Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• ppl are using corrupt installations and false versions
    there is nothing i can do against that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• so if somebody wants to crash the server for whatever reason, he just comes online with a wrong version and crashes the server

if this is the case i don't know how can we continue playing without 5 minutes brakes in every 20 minutes....

edit: crash 15:53
    crash 16:00

• I CAN NOT CHANGE THAT

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• No.... these crashes are caused by " NOT RESTARTING THE GAME AFTER A CRASH OR A RESTART FROM THE LAUNCHER " .. they just wait to get in .. without to restart their games!!!!!!!!!!

How do you think all of these ppl gets in the server so fast!?

Edit: Oh.. I didn't see that OP posted first.. ^^

• such a restart is not neccessary since the dynamic server features are not running atm

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hey OP, would it be possible to set the server up to be able to detect if someone is using the first, corrupt download of 1.8, and if detected force an update that downloads all the files that were missing from it, and then afterwords, download the updates that were added yesterday?

• Now in clear english please? O_O

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• this was my first thought to solve the problem, tho im not sure whether it is possible to do or not

or maybe come online and do a server wide message to all the people to redownload the mod...

• I installed Freelancer (got it from Monova, using that .img for the past 4 years ^^). I installed Freelancer Mod Manager. I installed CF 1.8 in FLMM folder. I applied CF 1.8. I launched Freelancer.

Now, after 2 days after the installation, I launched Freelancer. Downloaded ~60 files (very fast). I'm able to play.

Maybe that guy's Freelancer was indeed corrupt.

--

So, OP, I'm expecting you to ANSWER : Will we have to download Crossfire again? Or the updates will be downloaded via Launcher? Why didn't you upload it to ModDB as well then?

• what you expect is also something i dont really care about... this is not your wishing well

The download is not available at moddb because of stupid people doing stupid stuff and ignoring clear instructions

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I don't understand your reasons for not publishing it on ModDB... I thought you want the server to be more populated.

2 crashes in <5 minutes. SERVER IS REBOOTING (that's what it says on the portal). Are you fixing the server, OP, or are they just crashes?!

• OP , are all the CF features on ? or they will be added soon when its stable and posted on Moddb too (the mod) ?

• [SIZE=3]DEAR OP[/SIZE]

I'm playtesting on normal singleplayer with the now 3rd download from 08.01.10.

Just a suggestion:
    perhaps you could post somewhere, perhaps on a extra thread, everytime when you have updated the download. ( Or works the update on the launcher also for singleplayer, when something has been changed ? )

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• If you are connected to the i-net then also the singleplayer gets updated.

BTW. Patch 3 has just been released:
    - it will fix a crash bug in the scotia system (thx to forsaken for pointing out that there is a problem with that sys)
    - it does fix a sur problem with the lagg
    - the swashbuckler got resized to hopefully be able to dock at all stations now (i actually could not reproduce this error since this ship did even dock at dock3 on trenton)
    - the main cheat protection routines got applied
    - a redundant system zone got removed
    - a launcher update protection got applied (the launcher should now not be able anymore to go back to version 1.6)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well i'd like to say that despite all those previously mentioned problems i was having a great time :D
    been playing 1.7 for years waiting for this new mod to come out, and now its here and i dont care even if it is a bit buggy