Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

Originally posted by Inferno
    bug:
    - holoprojector from New Mekka isnt working
    - when killing rheinland cruisers near BS Bismark in Utopia, server is crashing. Happened 3 times (yeah, 3 server crashes) by now. Im not sure if the problem is in the same cruiser, but as soon as possible, ill check it out.

holoprojector is working now
    checking the cruisers now

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok - i could not test the cruiser yet but will do it soon

just in case the server is still crashing (not sol related) I have prepared another update which i would activate tomorrow (i dont want to do it before i know how the server is running atm)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• From what i've seen so far it seems the Ancients cant be damaged by Missile or Sunslayer Torps, i scored 5 direct hits with 3 firestalkers and 2 sunslayers, with his sheild down, he was still flying around i swear i could see the little enemy pilot smiling at me too through his tinted cockpit glass!!.

• in case of ancients i am sure that they take missile fire coz it was the only way i could kill them when they attacked in large groups

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• kusari dest - turret view camera should be little further away from the ship (in order to check the holo and for better attack view)

and thx for the holo :-))))) looks crazy !!

Originally posted by Inferno
    kusari dest - turret view camera should be little further away from the ship (in order to check the holo and for better attack view)

and thx for the holo :-))))) looks crazy !!

in case of the holoprojectors i would advise to use the cockpit view

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ OP, I have tested color blind option with several different hu and particle color combinations...glad to report.....color blind option works perfectly :D

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

Originally posted by Marauder
    @ OP, I have tested color blind option with several different hu and particle color combinations...glad to report.....color blind option works perfectly :D

good

+
    basilisk fixed
    + updates done to the client version

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I went to the Utopia system and to the Dervon system today to test the cruisers and the ancients

1. In Utopia cruisers are working fine and can get destroyed without any probs
    2. in Dervon I had no problems to fire missiles at ancient drones (they were taking normal damage)
    3. in Dervon i checked all large stations and also the drones... I experiences no freezing of my game nor any performance losses (the system is working absolutly fine)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• server is running today with around 30 players and no crashes for meanwhile 4 hours
    i guess the mod is on a good way now

ill download the serverfiles again and start working on the lag reduction kit for CF

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

2. in Dervon I had no problems to fire missiles at ancient drones (they were taking normal damage)

Just tested and can confirm. Missiles do normal damage to ancients shield and hull.

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.

• Well, after OP got kicked by cheating detection, the server got on red lag, and now the server is stuck, with few people in it :D

And I have cool screenies with OPgetting kicked from the server, heh xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• that wasnt me
    i already was offline for an hour

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• bug: Osiris has a cruise speed od 550

about kusary: i know its tricky to use turret view + holo, but in this case i really dont mind about the holoprojector appearence in turret view. i suggested to put the focal point little furter away from the ship, because its hard to use turret view while fighting (makes its pretty hard to target the enemies)

• read the changelog again
    capital ships have higher speeds

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    that wasnt me
    i already was offline for an hour

Well, that's what I thought, as I saw you logging off, but I didn't remembered to see you logging on. But watching this... maybe you discover the reason of the weird crash if it wasn't meant to be so.

I was using low performances on this 1.81 to be sure Idon't bug somehing... or myself heh.

here is what I saw, after a minute the server went down in crazy lag:

PS: Seems the forum resized this image too, open it in new window for a full watch.
    PS2: Those words you see there I typed a minute ago, and appeared all at once, as normal for this type of crash.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis