Starflier Team Death Match at tribunes

There are 44 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• Greetings all,

I may have the try, as the current manager of the normal TDM, to create a new event called Starflier TDM.

For more efficiency of the new event, I make this thread so any visitor bring his opinions and ideas.

The current settings of the Starflier Grand Melee are theese:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GLOW=red][SIZE=4] The Crossfire Starflier Grand melee event, also known as Starflier Team Death Match [/SIZE] [/GLOW]

Event Manager: Michael
    Date: Sunday at 8 PM servertime (type /time in the chat to see the servertime)
    Event duration: until 1 hour
    System: California, planet Los Angeles

Objective and How does it work:
    Each and every Sunday the CF starflier grand melee will be run. Two teams fight each other in California. The team with more kills is proclaimed winner. Teams are inter-clan, meaning that pirates, mercs, smugglers and cops usually fight alongside each other and Freelancers and new players are very, Very welcome to take part. This event is also usseful to train new players, also helping them with an ammount of credits for participating, even if they loose or win.

(It would be grateful if players that see this, or know about the server to announce each new players about it, it would bring them fun, and more motivation to keep playing ^^, for the good of the server, CF, and community. )

Rules:
    Only starfliers are allowed to take part (no exceptions)
    No Mines, nanobots or shield batteries.
    Killed players must return to the fight ASAP
    No suicide, no dockraping
    Selfkills are penalized (if possible xD)
    All participants may have to wear a minimum of 3 - 5 mill credit$, with exception of new players, that will get funded before the event.
    The only Shield to be mounted is the cheap lvl 2 one sold at the same location as the event, planet LA in Calif.

Prize money:
    Varies, usually 5 million $ per member of the defeated team and 20 million $ per member of the winning team.

More info:
    ~~ The Starflier EM char will wear[in cargo for participants](just in case) the best weaponry that starflier can use. Anything that starflier can use is accepted, shields, weapons, armors, licenses... , except mines (anyway they just make lagg and do no damage at that lvl).
    ~~ The EM char will also be loaded with credits, and will donate at any participant new players that are low on credits, even if they are just new, or they used them on another char.
    ~~ As in the Objectives chapter, anyone is allowed, even lvl 1 ! newbies, that desire to play. They will be funded before the event starts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The system and location of the event is situated at Los Angeles, because in Texas there are problems with NPCs(too many, more chances to hit them), that at LA there are jsut police NPCs, so no CSF or pirates disturb the new chars (that some might not get bribed with Junkers, for being new). It's also chosen, because it's a place near NY, and easy to reach it.

This post is so anyone can vote for it, so it can be created, as it got requested by quite many players including experienced ones, as a new fun.

This post is also for anyone that can bring ideas to it...

So, any doubt's any opinions ? All positive ones are accepted ^^ :D

PS: The event would start next Sunday if it gets enough votes... some stuff has to be done before the event get available and legal :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Definitely sounds like it is worth a try, should be fun

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• Hmm... donations are accepted, but not necessary ^^ a point I forgot to tell.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• A Starflier TDM will show who has the skills in piloting a ship. However I think it may last a long time. ^^

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I hope so ^^
    The objectives of this event are many... like is said in the first post, bringing fun and motivateing new players to keep laying CF (after the event), even if it's their first minute in the server, to bring fun to all, remake friendship (it would be funny getting others in Starflier, and if you(any participant) get killed it won't look so bad :D ), bringing new prizes, funding new players, helping CF's server population increase, etc.

And as I'm already EM of the normal TDM, it would be no problem help with two TDMs, while it's for the good of all ^^

No need to say that if there are insults, those participants will get killed and kicked, anyway I will try that the athmosphere be the best, so no problems appear :)

• Can starfliers use shield upgrades, power generators or armor bonuses? If yes, will they be allowed?

I'm asking this because they may make the competition a little unfair especially for new players.

• Everything mountable on a Starflier ship is allowed - Btw, Michael, thanks for accepting my idea - I hope this event turns into a spectacle with a long tradition.

• I don't think shield upgrades can be mounted, anyway it just upgarde with few points... power generators would be nearly unusseful, and armor bonuses yes make a change.

All people are interested in this TDM for the low stats and easiness of killing ohtehr starfliers... and the speed of them. Armor upgrade maks them slower, and the rest yes, bring some differences and unfair things. I could have them in my cargo, so I could donate them to newbies, but I think it's better that all starfliers have just weapons, tractor beam and a normal shield mounted, also CMs if the decision of the ones voteing here desires that starfliers are allowed to mount missles.

