Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Some minor errors.

Hefei Ore Refinery ships Persephone and Scirocco have same preview picture, and P-7 Razorback have no icon.

Noticed same infocard errors as Marauder

Planet Abadan system Nedjet

same

Planet Uyghur system Kalinin
    Planet Damaskos system Meshhed
    Planet Tadssest - system Pyrddra
    Planet Strevum - system Pyrddra

And Adv.brigandine MK2 shield have same infocard error.

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.

• So... the server is on redlag... I waited logged out, on the server list... waited the number of people get low, and it got until 0 atm lol, sometimes it's 1 or 2 then back 1 and 0. The sever is doomed, but it's still there... it needs a manual restat plz.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i patched the server today and at least it does not seem to crash anymore
    however i constantly get a ctd when entering sol now (which i dont understand)
    this system is really starting to piss me off

well im downloading the current server files to my laptop and do some tests on it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• equipment for capital ships are bought somewhere else

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ah where?May I ask? hrm since you re on this Topic, I know I asked before but I CAN'T GET IT off my brain xD Can I!(If not can I get it with a faction? CSF ) get a CSF fighter mate? or Cap or whatever just one. And I wont change it with ASF fighters or anything

• Okay, ASF and CSF are not factions - better say it`s a main RP sides - Alliance Star Fleet which presented next clans - BG, DC, CFPD,IOC, PX, MN and freelancers-veterans see here and CSF -Confederated Strike Forces with SMG, LP, Fallen, TRF, and skilled freelancers. You can meet ASF and CSF npc ships, but real action between real players, ofc. And you cannot buy ASF or CSF ships.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Turret on 'Nike' doesnt move. It only fires to the rear right hand side of the ship, about a 45 degree arc. Im selling it again now.

edit:
    Sold Nike to Buy 'Whirlwind'. When you buy it you get a class 8 sheild fitted even tho it says you can only fit class 7 max. Will try a Class 10 sheild on it next. Can also use the Sheild Gen. :))

Sold this for a Cheetah, this also has the same problem as the Whirlwind with the sheilds.

Sold this for the Dissolver, this ship has same problem again, sheild is supposed to be class 5 you get a class 8 installed when you buy.

Sold this for a Zorro, also same problem as above with Sheild.

Personally i think these ships need a class 9 shield anyway. I know for sure i will not be using them.

• yeah ill take a look at it
    im preparing the next patch now and that is already +700mb big
    im not releasing it through the launcher but will put a new mod download online updating the server to version 1.81

that appears to be the best solution now
    all the minor probs will get fixed with that update (which i want to release this weekend)
    the first part of the server version of that patch is already online and it appears that the server is much more stable now
    however this was just the first part of that patch and there is still a problem with sol that i want to fix until the final release

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• So, the 1500 files bugged from that tool, will get fixed together with repoted bugs ? cool ^^

Singleplayer found bugs:

-- Small bug:

The tradelanes goes a side, but the lane(the object) is directed to another side and producing a tunel that goes to a direction, but it moves to another heh.

LP haven't reported this yet ? xD

-- Bretonia destroyer and Liberty cruiser infocards tell about 15 and 7 respectively total turrets, but they both have just 5 normal turrets+2 flaks, the bug is at the Bretonia one then.

Also had one CTD when selectin Liberty Cruiser before buying.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• too much time wasted for something that was never meant to be a part of FL... too hard to balance and too much resources spent... and it's boring playing with'em anyway...

...i'm talking about capital ships/gunboats/destroyers

• Que-irtor gun cant be droped to space, only sell or transfer. All other alien guns is ok.

This device supose to be holoprojector but name is with error

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.