Freelancer Mod Studio (help requested)

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

• Hello dear freelancer modding community,
    I proudly present Freelancer Mod Studio 0.8 Beta.

Download here

So what can it do?
    It is intended to (at the very end) an all-in-one modding solution for Freelancer. Freelancer Mod Studio is written in C# and will be open source, therefor can be continued by anyone.

Help?!
    I need every help I can get especially from programmers otherwise I wont have enought time and the program will never be finished.

Beta?!
    This is a very early beta version of the program. It should be pretty stable but you cant do much currently. I published it as soon as possible because I hope that this would be good promotion and I can get some interested programmers onto the team. As a side node the .ini content is sorted by name which FL doesnt always like. The block/option order has to be changed inside templates.xml which is some work. If you want to contribute post me your changes that you made and tested. I already changed the order of the systems. Check it out!

Features?

• edit all different freelancer ini files in a visual editor
    • auto update
    • multilanguage

Plannet features?

• manage a whole mod with its files
    • create flmm files with xml-scripts
    • create notes (to-do's, reported bugs or things you just want to write down before you forget them)
    • display changes between the vanilla freelancer inis and the ones of the mod
    • edit universe and systems in a System Editor (3D would be possible but would take a lot of time - too much for a single developer)
    • generate files (for example systems_shortest_path.ini)
    • and much more

Once again I need help by some programmers (and you want that too because then you will get the program faster, better and more powerful).

Requirements for programmers: general programming experience and c# knowledge

I also would like to hear what you think about the project in general.

Official Homepage
    Official Forum

• you still have a long road to go

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• An all-in-one modding tool? That`s something i wanted for a long time :P

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• There are visual editors for some freelancer files, actually, just the modelling (2 and 3D ones) ones. But trying to make one tool that makes a visual appearance of any .ini file... is quite hard, the only visual changes that a tool can do to .ini files are to highlight some parts of them to make it (modding) eayer.

Even if you have many of the things you need, you can check Swat's downloading section, where are many interesting tools, from where you can have inspiration.

I would like to help you, but my RL keeps me very locked this year. Anyway you can find much support on this forum :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Sorry, just couldn't dl the files. However, as being an all-in-one solution, it interests me a LOOOOOT :P

Meh you know about my serious lack of time issues, so, I would like to ask 2 teh folks who actually dl'ed'n'tested the tool to give their impressions...

plz ^^

Also, I would like to ask to include a equip/commodities calculator, or model viewers, to really make this stuff an "FL All-In-One" solution. if you already included that, nvm, I even didn't enough time to read >.<

OT: just informing that on the previous 9 months I was busy. And now the things are going to be even busier. It's just me or 40-hour days would be better btw?

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]