EDIT: Diablo, I just took the system location from your idea, because I heard more asking for it :) (even if some of them weren't talking with me heh) the idea was running arround the server, until now. And I made a full scale even statistics with the ideas of others, and my adds.

People here can vote also if starfliers will be allowed or not to mount anything... bring your(anyone) vote clear plz :)

And hope OP will accept this idea, so it can be made real until next weekend.

• In my opinion missiles and CM's should not be allowed, just for the pure fun of gun fighting.

About armor.. I think they shouldn't be allowed at all, instead of checking each participant if they have or not and supplying armor to the ones who don't own it.

It's the lack of hi-tech and powerful stuff that would make this competition fun. For both older and newer players.

Note: Armor could be a prize of the event perhaps?

• The only problem is that starflyer is too agile and it will be too hard to hit (some players will evade all the time)

So (imo) Why don't we use defenders instead?

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• The fun of it, also as I heard, is the leak of hi-tech as darkomen says...the lowest class, easyer to kill and best at evadeing ship ever.

The ship is definately Starflier... also in honor of poor Juni that once gifted that ship, and died generations ago xD

Well, for the moment I expect votes/opinions about to shields and armors be allowed or not, and about the event :)

• Good idea for a event , just a few points ..
    If using a starflier , use the same as when u join the game .. no new sheilds or thrusters .. guns only .. up to lvl 3.
    Might need more time for the event thou as an evading starflier is so hard to kill .

Rhineland Banshee LF might be a good choice to , again basic off the shelf configuration .. but wider choice of weapons up to lvl 7 .

Could even use a Rhino freighter , again same off the shelf configuration , but guns of your choice .. more kills more fun .. even for new players to .

• Imo best would be: Basic Starflier. No armors/shield upgrades & such. Only Shields/weaponry allowed, which can be bought within the NY system. (I always wanted to try Barragers in pvp combat) Then the next TDM would be with another low-lvl ship. Chosen at random, by an EM. This time - Starflier, Next - Rhino and so on. (Dagger... Giggidy ^^)

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Well, since this morning, due to the objectives of this event, I have free hands and full support from OP to make this new event real, as I think better for all, and the server, and I take the opinions of the majory, after passing them by a neutral filter, abou it's reasons, utility, efficiency and athmosphere.

The ship for the event will sill be Starflier, most wanted it since a while ago, and actually as it's the fastest, weakest ship, there are needed skills to take others down and win the event. Even new players may not have the skills enough, they still get training, prizes, teamwork, new friendships, good athmosphere that brins obedience to the rules, in the best of the situations.

>>>Extra statements<<<

The equipment that a Starflier can wear, is nearly solved. Any weapon that starflier can mount except missles are allowed. The starflier won't wear any armor, shield upgrade, no weight reducers can be mounted (anyway),no power gen, as some participants couldn't buy them, (anyway 50 % of starflier energy is nearly nothing, useing the energy you have wisely in the good moments also is a skill), no missle launchers neither ammo, as some would complain about server lag and that missles are not targeting...(anyway a lvl 3 gun is beter than a lvl 3 missle, it can do more damage) , no better thrusters than "Advanced Thruster" of 6K $ that is sold everywhere, and any participant can be ready fast.

Shields are the thing to be decided... we will check the TDM without shields, then I will pass the best lvl 3 shilds that Starflier can mount, and see which of them works better... Shields can make killing another harder... but the ones killing another Starflier with shield would show better skills... even not wearing shields would make the kills grow up a lot, even it's mostly a thing of luck who makes the last shot and takes the kill of the target, if there are more on one.

In my current knowledge of opinions about this event, the majory choose, as I had in-game replyes, of other people that preferred to stay out of posting here, and others that didn't saw this thread yet, but talked about the idea, before this happened.

The Starflier TDM Event Manger char is functional now.

And so the normal TDm Event manager char. Hope to see many of you there today, there wasn't any TDM for a good while heh

EDIT: @ Bond, it takes me 50 seconds to scan 10 players (and people may whine more that somebody has better upgrade or missle that him or others), and it takes 10 minutes for Each player to take down(kill) with lvl 3 weps some extra armors, shields and upgrades.... I and many here think the simple way is the shortest for all, and more efficient. The decisions were made by general opinions, and majory of them.

• and even though the mines would create lag, it would be very fun to have so many mine kills :D:D