Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• heh, then you won't touch DK Systems anymore... :( (with any other new fighter :P )

Also will there be a new version of CF 1.8, to be downloaded when the bugs are over ? Or we keep loading the patches :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I won't touch anything anymore.. and don't turn this f*cking thread into a spam one

• Yes. All old stuff has been done away. there is now a clean slate for EVERYONE! it was best that OP_R8R start EVERYONE off with nothing from 1.7 so that the new systems and the revamped older systems on the map didn't have to take for ever to re do with all the things that are compatable with what your current online char's had. it was sad for me when i had over 1,000,000,000 credits but that is life.

Win if you can, Loose if you must but NEVER cheat!
    and always remember...If at first you don't succeed . . . destroy all evidence you ever tried...i mean...skydiving is not for you...let me try again...blame someone else (shows good political skills)...well last try...look to the OP to fix your mistake...never mind I give up...jk

Your ally in the fields of battle and trade,
    Mikelj84606 =^_^=
    Namaste

• Mikej, I believe he meant a new cleaner version of the 1.8 once the bugs are flushed out. As bugs have been found and nuked of late, it's been patches that have solved our problems. Giving a brand new file free of (most) of the bugs ensures that new players won't start with a flawed copy or have to wait forever for it to update and fix.

Michael

I know it's not my say really, but I would hope so. Having a bugged up DL file is sure to mean people uploading bad files elsewhere. Besides 1.8 is in beta, so I would think that there would be an actual release like an RC later on.

Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions
    and great wizards of emerald cities, I find it
    hard to believe there is no paperwork involved
    when your house lands on a witch.
    - Dave James

:tongue:

• meh, don't worry about the $$, the best fun are the new systems parts, alien races, all improoves.. etc ^^

Vyss had over 20-30 Bill, Ihad arround 10 Bill... many were rich, but no one was really sad for them when checking this NEW game ^^

Also, thx Falcon :) it's what Ithought.... but the master is the one who can approve or deny heh

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• OP , what do you say about an ingame name changig card ? i know ... you dont want to copy other mods (that was Discovery idea) but maybe something similar ?

• nope - that only creates problems and gets abused

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Can anyone please split the crossfire 1.8 mod and upload on n site like rapidshare, 4shared, or any sharing site. I am unable to download files as big as 1.3gig. Please if anyone can split it into 13-100mb files. I would really appreciate it. Thanx in advance.

• this will not happen

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hey OP you can ask Discovery for that idea of name changing and /givecash commands or something I know you aren't in good relation with Disco but its worth a shot :P , PS Probably you wouldn't do this because then you give them credits and you want this mod to be original

• and what if i dont want a givecash and namechanging feature on my server ... because that is exactly the case

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• More people would benefit if you are able to split the file in 100mb chunks, then more people would be able to download your great mod and then there will be more votes on moty for you. But its ok. I just thought of it because some people have limited time on the internet or very slow internet speeds to download such a big file. I guess i will just have to wait a few years to play cf1.8 like most other of your biggest fans. Thanx for letting me know that you cant split it. Maybe you can write the mod on a disc and send it via post. I will pay for the postal charges? Please let me know if this is posible.

• I downloaded the file with IDM but now the mod wont install. it gives me these errors.

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\li_hatcher_body.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\_li_hatcher_body.dfm')
    3574 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\_pi_pirate5_head.dfm')
    4984 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\pl_trent_body.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\_pl_trent_body.dfm')
    1655 files restored and 4 directories deleted
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Users\MCTDK\Desktop\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\_pi_pirate5_head.dfm')
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\trentbody.dfm.flmmbak' to 'F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\pl_trent_body.dfm')
    4987 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\trentbody.dfm.flmmbak' to 'F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\bodies\pl_trent_body.dfm')
    5069 files restored and 0 directories deleted
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm.flmmbak' to 'F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\_pi_pirate5_head.dfm')
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm.flmmbak' to 'F:\freelancer\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\_pi_pirate5_head.dfm')

Can someone please help..

• and if you're using Vista, you need to make sure FLMM is running as an administrator. also, when you double click CF181.exe, right click instead and click "run as admin...".
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• OP, the mod is ready to be released on bigger communities such as moddb ? or still waiting to be fixed some minor bugs wich lead to server crash ?

• still busy but it was released on moddb already

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• heh lol i didnt checked the site ... anyways i expect more players to join and understand the current status of the server .