Starflier Team Death Match at tribunes

There are 44 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• heh, mines are the most dangerous... as a Starflier can hold Dual Mines... actually, not sure... there are things in favor and things against. For now better not, but we can make a try. All participants of the first Starflier TDM on next Sunday 8(or if it's better 7) PM server timewill be beta testers at some issues, and try things they never tryed in a starflier ! :D

And I will participate in the event myself... for beta testing like all the others there :D I wear the items that may be needed for the tests in a store for that EM char.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

(and people may whine more that somebody has better upgrade or missle that him or others), and it takes 10 minutes for Each player to take down(kill) with lvl 3 weps some extra armors, shields and upgrades....

listen dude, no problem with me i just think that maybe smb like to have more armor and weight and other like to be much more agile but lighter and vice versa

ofk i will accept decision by majority

I and many here think the simple way is the shortest for all, and more efficient. The decisions were made by general opinions, and majory of them.

one day you will have to face the sadly fact that majority...uh uh nm nm j/k/sarcasm*

keep on rolling Mich very good job so far [thumb]

• Weight reducers can't be mounted on a starflier lol, they can't be mounted neither on a Lagg... for the reason that they take more than 30 cargohold that small ships has, especially made so it ca't be mounted on small and agile ships to be more agile... as they could make some bugs... as the mass of Starflier is so small... it could make problems being smaller, or even negative :D

Armors make them heavyer, and slower.... you have double of Starflier's few bits of armor, but you have less handling and you are a easyer target.

The things decidedat this event are very well thaught, and the ones that has more things in favor and against, are to be decided by the beta testers next Sunday, so we don't just think them, also put in practice some that are harder to see which way is better.

And if you check deeper (think deeper) you will notice links between this, the past team Hyperspace trips I made in the past with PX, SFP and any others like pirates, and what's posted lately on the "Server's situation" thread...about new stuff and other stuff that unify players, to do something together as team and so on ;)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yep true about the amour ..but i dont want to shoot all day at someone with lvl 10 amour .. cus thats what it can carry .. plus lvl 3 weaps will you do diddly to it .. lets just leave it as basic what u buy from manhatten . but with lvl 3 guns .. that way everyones equal .. not just thous who can afford the upgrades ..

• Hmmm.... This sounds like much fun. Thx to Diablo and Michael. Will try to make it to the next contest.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Yes... we just have to decide how to organise the event. The opinions seem to be divided so far

• Not really... 80 % or more are prefering the idea of haveing simple Starfliers, just as newbies, so it can be fast, easy and fun.

And..

Originally posted by burro
    Thx to Diablo and Michael. Will try to make it to the next contest.

Does that means that Diablo is going to make donations ? heh j/k

• Whoo I hope I can make this event Sunday, I've already got a character and Starflier setup for the event. I've even managed to take out 3 squadrons of Liberty Rouges and 2 squads of Xenos in Starfliers tonight practicing for the event... :]

With all that said, I will say this, the event is going to run much longer than one hour.... Easily. 8o This will be more of a test of how long your wrists can hold out or how long it takes your fingers to go numb. ;( (I highly recommend some good wrist rests for your keyboard and a nice mouse pad with a integrated wrist rest like I use, if you're not using something similar already)

I barely even used any nanobots or shield batteries against the NPCs as well tonight, with a pimped out Starflier with just equipment and guns from all the nearby systems by New York... And surprisingly, you can put up quite a fight against most NPCs in the area than most people think with such a Starflier. :D 8)

• Yes, pure starfliers with basic New York equipment is probably the best... cuz if we allow allow the possible eq, then noobies with new chars still wont have the same conditions like the rest of us, and that was the primary goal of this event in the first place.

• Yep, it's fun hunting NPCs with something lower or same as them hehe
    When Iplayed the Demo version of this game when it appeared, the best ship Icould have were the ones oflvl 1 and 2 heh, I used Rhino with same weps as I have on my Starflier TDM EM now, until I killed about 3500 NPCs...

• I still have the savefiles from the Demo version :D on my other HDD. I got the demo free with a newspaper of games... I still have the CD with it :D

• Nop - pure lvl 18 character and the things you can buy in vanilla Liberty space.

• Actually, if you do not want to hold a license, you do not have to :D:D

Originally posted by SMG_Diablo
    Nop - pure lvl 18 character and the things you can buy in vanilla Liberty space.

However Diablo... If we're required to carry 10 million on our n00b character for this event, we definately won't be a "pure lvl 18 character" anymore either. Probably more near level 40 or so. This will most likely also require everyone to transfer funds from other characters on the server to the n00b character, for those who aren't new the server.

• Yes, there is an ammount of credits needed to participate... as you all(participants) will die a lot, you will need credits for the "100000 fine" thing.

I already cleared this issue on the first posts... the first one and the additional info one. Reading it would show no problems. The infos are compleete, and rules simple.

If you read those osts I said about, you see that all experinced(any older player that has more chars) has to bring credits with the Starflier char. And I also wrote that any newer player that can't afford that, will get fundings from me Before the event, and the same normal prize after the event.

Any problems with this ? People that has them brings them, people who don't, gets them. And hope you don't need to trick me to get extra 10 mill lol, I can notice who is new enough, anyway it's not worth.

• Lol and why would we have to have 10mil for the event? FTW? We need 500k tops even for full missile combination

• Mainly for the ammount of credits you loose when you get killed... in Starflier without shields expect to die as 10 times in 5 minutes :D if there are many... but beta testers, the ones on next Sunday will be to test and choose one of the both ways... playing the event in it's both ways.

It's like an safety ammount so you don't get bankrupt to NY.