Posts by DZHEX

I had a problem, that freelancer (the cool space-flying and freelancing game) made a complete reset, after i landed on planet toledo in omicron minor. (the storyline takes you to this planet) The ship was set to old starflier (i had an anubis), and my rep was completely reset to zero (I had a + rep with corsairs only, but that could be an individual bug), and i was stuck between omicron minor and omicron beta systems, and with no chances to get home... B-A-D!!!, but i searched the internet, and found... Nothing. Just a few idiots identifying the problem and no solution anywhere. Though, i should thank them, coz they pointed to m13.ini file. I checked it out, and compared it with any working mission m[number].ini file, and the difference was all of it. Anyway, if You encounter this problem, this is what You should do:

1. Find the installation cd image.

2. Unrar

3. open CAB1.cab file with winzip

4.locate and extract file ''m13.ini''

5. Open Freelancer's program file directory

6. DATA >> MISSIONS >> M13

7.Replace the m13.ini file you find there with the one you got from the CD.

8.Play and finish the game,( :thumbsup: ) and/or post a reply, and put a thankyou :thumbup: or WTF :thumbdown: in it

(explanation of the problem below)

Apparentely you have been modding freelancer. Some older mods have bugs, that they simply cant install without BOTHERING the original game files. What happened, is that your mod has replaced original mission file with some savegame. So no animations, no explanations, just blown rep and a crapship (compare with capship) and nowhere to go. So, anyway, solution is above, please reply :D !

Hey, i think it's weird. The project on Starlancer: sol war was initiated and started approx. nine years ago...
    They had some problems with game engine, and they got a new one, but that was approx 3 years ago, and i don't think, that they had to completely reset the project.
    AND i also read somewhere, that someone already had both (sol war and reborn) mods, and he (or she, i don't know) was looking for more. I even think, that i saw it on this community forum. So i guess, that they should already be finished by now...
    Though, if i'm wrong, fix me.