1.81 crashes

There are 153 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• this evenings crashes are purely based on the fact that ppl have not restart their client version of CF
    the files downloaded are not modified ones... they are the ones that come with the mod download (just a security measurement to ensure that everybody has the right files)

however since ppl are not able to listen to the "RESTART FL NOW" the server has probs now.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Perhaps someone has done it deliberately! ... I do not believe that even the stupidest player does not restart the client after so many Server falls X( ...

• you would be surprised how stupid some ppl can be

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no, really, it's crashing every 10 min for last 6 hours
    and, actually, the files are downloaded every time i reload fl. is that suppose to be that way?

• now Picard, Argos and me told every1 online to restart the launcher if didnt and some guys did it(finally) but nothing change...still crashes every 5min...

Keep on rockin'...!!;)

• i know who crashes the server. now i just need to contact him... somehow.

• 2Philips: Who is it? [3]

• a guy from px, saw his name afew times right before the crash recently

• That could be me (Red_Dwarf, Shock, Shockwave). But I don't understand why that would happen, I restart the launcher always, I unload cfwd.exe if it gets stuck in memory...

I load everything good, and start to cruise to Dimensional rift in Sol, and in about 140k server crashes. I don't think that's my fault.

Before anyone asks or suggests, no, I don't tamper with CF files. I just have a wooden computer. :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Now that I think about it, if the whole thing is rendered on my computer, it can't be what's crashing the server. If I lag, I get kicked, right? Or just, you know, continue with my business, but jumpily...

• It's not me, my chars work good.

We think it's faulty chars in the database or something along those lines. Mate will post the details to OP.

• now it started crashing when i'm docking. brilliant.
    upd: not just me. OP, maybe you should rollback the last update?

• Maybe he should do another character wipe, since some people decided to use a trading bug in the first week of the mod release. Which imo could cause issues if these players chars are corrupted or they are still using some unreported exploits.

I vote for another wipe.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• 1. there were no changes on the server
    2. the updates came with the original files of the mods (which have not been edited) due to security reasons
    3. next to that no other changes were done
    4. a rollback is not possible since actually nothing has changed

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OP , you said about implementing an anticheat stuff , maybe you can create some sort of , version detector that can refuses your connection with the server or something similar. If other ppl come and play with the old version (wich i think is almost impossible) disable the last site of Crossfire or maybe someone can help you to fully update it .

• ehmm yeah thats what CF already is doing, partly

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,