May I ask something about SP?

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bullwinkle.

• sorry, I'm full of questions hehe.

Anyway...
    Because I couldn't find any clue after finding location of Hieron, I couldn't proceed anymore. Are there any clues?

Refering CF wiki, finally I found next box and sold it at SOL - It was very very long and hard journey. Dom'kvash world so big and scary!!

And there are no changes in news or rumors.
    So... what I should do? or It is the end?

Hyperspace warpgate. It is most scary! It looks like strongest.
    How can I jump into?

• What exactly is your question, anyway?

1. You want to know what you should do after finding all boxes?
    -No clue on that. Could be uninstalling...

2. You want to know how to jump to Hyperspace (Dom'Kavash homeworld)?
    -From what I remember, the hypergate is opened only once a week (if that rule still stands). When the hypergate shoots you down, that means it's closed. When it doesn't shoot you, you can come closer and jump :) .
    Or, you could engage your own hyperdrive engine (after you manage to implement it in the game code) and pray to God he'll give you the required (insanely huge) ammount of power to reach the Dom'Kavash homeworld by hyperspace ^^ . ROFL!

• There are three black boxes in the systems controlled by the Dom'Kavash. They are on the wrecks of Rhineland scouts. After finding those boxes you will have to wait until the release of CF 1.8 continues the storyline. :)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Michael, you should know that Star Wars doesn't have ships with greater speed than the ones we now have. Star Trek's warp sucks :) :P .

• Whoa, did he just say 5 Black boxes?!? I have the same problem here, I de-coded the encrypted message and the only thing I found was a jumpgate and a emergency becon that would not give up anything, my shots went straight through it. Now i've got nothing to do...

Well anyway, my Titan is busy shredding BadGuys and enemies alike, i've managed to get a hold of the Coalition Gattling Guns oh yea!

Wait till the next time somebody knocks me outta my jumpgate its so on!!

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    so the secret missions r the part of the storyline? cool.i goota go to C-4 in sol.it that a part of the storyline?So this kind of storyline is called a passive story line,right?

Yes.

Adding cut scenes and dialog has been difficult for Freelancer modders, which is why most other mods do not attempt to advance the vanilla Freelancer story line.

Crossfire is different -- the addition of "Quests" extends the story line without cut scenes. AFAIK, Crossfire is unique (as of this date) in the innovation of Quests.

Quests are a combination of News, Rumors, Secret Storage Containers, Black Boxes, Neuro-Net "Info" (F9) infocards, and other Freelancer objects that offer clues to solving a series of puzzles. You know all of those stickies at the top of this forum? The short stories? If you read the first one, it will partially explain the idea behind the short stories and the quests. The short stories are designed to work with the quests -- in order to give the player a deeper understanding of what is happening in the game.

Quests are brilliant in their simplicity. They are so obvious in hindsight yet Crossfire is the first mod to use them. Quests are an excellent example of creatively "thinking outside the box".

Hopefully other mods will follow Crossfire's leadership (with their own, original, material, of course!).

Hellraiser: Yes, the puzzle that leads you to Sol is a Quest. But coordinates or other spoilers belong in the "Spoilers" forum. Sometimes people need a hint, but not the complete solution.

voxxraiden: You are soooooo close! If shooting the emergency beacon did nothing then you will have to try something else.

Hint #1: Have you ever seen an Emergency Beacon before? Did you try pressing F9 to see whether the Neuro-Net knew anything about it?

Hint #2: There is at least one other clue in Crossfire (perhaps more) that requires pressing F9, or clicking the (i) button, to read the Neuro-Net info about the object.

@Radu4Moto: The GMG Hypergate can be entered in SP. It requires following the Quests.

Rafaelo: Yes, there is more to do. I got stuck at the same point and had to go back to a previous save game and replay some of the Quest clues in order to find the next step. There are several clues telling you to follow Jack Blinch's trail, but it is not obvious what to do when you get there.

Hint: The clues direct you to Omega-41. Have you found all of the secrets there?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

what exactly is the spoilers form?
    is it for all the hints on quests?

I see that you found the Freelancer Spoiler Forum

A "spoiler" is a complete answer to a puzzle in an adventure game. It is called a spoiler because it can spoil (or ruin) your fun, since figuring out the solution to the puzzle is an important part of the game.

Most players only look for a spoiler when they have already tried everything that they can think of. Even then, they usually want a hint before getting the final solution.

People ask for hints here but, if you want the full solution (like the exact coordinates) then that belongs in the spoiler forum. It is mainly a courtesy to other readers of the forum (who may not be as far along in the game as you are).

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• wiki answer?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    wiki answer?

EDIT: If you are suggesting that I put my response about Quests into a wiki, then, sure, I would be happy to! Just point me to the right place, and I will post it. Or, if you want to post it, that's fine, too.

Otherwise, I do not understand what you are asking. Sorry!

A) To which person (or topic) are you replying?

2) What are you trying to say?

If you are asking whether a wiki would be helpful, then, yes, it would.

If you are referring to the Crossfire Database, then it is out of date, the password is broken in SP, and it does not have the answers to these questions anyway. :)

I am not complaining about the Database... I am just pointing out that a single player may have difficulty using it.

I have not given anyone a direct link to the database because I do not know your intentions for it. If you want the database to be easier for people to use, then maybe we could give them the link? At least until the password is updated? It's your call.

If you are talking about something else entirely, then I am not understanding you. Perhaps I have missed something?

where do i go to become neutral to DK?

Hint #1: Maxbur told you "Utopia"

Hint #2: Maxbur is correct.

Hint #3: Maxbur was also correct the second time that he answered your question.

Do you see a pattern here?

Sorry... just kidding. I could not resist. ;)

Hint #4: You may want to go to Altair before you go to Utopia. It is not a requirement, but you may want some of the equipment that you can pirate from the Dom Kavash in Altair.

What do i do in altair for that sol Q

What do you do for the Sol Quest? You follow the clues.

You already have coordinates... what do YOU think that you should do?

some1 told me there is a Dimentional rift in XX that will take me to altair

I thought you said that you were going to post spoilers only in the Spoilers Forum?

Still teasing... it is not a huge big deal, but remember that others may read this thread in the future. Be considerate of those who do not have the coordinates yet.

what is a dimentional rift?

It is like any other dimensional rift in science fiction. It is a "doorway" between dimensions.

In the currently-most-popular-version of string theory, there are 11 dimensions. Some of them contain "stuff" that we cannot see or measure (dark matter and dark energy). Also, there is the possibility that time and distance may behave differently in other dimensions.

Therefore, one theory is that you might be able to enter an alternate dimension, take one step forward, then return to our 3-dimensional universe at an entirely different spot -- perhaps in a different solar system or even a different galaxy.

Now stop asking questions and go try it! :)