Opera 10.60

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• Does anyone use it, and are you having problems with it?

Personally, I like the browser, but it's been a bit issue-y with this new version:
    - refuses to switch sites in Cpanel
    - refuses to post answers on SWAT (t'f**k?! - says that the message field isn't filled)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Usually, I too use Firefox, but on this system it keeps friggin' crashing, and it's so annoying... Flash not really getting along with 64 bit Win7, crashes both Opera and Firefox. Google Chrome and Safari are alternatives... :/

But this thing on Opera - it's unrelated to the problems with Flash - they said they rewrote the Javascript engine so that it runs 50% faster than 10.50 version of Opera. That would probably be true, if the damn thing would actually work properly.
    Also, not helping, Mich.

• since version 10.50 opera has serious problems with java scripts as they indeed have rewrote the java source
    the problem is well known but i doubt that they will do any fixes as the official statement that i was able to get was like "The Opera browser is following the official Java source guidelines, any problems which might occour are due to wrong scripts".
    All other browsers are btw. following the same scrict guidelines and those scripts seem to work there.

next to that I simply love opera as its the best looking and by far fastest browser out there++++ i love its standard features that you only get into other browsers by installing weird plugins

Currently i am forced to use firefox due to the java problem but i still didnt give up hope that the problems get fixed and i can switch back to O

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, they seem to update it relatively often, and I'm fairly sure there's quite a lot of community feedback, so I guess it'll be resolved soon enough...

And I do agree, it does look good and load faster than FF (I don't use others enough to notice the difference).

• nothing new to report

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• w3c is a lie
    browsers give a damn about it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It exists to give people who work around it headaches. Making everything look good and/or the same on most browers is beyond pain in the ass. :D

• one week ago an update for this forum has been released
    i installed it today but dont know what it actually changes as it does not contain a change log (which i meanwhile requested from the developers)

i am not sure if opera is working now (cant test it atm)
    the devs released an update for a different forum version just a few days later containing fixes for opera.. so maybe they got everything running ... dunno

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thanks to a member of the Woltlab Forum support team which identified the problem and provided a fix to me the problem with Opera browsers could be solved today.
    I tested the forum with the latest version of Opera and it works perfectly now.

*sigh*
    I have you back my beloved Opera ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,