Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Oh, right, I forgot you can't do that unless docked. Silly me ^^ long time no SP :P .

OP, how about the resolution thing? And my idea about cursors/menu/HUD previews? ;:D

And how about the server? The Open SP sucks, you can't choose where to spawn, you can't choose your money or rep... :(

• you never have been able to.

well my question has been answered, the server is down not to worry.

Op i am finding X3042 and the arena have a white back ground, can i adjust my settings to resolve this or do i need a new computer?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
    [85] [731]

• old graphic card
    use compatibility mode

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OP, I don't know why, but the systems look... odd :| .

When I select a star, I cannot see the distance, because of the light of the star. Try for example the star in New York, you'll see. Or perhaps it's because of the settings I've chosen during the activation?!

And, the other things look odd... Maybe it's because of the resolution (here I ask you ONE MORE TIME, hopefully the last : HOW TO HAVE 1440x900?). I don't know how to explain it, but they don't look as clear as they did on CF 1.7 or Discovery 4.85. I say again : may be from the resolution, or the settings I've chosen? I choosed the highest settings ^^ .

--

So, OP, you're going to upload the mod AGAIN, after you finish it? That's too bad! I have been waiting 30 minutes to download, then <5 minutes to install + ~5 minutes to activate! + 7 days! :P Perhaps you can integrate the modified as well in the launcher, so the game will just update itself? :D

One more thing I'm puzzled about : the main menu. I hate the buttons!
    Oh, one MORE thing : please, if you're going to fix those bugs... perhaps you can do so that the wormhole (in case you don't know, the jump gate/hole travel) will look more... Well, the white light in front of you while travelling isn't nice. Try putting it further, so we can see further in the tunnel :D . I hope you know what I mean.

Last and most important : please do so that when we activate the mod we can choose the money in Open SP and the reputation (Neutral/Friendly/Hostile to all) :D like you did in CF 1.7. Please! That was the best!!!

• i know what you mean and i wont do such changes because the current look is the best

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OP, please answer all of my questions (if you know what I mean). I also asked about the resolution and the sun issue. You haven't answered me :( .

== the part ABOVE those two lines (--).

• uhmm OP im experiencing something odd at the mod activation ... when i select the mod and hit activate it appears that mod settings table ... well its blank ! i mean all 2 rows and columns are white , except when i hit rondomly on the second column i can select some things like .... character selection , outfit etc...

btw im using flmm 1.31

• never seen something like that before
    try running flmm as admin and as winxp mode (maybe that will help)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It all turns out white for me too, however if you click on the box area that you make your selection, it shows a drop down box with all the things you can select from, just choose one.

• hmm.... unusual bugs, but most of them may be based on the PC's status or installation status (of FLMM, XP, FL... :D ) cus to many it works great :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I guess my problems aren't so important anymore. You said it will work on higher resolutions (such as 1440x900). Forget the too-shiny-sunny-sun-upon-click. I just want 1440x900. Can anybody tell me how to do that?

I already tried Right Click -> Properties, change to "path" -d1440x900. It doesn't work. It worked on Discovery 4.85, and if OP said it will work on CF, I don't see any other way of doing it, since it isn't in the game menu.

• just a suggestion, you should update the very first post in this thread, so that people like me who want to download the mod and try it out can easily:

A)Do that
    B)know that as of this date[insert date here]the mod is not available for download.

You stated you would update the thread, but aimlessly searching through these 8 pages I found a link last night to download the mod, my ISP crashed, and today the link that was there was there now says "link removed by admin" with no reason or explanation, and there is no DL link.

Also, I would suggest to try to update the main crossfire webpage, with the same information.

I mean right on the homepage it has nothing about your new awesome 1.8 mod.

Anyways, I'm not complaining, just making some suggestions for this particular thread and the main webpage.

Also to ask WHERE I can DL this mod Tee-Hee.

• I want y'all to see this, faster, easier, without having to look through all these 8 pages for nothing (since OP deleted the link you were probably looking for).

So, HERE IS THE LINK [SIZE=4]LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN - USE THE DAMN DOWNLOAD AREA[/SIZE] . I had a hunch it will get deleted again, so I pasted the URL into a .txt. Just tried the download again, and it works, so you can download it. But I'm telling you, OP deleted the previous link for a reason. He must fix the mod a bit, and he will upload it again (hopefully won't have to delete further links AGAIN >.> if you know what I mean). So, until then, THIS IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME. This is still buggy, until the final release, which will be uploaded by OP, soon, we hope.

Sorry, couldn't make the text bigger. I am not used to THIS kind of (may I say c**ppy) BB Code.
    Oh, for cry out loud, if I want to make it Bold, Hyperlink or to change its size/colour etc., I have to insert some freaking text. I had to input it myself (SIZE=... etc.). That's why I said this kind of BB Code is c**ppy.

• when i have some time... that will be in several weeks then i will update the crossfire site
    until then my announcements on this forum and on moddb are valid which means that the download is available at the SWAT Portal download section just like all other downloads.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• it seems that the server is rebooting for a while... right when there were 3 players in Sol.

At last that's what's sayign the CF site... "SERVER IS REBOOTING" on red... and at the server list Isee it with ???? ping and 0 players.

And I was sitting in NL for a while, taking to some old friend hehe

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• dunno what the prob is with the server not restarting correctly (it was running all the time the past 53mins but it did not appear to online)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The server is crashing a lot... is it because of Sol? .. I just bought the train and... I am kinda trapped in there ;/

• this is looking awful... not that the server isn't workign now (it worked for 1 minute and crashed again forall... instantly, like a kick), but that the server may have something unknown, or that... when Crysis was in Sol, he crushed the sever ? dunno... anyway weird.. I had time to speak a little with him, keeping docked, and pawn, server connection out :/ 30 secs ago