Crossfire 1.81

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• ok - ill use this thread now as it is already open

CF1.81 has been released meanwhile and i did some tests on the server and the first "new" changes on the sol system so you dont need to wonder why its downloading a file again
    I just encountered a few lines in this systems which appear wrong to me but ive no idea if this will fix anything. Ill do some tests now.
    The tests ive done 1 hour before (without that lasted fix) at least did not crash the server and it took +10 tries before i got a ctd in sol. Maybe everything is fine... dunno.

However for 1.81 ive done changes to somewhat more than 1000 files which would have been a patch size of 756mb that is a bit much through the launcher. So a new version is out and the server also got updated to 1.81 (while the sp version remained at version 1.80). This way we get rid of the "wrong version" issue due to the early downloads of this mod.

Oh and FLhook is currently not running.

You have found the mod download the first time... im sure you will find the new version aswell.
    I meanwhile ill keep testing some stuff and probably try to fix the bugs which have been reported today (if i can identify them).
    All previously reported bugs are gone.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• 1 Cent for having a look to the dayly traffic of your isp these days...

Click the image above to visit us.

• 1 cent for every mb traffic would b nice

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• does it say cf1.81? yes? then its the right link

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Eep! Does that mean a complete reinstall is necessary? ;('

Edit: Actually, can I just deactivate the mod, install the 1.81 exe over the other mod install and reactivate?

Actually knowing my luck I'll probably have to reinstall completely. :rolleyes:

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• no - you can download that file, burn it on a dvd and give it to a friend
    yes of course you need to install it, geez

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• doh I installed 1.81 and all... went on the server, logged in on my char that is in devron, saw 3 drones..... game froze

anyways something is clearly wrong there ^^

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

Originally posted by Spiky-
    doh I installed 1.81 and all... went on the server, logged in on my char that is in devron, saw 3 drones..... game froze
    anyways something is clearly wrong there ^^

its just the game's way to tell you "this is a wrong place for you"

btw, try to reduce graphical effects either while installing the mod, or in the game (performance.. ) ... im playing almost with everything deactivated, hahaha

• Maybe it's as Inferno told, NSIS (NISIS.... CRISIS ? xD ) is telling this is not a place for you xD

Have you checked if you have over 3 GB space on your HDD when downloading ? For a download of 1.3 GB...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well, with my limited experience with mods of this size, I'd say you must have miscalculated when you downloaded/installed the mod. The mod download itself is 1.3gb, but unpacked/installed it's over 2gb.
    And Windows is notorious for releasing all sorts of crap on you if you don't have AT LEAST 2gb of free space at all times.

Good luck ;)

• Sure and Ty guys always 60% of free space in C partition(50gb) ;).
    My old PC is a very slow, also if something happen with connection while downloading in a last few seconds, some files fail (as Mich said b4)

I just express my feelings in previous post :)... and unfortunately for some, last night i was able to download and install all-successful :D

• You also need a temporary mempory which the PC use while downloading, activating, and the mod, once activated on the game, makes 3.8 GB on 4.1 GB counted the second way.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• hey, we prefer Ryder ook than FL Hook :D

no kills, no bounty, no anything except inviting with old, lost codes and manual features :D Oh, and fun in groups ^^