Cant activate mod anymore

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• So i decided to deactivate the mod to change the settings, the trent outfit, ect, activate bump mapping with motion blur, after that i reactivate the mod and it brings up this msg: "Error: Problem with activating Crossfire 1.81 mod client edition, look log for more details, do you wish to restore backup (strongly recommended). So... yeah...
    First it hit No, did nothing, then i hit yes, it restored, tried activating the mod again, still the same thing, tried restoring again...

6075 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\characters\heads\ku_edo_headcf.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm')
    6076 files restored and 2 directories deleted
    Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn')

• if you haven't deleted them yet...

Make a new folder (on your desktop or somewhere else where you can find it easily) give it a name like: "Crossfire Backup Saves"

Then go to your documents folder, open the my games folder, open the freelancer folder, open the Accts folder, open the single player folder...

and you'll see all of your current save files. (they'll have random number/letter names "Save3c85.fl" etc...)

copy these to your backup folder...

Then when you've reinstalled just copy them back to the original location: Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer

As long as you're running the same version of Crossfire and not some different mod, you'll be able to use them all without problems.

Also...if you're playing MP you should use the "Start Menu, Microsoft Games, Freelancer, Examine my account id"
    to save your mp id number so you can keep all of your mp characters after the reinstall.

If you don't have (or don't care about) your mp accounts...you can skip this part since it's not necessary to simply make backups of your saved games.

hope this helps.

-Z

• Between Spiky and Incognito, all is said...
    in more clear words:
    for the save files copy the ones at My Documents/My Games/Freelancer/Accts/SinglePlayer and tehre you have the savef853h files.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• hey im new in this forum and i have a problem similar to this one

if i start the mod FLMM 1.31 and try to activate the crossfire mod 1.81 it will load the half way and stop than, i wait over 10 minutes and i doesn't load anymore
    does anybody know how i can fix this ( if i start the application and put the start single player button, nothing happens)

please help i really want to play this mod

• uninstall everything related to FL CF FLMM, and delete the possibly remaining files left over after the unistallations

then install in order: Freelancer, then FLMM, then CF1.81, then Activate CF 1.81 in FLMM

if it still doesn't work try installing to another drive (f.e. if it was installed in C: disk install in D: or in E: disk) - helped to me a couple of times

• that it stops loading doesnt mean much
    the userinterface of that tool is have some problems loading big mods but actually it does work on background

all you need to worry about is if you get an error message

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i have installed it on C:\Program Files\Freelancer and it works now, it load faster than the other times, but i don't understand why it do not work on D:\
    thanky you very much

• but i don't understand why it do not work on D:\

Probably because you installed the mod and the FLMM in 2 different directories? ... the mod must be installed in the FLMM though.

• Well, now that that case is over.... this one: I activate it and when I open fl.exe I get a weird blue screen with a lot of codes and numbers on it then PC closes and makes a beep, what's wrong ? :O

Any solutions ??

lols kidding xD but it'd be the worst scenario...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• an unlikely one

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just notice got the same problem as this guy, why is it always the pirate head lol. I reinstall everything Freelancer, Mod manager and Crossfire... I think one of the problems is the settings.

• Just notice got the same problem as this guy, why is it always the pirate head lol. I reinstall everything Freelancer, Mod manager and Crossfire... I think one of the problems is the settings.

may be, try to activate one by one option in a settings (if u want maximum effects from this game), i know that this sounds stupid, but this can save ur day ;)