows.

Everyone can earn them as long as you tell me you want me to keep tabs about it... otherwise i only update SA members records.... Who wants a nice SA medal on their freelancer suit ? :P Mike has a medal but he doesnt wear it :(

• There's a problem. Repair ship just can't undock from the Vernon. I tried using my PX Sideswipe char, and it just wouldn't, kept kicking me out. I'm looking for an alternative ship for us to use.

I'm suggesting a Large Transport - 35000 armor, 250 batts&bots, medium handling, no guns worth mentioning. Ideas?
    Or Scouser - 80000 armor, 100 batts&bots, and by far shitty handling with no guns? :D

Edited once, last by Shockwave ().

• On the Shockwave's screenie, is it normal that the Repair ship has 3 Licenses ? :/

And about the right ship to transport, yes, Scouser would be the best option, it looks pretty great, cheap and massive :D

• How much does Scouser cost, and how is it responding to cruise distruptors?
    Plus, it fits the story maybe better, Scouser has a lot bigger surface to plate and a large cargo hold. Plus, people will have to shoot down energy crystals for it, all it will do is tractor! :D

Michael, Rag would be a good scout, but downside is that it's not available to everyone, and as long as the Railgun stays offline.

About the Repair Ship - I have no idea what to think of it. It just won't undock, with all those unmounted too, I tried combinations...

Also, I'd like to remind you to offer newbies the opportunity to participate, with money and equipment and general tips.

• Rag would be a good scout, but downside is that it's not available to everyone, and as long as the Railgun stays offline.

Yeaaaaaa.... The Raggy makes a sucky scout IMHO, that thing becomes a pinball on a pinball table in asteroid fields, period.

It's primary redeeming value (aside from looking so kickass and being remarkably nimble for so big a ship) is the incredibly powerful railgun. Quite honestly, I'd rather bring a Reaper or the Redemption for scouting purposes at that point since using the railgun would be considered Dom abuse. :D:D:D

• The negative comment about the Rag made me think...

Can a player choose to be against this operatiion ? Like... Alien Defender ! NO Abuse of alien teritory !! :D and scouting the systems in a try to stop this convoy as well as the rest of the aliens :D

In any ways I will be arround... :diablo: (maybe with a pinball Rag :tot: )

• I'd love to participate in the event. Not 100% sure I can, depends on if my prof. still wants an extra meeting that day/when he does it, but I'd love to do this. I'm still terrible under-equipped, but i'm working on outfitting my fighter.

• Great Vladdy! :thumbsup: Do try to make it if you can, please contact some of the clan members or freelancers here if you require assistance to make this event, I'm sure some of them would be willing to help you out with credits or where to get all the upgrades and decent weaponry to outfit your ship to get it ready for the operation. Also if you need to get your character's rep fixed in Dervon to enter the Inner Core and you need a wingman, don't hesitate to call on me or any SA online to come assist if necessary. 8)

OH yes, by all means check my signature below to download some intel on the upcoming operation if you wish. The maps will show you where we're going and the Xeno Guide will give you a good rundown on what you'll be facing in the Inner Core. :D 8)