=-Black Prophecy -=The new next generation space mmog !

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• I believe all of you guys are tired of the repetitive fantasy mmorpgs . Magic powers , incredible spells and other similar stuff , ofc we must take a look at the "good" arsenal of the fantasy mmo's such as Aion , World of Warcraft , Lineage , Guild Wars + the F2P invasion of the same kind. But always you want something bigger , something more incredible , somethig that can really attracts you into the game scene . All of us love the planets , stars , nubalaes and so on. A great landscape of a future world . The Sci-fi world ! Along the so called history of mmog , the sci-fi genre didn't got so many fans (why ? i donno ) despite the capital titles of the Sci-fi genre , Eve Online , Anarchy Online + Expansion packs , and so on . Personally i am a big space fan , i always like to search every possible data about Space and its phenomenas but let's get back to our topic. The sci-fi mmo's have been somehow "Killed" for example , Star Wars Galaxies was crushed because of the stupidity of the developers , i also hears that Eve online is not standing quite well . I also wait for the Infinity : Quest for Earth mmo to be released , but its faar from finishing the actual game , Infinity is an mmo that will add so many features and hope it will last long .

So now we have this new game on the steps to realese . A new sci-fi game called Black Prophecy. Black Prophecy is a fast-paced 3D space combat mmog . The game is based on intense PvP , to really huge scales . It has some great features , some of them are :

Next-generation graphics

Black Prophecy uses the latest in graphics technology to produce breathtaking visuals.
    Fast-paced action combat

Black Prophecy is more action-oriented than a traditional space simulation. We are trying to avoid long travel times or other activities where the player isn't really doing anything.
    Exciting Player vs. Player combat

Black Prophecy allows players to organize big PvP battles and also offers varied PvP missions.
    Captivating Story

Black Prophecy's universe, story and background has been created by the award-winning Sci-Fi author Michael Marrak.
    Modular ship design

Player ships are not sold as whole, but instead consist of modules like cockpits, wings, engines etc. All these modules are available in different shapes and sizes, which allows the players to customize their ships.
    Item modification system

In addition to the modular ship design, players can also further customize their ships by adding modifications to their ship's modules and weapons.
    Modular clan station system

Player clans can build clan stations that are expandable through a module system. Different modules add different functionalities to the station.
    Resource system

Clans can fight each other to conquer resource stations.
    Award and medal system

Similar to an achievement system, players can earn medals and awards for performing specific tasks.

Tactics system

Players can learn and execute breakneck flight maneuvers.

The game looks really awsome in the true meaning of the word, and a great thing for many it will be F2P . It stimulates you to play more and more and more and more . Many ppl asked themselves if its not a copy of Eve , but definetely NO , its totally different game , with different purposes with different looks and gameplay . It's a space pioneer's dream ! The fly through an immersive univers filled with thrilling action and intense combat .

For more information about the game visit their site : http://www.blackprophecy.com
    And this is the newly traile of the game that is in beta stages , and possibly will be released on the beggining of the holiday : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8JSa-N-UbE

Enjoy and may the Force be with you !

• **oh noes...this is not healthy for some >_>

Great MMOPG there !! But still we prefer Crossfire !!! xD Still we can play both of them ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Reakktor (the developer of BP) found a publisher - gamigo for this game and they are going to start a closed beta - as far as i know in May. The game will be free to play with the possibility to buy additional stuff - but not to be better than anyone else. No its to allow players who cant invest many gaming time to buy the equipment. They are still planning stuff for this game.

Some eye candy trailer was released lately - here a preview.

[video]

[/video]

signature.png

• I'll definitely give this game a try when it comes out.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• i can tell you that freelancer players will like that game since the gameplay is extremly close to FL
    i can also tell you that ive a big problem with the graphics atm

everything looks big and shiny... right thats ok
    but everything looks almost the same... the ships dont have any special looking textures -> they are ... just metal that reflects the environment
    its like when i shift the ambient color in FL... in some cases it might look ok... but if it happens too often you get sick of it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I Would give it a try... but I will still stick with Crossfire for sure, for my reasons ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• MMO Sanctuary's Head writer Caleb Thompson pose some questions in an interview with Assistant Product Manager, Christian Schuett, of Gamigo.

Q. What was the basis for creating Black Prophecy? Is there a particular IP behind its theme, or is this simply an entity of its own?

A. Black Prophecy was completely developed from scratch. Originally planned as a single player game, Michael Marrak created a dark and dense universe which was the foundation for the overall game design. In the further course it was decided to make Black Prophecy a Massively Multiplayer Online Game to get the very best out of its tremendous potential.

Q. According to our information, Reakktor has been developing Black Prophecy since 2006. How have you or they had to (or chosen to) change the game over that time period to keep up with the advances in online gaming?
    A. Except from changing the game concept from a single player to a MMO, there were no major changes to the game and technical design. When gamigo came on board as the publisher, we brought in several own ideas, e.g. a crafting system, to enrich the gameplay. However, the dev team also always strives to utilize the latest technology and methods within the development process.

Q. Reakktor and gamigo are located in Germany. Do you plan to have European servers only, or will there be other locales (such as North America)? If you do plan on multiple server locations, where might those be?
    A. gamigo owns the global publishing rights so there are indeed plans to also offer regional servers, such as in North America, Asia etc. but those plans are not yet fixed in stone.

