Missing mods?

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hey - recently I wandered off from the Discovery Freelancer mod community, so I've been looking for other stuff to do. Part of that was browsing ModDB where I ran across the Starlancer: Sol War, and the Starlancer: Reborn mods.

Thing is, both seem to be missing download links, and only have a link to this site here. I couldn't find the mods here either. Am I missing something, or are they gone now?

I'd definitely like to try the Freelancer reborn mod, although I was curious about the game Sol War was based off. ModDM says it uses the Freespace 2 engine, so would that be a mod that's a total conversion on Freespace 2?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Both are not done yet.

And second : YES, conversion for the FSO engine but I don't know, if planned as standalone.

But Crossfire first. There's where ALL the Starlancer ships are NOW !

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• like already meantioned... they are not finished yet
    the development of the Crossfire mod took all our resources as it is the biggest modding project of the FL community

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ah, right. Thanks. The comments on ModDB gave the impression past versions had already been released.

I'll keep tabs on this place for their release then.

• Hey, i think it's weird. The project on Starlancer: sol war was initiated and started approx. nine years ago...
    They had some problems with game engine, and they got a new one, but that was approx 3 years ago, and i don't think, that they had to completely reset the project.
    AND i also read somewhere, that someone already had both (sol war and reborn) mods, and he (or she, i don't know) was looking for more. I even think, that i saw it on this community forum. So i guess, that they should already be finished by now...
    Though, if i'm wrong, fix me.

• well yes... you are right... that is weird because 9 years ago the original Starlancer game was still full of players

but ok
    there never were any problems with the game engine but i decided to use a new one as the new engine was simply better and that was indeed 3 years ago.
    we worked to customize the engines features in order to fit to our needs, we have created a bunch of fighter models, we have put them into a few first test missions, created a cool interface and short cut scenes and we have worked out a campaign concept. So much about the development.
    At that point the development of Starlancer: Sol War stopped due to other more important projects here at SWAT (the day unfortunatly only has 24hours).

Starlancer: Reborn was a Freelancer concept mod which was not fully finished due to several technical issues with the game engine which has limited the system design.
    It is more than unlikely this Freelancer mod will ever be released as it was meant to be an innovative multiplayer action rp mod. Unfortunatly its pretty hard to impossible to create such server communities nowadays that all existing servers are more or less fighting for survival.

both projects have not been released... not even the demo versions. they were also not leaked.

If the Starlancer: Sol War Project ever gets finished highly depends on this community and the support and help I get with it. Afterall my days still have only 24hours.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Try play Crossfire's server and ready... ^^ Shroud is of the top fastest in agility ships in CF ^^ Have fun with what you knew from Starlancer, in a better engine like Freelancer's...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• compared to what was planned... maybe 15%

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is that Up-to-date?

• its the latest info ... so yes

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• not atm... that project is inactive and im working on too many other things already

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,