Crossfire 1.8 CTD's in sol and posible "Spoilers"

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• :sshithappens: :patsch:this has been a problem since CF 1.8 have been realased and why isent somone trying to fix it this is too big to be ignored. :rtfm: :aberglaube: Usualy it CTD's at the JH to Sol So i am always making sure off saving at The hood cos it has like 60-70% to ctd :zitat: somtimes peapole get lucky and somtimes peapole get tripple ctd's its a nigthmare secound problem is earth its a smal chance off getting a ctd when un-docking at earth and the 3-th problem and reason for this post is the RIFT 20 min ago i was traveling from weth to Sol and after traveling for and houer i was at the rift in styx i docked and closed my eyes praying for succses :aberglaube: but poof CTD aaaaargh :ugly: i was soooo close from trowing my laptop in a wall and im not the angry type it was just soooooo anoying cos i ended upp in weth agein why arent annyone fixing God damnit this problem punches a big hole in the game for evryone i have seen tons of peapole CTD in sol enspecially at the JH on the hyperion side :rtfm: :angry: :protest:

:!: :!: :!: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :aberglaube: :!: :!: :!:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• If you are reading this plz let me know off your CTD expirience at Sol :thumbsup:

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited once, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK ().

• OP already said several times that he wont work on the mod, until the other stuff is done...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• My own experience with Sol. From Sirius side (fighter): Jump take loong time, I was sure that game is "hanged" but after some time (don't remember exactly ... cca 2-3 min) I enter Sol and all was OK. From Sirius (this time with BS Osiris Class) games "hanged" different way: I still see Styx space and hear attack from Nomads (I could not do anything) but after some time (again :) ) jump begin and I enter Sol. Next Jumps was OK ... maybe only small problem that I have problem dock at last gate Mars?-Earth with BS. Mars-Earthl I give up and use cruise, from Earthl I was more successful and after some free flight maneuvers I dock at gate.

ABOUT my own experience with CTD: description: game closes to desktop, but still exist in the status bar and I cannot go back. I encountered this type of problem few times after I enter IC ... but this was solved immediately after I take Freelancer files out of my AV control.

What I hear from one deutsch player: Server crashed (repeatably) after he began jump into Sol (from Sirius). I was on-line and server crashed immediately after he wrote "jump now" ... He said that after 2-3 attempt (for me server "crashed" every time) that he entered successfully Sol, but others players was kicked off ... before this I see at http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.de/ "-1" ppl at server.

Maybe that Cultprit for CTD is AV (my nod32 really did not like Sol.dll and quarantined this file every time).

OP already said several times that he wont work on the mod, until the other stuff is done...

Y, but after we help him with "other stuff"=Portal he can use this reports for faster repair.

• the same crashes happened in cf1.7
    during the 2 years of development to cf1.8 ive rebuild the sol system 5 times from the scratch and have spend more than 6 entire weeks working on this issue... without luck

the system is in my eyes 100% clean... i was not able to find any errors nor did any of the error scanners find something

2 other modders checked the system aswell without any results

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OK, if we have no real chance 100% solve this problem: So what create new bases (dock only for save) before Sol rifts? . There is one trick how to "save" before go into Sol, but this is not user friendly... and I don't check if it work in case that game CTD. ..be returned to Weth after crash isn't fun :(

And one more thing: Would be big problem create utility which can check, that players game files (for Sol) are all OK? ... (AV problems).

UPDATE: Before rift to Altair is Order fleet ... on of this ship can be dockable.

• I never had a CTD in Sol this and the past year... or maybe to be more exact... since I have Avast AV instead of another. (Which never gave a conflict with CF, and it gets updates and patches every day, not like other AVs). So, the only tims I remember I got a CTD when exiting Earth,(right the moment when the system's file loads itself) and when passing from a zone to another(when a file loads another part of itself).

You remember sol.dll was for some AV as possible virus... a coincidence ? Maybe by putting the files as exception they wouldn't get deleted, but they still get blocked. shoo I wonder what an AV can find at them. >.<

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• sol.dll has nothing to do with the sol system

there wont be any new bases - especially on one of those battleships
    and no there are no such tools nor can i even imagine how that should work

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sol is pretty stabile in 1.8, I agree with Michael. However I don't think it's a antivirus software problem... If you crash to desktop, restart your computer, then start CF again. Usually took care of problems for me back in 1.7.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• sol is a bit more stable since i removed big parts of the system (in february)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Maybe Sol is simply too big... and it can be a fuss for some PCs (still I used same PC on all the time I have on CF, and atm the CTDs are a thing I don't see).... and also shouldn't Sovetskaya have the same issue ? :D

Complicated...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• sol is as big as some other systems and there are no problems

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :tired: lets say we are 3 peapole trveling to sol from the dublin side then im 100% off that somone wil ctd so i tell evryone to save before going to sol and guess what one of uss ctd'ed i go tru there like 3+ times in the week wth or without peapole and somthing always have to happend to somone :sshithappens:

• somthing always have to happend to somone :sshithappens:

Yeah, something always has to happen. -.-'

As know for some time, if there are more people in sol that was bringing a crash... but well. Each one with his luck xD