Posts by Zoomer

I'm again amazed by the screenshots in this game... Is anyone here a Beta tester for Black Prophecy? Any inside infos? :)

I think you will find that NDA agreements mean a user is forbidden to even admit they're a beta tester, let alone make any comment about the game - whether the feature has been published in the media or otherwise.

However, looking forward to more news about this - it's been in a closed beta for a while, but screenshots are updated on their website (in the last 5 days apparently!).
    *(I do think that the black prophecy website looks really similar to how the eve-online website looked circa 2005!).

Sorry, was looking at all the recent posts about multi-player issues. I unwisely jumped to the conclusion that multi-player numbers and player interest in continuing playing was an issue being presently discussed.
    Evidently it isn't a concern in the slightest.[MSIE_newline_end ]

I realised after posting, so I edited. However, you can do it via unique MP player ID on the server accounts (in the event that there's one server).
    This would indicate whether you've got a player retention problem would it not? You could see how many translate into MP players, and how often, or how much time, they spent playing.
    Given a time line (last log on) work out if there is a trend (ie mod releases, or exam periods for countries) and therefore deduce whether there is likely to be a resurgence...[MSIE_newline_end ]

Haven't downloaded 1.8, as it is just too damned big (it's a mod, but near twice the size of the original game and takes too long to dl).

I know you don't care about it, and I'm not complaining - just putting a perspective.
    These may be factors in limiting the numbers of new players - especially when there are more popular mods with 1/20th the file size available. You can dl and play in 5 minutes, instead of 3 hours.

Perhaps something to bear in mind when developing. You can make what you want, but such a huge size is off-putting to newcomers.

Do you have enough disk space, do you have too little space for your "download folder" (try setting your browsers download folder to just the C:). Years ago didn't you have to increase cache and things like that?

They are most likely the people that simply do not care about what befalls elsewhere, as long as they get what they want.

Whatever it is they want.

As for lancersreactor.de - :D

If Uberlancer is the one I think it was, the guy who came up with the idea originally didn't even know how to mod - and that was about 4.5 years ago now.

He just ran around for weeks saying it'd be the best/ultimate FL mod and that all other modders should leave their own stuff to take part, but didn't know what code was or how to do anything.

It was doomed from the start.

Openlancer was a more realistic attempt... don't know if that still has steam or whether it died.

I am not aware of Reactorforge having/housing/sheltering either Azza or Knife.

Are they being sheltered there? Are they part of ReactorForge?

As for why would Reactorforge claim they're not susceptible to attacks when others endure them - that much is easy, with a little analogy if you indulge it :)

In the UK, during a cold snap last winter, several councils publicly said on the news that they were running out of Grit/Salt for the roads. At the same time, several other councils publicly announced that they had sufficient supplies to see them through. Did this mean councils were stealing from each other? No. It is a way of reassuring your community that you are capable and have sufficient resources that the same will not befall you.

I'm not saying that is why they created the thread - but is this not a plausible explanation? If so, then the thread is circumstantial with regards to the attacks, and not an indicator of being behind them!

Furthermore, with regards to who else is behind it? I've received a spam email today from lancersreactor.org - where it appears Azza and Knife are running the old Lancersreactor again.

So this is confusing as you claim RF is the old TLR? Or do you just refer to those who used to run it before any troubles, and those who ran it more recently?

My question is therefore - which sites are definitely run by known hackers? Which sites have definite proof to be involved in hack attacks? Lastly, when attacked by Azza previously - did the attack originate from one IP address? If so, it is quite easy to mitigate that - most server software provides a method of doing so, if you can configure it. Or are the attacks distributed ones - utilising "Zombie" pc's? An answer to that may indicate how people may claim they're "not susceptible", which translates to "we're competent and know how to configure a server".

Anyway, with Azza/Knife back in the frame (question is, were they ever out of it?), perhaps you can have 2 suspects? Or do you think they're working together? (if they are, then why buy/bring back lancersreactor.org?)

Do you mean this post?

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    Our new bar can do much more, it offers more possibilities and chances to the sites which use it. I believe the chance to get new players is worth that a few links to other FL sites are missing (and probably only be missing until these sites realize that the new bar is better).

I don't see specifics ?(

What I mean is, if theirs and yours are both working perfectly then what features does one offer different to the other? You say it does so much more, just wondering what the more bit is.

