I need help!!!!!

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}.

• I was going to test all systems of the mod but ive a major problem. Lack of time.

So I need one player with much time that helps me.
    I can set up a Test Server and give you the password for it. If only one player is online the test result are at least 100% correct. Thats why it has to be tested on that server.
    It will be online from 5pm GMT till 6am in the morning.
    I need a player with MUCH time that can test every CF system and every station.

I have created an excel sheet containing detailed information about what needs to get checked.
    Ill be able to give you more than enough money for the tests. 2 chars (one a ragnarok for the system tests since its faster than all other ships).

What has to be tested?
    All CF systems (about 100) -> if they run stable
    this requires to explore all asteroid fields and nebulas of this system (thats why you get the ragnarok).
    All jumpgates/jumpholes in that system have to be tested aswell.

All CF stations -> can you dock at those stations? can you undock from these stations when you have bought the commodities sold there? can you buy the ships at these stations and undock/dock with them?
    Can you take missions?

All errors should be reported to me asap.
    I seriously need help with that... these are the final error sources for crashes and i can only fix them if the systems get tested.

Meanwhile i will prepare the next update containing fixes for all reported problems that have not yet been fixed.

I also need 3 ppl testing the singleplayer campaign for problems and one guy which tests if the OpenSP is working.

The results of these tests will make the mod 100% stable.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• do you have a messenger?
    msn? icq?
    if so add me
    gen1mds@hotmail.com or #116193724

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok - ill be online in about 3 hours
    then you will get the excel file and your chars

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Op ive completed the single player campaign, didnt find any problems apart from one or two docking incidents (bumping into doors), though i was able to buy a trident in trafalgar after mission 4 which has level 8 shield and makes it a fair bit easier.

• I tested the Open SP and works.
    The SP is checked by kyal, and the rest who made the SP Story.
    And the one player that already started testing the systems and all is ghostman.

So the job is done(and for ghostman being done)... so tomorow we could see if the server will stop crashing like that after the patches :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I don't have so much time but in Saturday & Sunday I will have the whole days free if you want ,.. until Saturday & Sunday , I have like .. 5-6 hours free each day

If Ghostman can do it much faster... let's hope so then.. and if you also need my help, just say the word

(And I've also added you on my MSN)

• Ghostman already started his work some hours ago, so has some hours doing his work... and yes he has all night free :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Sorry guys test havent started yet .. been trying to connect to test server for over 2 hrs this afternoon .. now test and beta server dont show up ??
    when i can connect will stay at it until test is done .

• I do not understand why all systems should be tested. With what MR. Swat would propably do they? I do my with FL: Explorer and then i test if there is no "added" things in ini of the system. Then it should work flawlessly. Or I am amissing something improtant here that could bring any hard work down?

Lone Developer of Siderian Commonwealth for FL: Expanded Universe. Avoid contact if hostile.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. He did not avoided contact with me
    (" )_(" ) Now is kept as hostage . Remember his example.

In battle, one must adhere to one's beliefs

• I also have 100% free time if you ever need anymore players to help test at all, please feel free to ask, my offer is always there for you.

Originally posted by Radowoj Lichtsyn
    I do not understand why all systems should be tested. With what MR. Swat would propably do they? I do my with FL: Explorer and then i test if there is no "added" things in ini of the system. Then it should work flawlessly. Or I am amissing something improtant here that could bring any hard work down?

yeah u miss something important
    FLE sux (it often is source of errors)
    i code by hand and none of the existing error checkers have found any errors but still the mod is crashing
    Tools are stupid... if you want it working then do it without tools.

however ghost was not able to connect to the test server and ive no idea why.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The servers dont show up in the list. Seen it befoe at 6 pm. but both down now.

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• I remember seeing the Test server about 6, or 8 GMT... with the password. But I couldn't see any ping... it was saying like '????' as it was rebooting but still there, or Stuck. Like the normal server was doing for some minuts before dissapearing from the list to appear again.

OP, may there's something in operative system coding on FL ? As the server crashes appear with players in different places, or it could be that somebody is repeating a thing without reporting... or the systems are filled with bugs, or there's a bug in the program that reads stuff. Maybe those options of different particles, or others... can make errors at reading some other stuff... heh, sry but I couldn't help more (more exact/clear reports) without testing.