Q. Many of our users have speculated Black Prophecy may parallel aspects of EVE Online too closely. Can you clarify this subject and enlighten our users as to the core differences with your game?
    A. Since Black Prophecy is a space game, it is obvious for many players to make such comparisons. However, both games are differing quite much in terms of technical gameplay. Black Prophecy does not utilize classical point and click combat but possesses a real-time first person combat system. This means that your personal skill is much more decisive for the outcome of your battles as you are controlling your ship directly like e.g. in a first person shooter. Also your skills do not have any kind of influence on your ships performance as they simply determine if you can use an item or not.

Q. Black Prophecy focuses on action-based gameplay. How do you think the players of typical "click and wait" MMORPG's will adapt?

A. That depends quite much on the player’s personal computer game preferences if he or she can or wants to adapt to Black Prophecy’s fast-paced action gameplay. If you are also a fan of action-based first person shooters then you will definitely want to give it a try.

Q. Currently, Black Prophecy is listed as a “Free To Play” game. Can you tell us more about the details of your business model? Will there be an "item mall", or other purchasable premium content?
    A. Black Prophecy will be completely playable without the necessity to spend a single cent. However, this will take decent amount of time to reach the current level cap. If you want to accelerate your progress, you can buy items that e.g. give you more experience points over a certain amount of time. The idea is to basically make the gameplay more convenient for those who cannot invest huge amounts of time. On top of this we will also offer vanity items that have decorative purpose e.g. to beautify your ship.

Q. The graphics visible in the screenshots for Black Prophecy are quite amazing. Have you created the game using a third-party graphics engine, or is this something you've created from the ground up just for this project?
    A. The engine used for Black Prophecy is the Gamebryo engine which was already utilized in games such as Oblivion or Fallout 3. Taking this engine as the foundation for Black Prophecy, the dev team adapted many parts of it to fit the development needs and requirements.

Q. According to the Black Prophecy website, “Players can learn and execute breakneck flight maneuvers. “. Is this an ability-based action that will be automatically flown, or will it be something controlled by the player's mouse/joystick skill?
    A. It’s a part of both. Black Prophecy will offer various different kind of maneuvers that can be performed by triggering specific key combinations (e.g. up, down, right, left). Once the maneuver is triggered the ships is automatically performing the maneuver. Which maneuvers you can trigger depend on the “Tactics” skill of your character. The more points you spend in this skill the more, sophisticating maneuver your ship can perform. However, in the end it’s up to the player to find out the available key combinations which additionally creates a kind of competition between players.

Q. Clans (a version of typical MMO guilds) will be able to make their own “Clan Housing”. Will this be a major undertaking for the clan, requiring a large amount of resources/capital, or will smaller clans also be able to afford their own housing?

A. Each clan will receive its basic space station upon creation. Yet it is to be determined if you have to make a special mission or perform a similar action to obtain the station. With this basic station as foundation clans can expand the station with additional modules such as living quarters, ship yards, etc. Obtaining these modules will of course require larger amounts of resources and credits in the end if you want to have a very large and well fitted space station.

Q. What is the advancement process like in the game? Will there be character levels or classes, or are players capable of freely spending skill points to create a custom style? How are the characters' ability to fly certain ships dictated?
    A. Black Prophecy will offer an intuitive skill system in which you earn experience points by shooting down enemies and accomplishing missions. Once you reach a specific amount of experience points you gain an additional character level. For each level you will receive a number of skill points you can distribute to your character’s skills. Those skills determine if you are able to assemble an item to your ship. For example, if you have a level 6 Laser cannon you will have to spend 6 points in the skill “Energy weapons” and so on. With this system the player is not forced into the classic role model (Tank, Damage dealer, Healer, Support) but can flexibly adjust him/herself to the current combat situation.

Q. With such a focus on action-based flight, many players will be looking into the PvP component of the game. What kinds of PvP combat are available in Black Prophecy?
    A. Player vs. Player combat will play a big role in Black Prophecy, especially in the endgame content. For this Black Prophecy offers different kinds of PvP missions but also open PvP combat. While team or clan PvP will be held in separated instances, open PvP will be available in the open world sectors in which players can simply jump in and take part in the battles.
    A specialty of the PvP missions will be that, e.g. a team of a faction can start a mission which then appears on the other faction’s mission terminal to be accepted by an enemy team.

And a bonus from Gamescom :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO6qeZ01oW8

Closer and closer to this brilliant mmo ...

• Damn, that looks friggin' awesome...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• it will come with some great expansions / updates, the first one will include "station walking" . That will make you play it hehee :D . It will be a great game i guess :P

• Well, I'd make Crossfire have that system, where you can move your 'human' body (as some will like to be alien crap, ie Spiky) arround the stations, or arorund the station of 1 player battleship you're docked with :D

Well, you'll have to conforme with docking anotehr player's BS... (up to be soon).

• Well, you couldn't make it anyways... Starlncer has the Oopen sourcecode part... but wel, that's a bad example maybe lols

• starlancer has what?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'm again amazed by the screenshots in this game... Is anyone here a Beta tester for Black Prophecy? Any inside infos? :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I'm again amazed by the screenshots in this game... Is anyone here a Beta tester for Black Prophecy? Any inside infos? :)

I think you will find that NDA agreements mean a user is forbidden to even admit they're a beta tester, let alone make any comment about the game - whether the feature has been published in the media or otherwise.

However, looking forward to more news about this - it's been in a closed beta for a while, but screenshots are updated on their website (in the last 5 days apparently!).
    *(I do think that the black prophecy website looks really similar to how the eve-online website looked circa 2005!).

Edited once, last by Zoomer ().

• yep, thats how it usually is handled (dont ever ask me where i know that from)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,