Can you explain what benefits the new bar has that the old one doesn't? To me they are both just bars, so struggle to see the difference.

Regarding the person who questioned if it'll divide the communities, surely competition can be good. People strive to do better. Without it, they get complacent. I'd have thought the evidence about the old bar is example of that. They got complacent, didn't update or listen carefully / quickly enough.

Competition means they'll have to, else their bar will become redundant.

Originally posted by BG_Slayer
    Unfortuantly it appears that Zoomer is one of these people that you can try talking sense to but he will never get it ... people like this will never grasp the fact that for somthing to work support from all parties are needed.

The only fortunate thing is that the FL community has enough people in it to out weigh the bad apples ... Zoomer do yourself a favour and go spread you negative crap elsewhere outside the FL community .

"Support from all parties", "spread negative crap"... oh how you tickle my funny bone :D

Seriously, think about it - and laugh :D The irony of your post considering the thread, the posts contained within it :D

Wow, who'd have guessed! Another thread about "Oh they're all bad, attacking me"... and without evidence too :)

Originally posted by KhohnJao
    So is it RF that are behind these attacks?

There is no evidence, it is all based on heresy and claims here are subjective.

As Swat would say "it's a fact" - yes, it is a fact. He doesn't know - he thinks, but remember his opinion is highly subjective, and that doesn't make it true ;)

Originally posted by FriendlyFire
    Zoomer: No. What you're saying right there is precisely the thing to do if you want Freelancer to wither and die in the next year.

As a dwindling community, we have to, we must overcome our differences and divergences and work together. Otherwise, we lose. It's as simple as that.

Despite the disagreements, nobody has anything to gain from such a behavior.

Why will the overall "community" wither and die in the next year? It hasn't died in the past year despite the repeated drama's between TLR, Swat Portal and TSP...

So history, quite clearly, proves otherwise.

So how it is you guys are so frequently at loggerheads then? You seem to all say you need community cohesion to "save freelancer" (from what?) - yet your actions all point in completely the opposite direction. What is this thread if not to promote discontent?

For people with "years of experience" a lot of you seem to be horrifically incompetent and incredibly unbalanced.

I look forward to the nth drama regarding TLR, TSP and Swat Portal... I give it 2-3 months before I can read all this crap once more.

I like the way people mention years of whatever as being significant. The length of time in a community does not make you better than anyone else. It doesn't give you more rights than anyone else either. It is, simply put, irrelevant. Your behaviour is what matters.

Op - it appears, as an observer, that you continually have issues with other communities. Question is, why do you keep returning to them? To aggravate them? To defend yourself? What's the point, you already know what happens each time you defend yourself. We all know what happens each time you defend yourself as well - you tell everyone on here, they go over there - things get out of hand. You then create a new site, or post on this site, to "prove" how big bad mean and nasty they are.

Why bother? What's the point? Simply put - cast a good long look over the history you have with them all. What, exactly, has all this trouble, strife, argument, flaming and more - what has any of it actually achieved?

To the casual observer - it's achieved sweet FA.

To a casual observer there is one other thing - you keep saying they attack you. Hypocrisy. You are, in turn, attacking them. Sure you may claim you are right and just, but remember, as you state in your own posts... that's just an opinion. Your opinion. Just like in their opinion you're the trouble maker.

I am still a member at Starfyrestudios - you're starting to remind me of Reynen Starfyre.

Seriously, leave them all alone and concentrate upon the portal, the mods, and this community. Its clear the only peace to exist between these communities is letting each other have peace from the others...

Move on, drop this whole issue, forget them. Same goes for the starport, lancers reactor, and where-ever else is involved.

Does anyone else agree? Does anyone else see the point in all of this? What has any of it achieved? Anyone else agree that people should stick to their own communities and leave the others alone?

Will be an intriguing read I'm sure, but this has happened so many times now that it's starting to wear a little thin.

Every time it results in the same "revelation" type posts, yet you keep returning to them only to fall out, and then end up doing this once more.

Either there's more to this from your side than meets the eye (or the claimed viewpoint), or its time you stopped going elsewhere and stuck here for good.

Surely if it's not escaping the ' correctly, then you've got some potential security holes with the way the sql is constructed, handled and then executed by the php code.