Discovery Mod/Community

There are 104 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

• As a long-time "observer" or "lurker" if you will, of all things Freelancer over the years, since the Lancer's Reactor's early days, I'm sad to say... I'm sorry to see certain elements of the Discovery server and/or it's personel are effectively trying to undo what all the SWAT team and other constructive FL community members have done for Freelancer. As this gem of a dying breed of computer games, the ENTIRE community surrounding Freelancer MUST learn to unite, or they all will take the risk of eventually dying out altogether. I've witnessed the strife and downturn of The Lancer's Reactor in this way and it's dishearting to see this happen to the Freelancer community. The reason I say this is in my oberservations, the community as a whole is not getting a sufficent influx of new players to Freelancer to sustain it's communities indefinately due to it's age and other factors. If we don't learn to get along we all suffer eventually dying out and how soon is determined on how well we stay connected and how we get along. I've even recently noticed the current economic woes worldwide is causing an limited impact to the number of people normally on the server to this degree.(of course that could also be because of the coming release of Crossfire 1.8 ) Unfortunately, all too many times I see a small vocal minority of people screwing it up for the rest of us...

Personally, my life has enough drama to deal with without getting involved in all these debacles, it's why I'm primarily a lurker among the FL community. ;) I do pray however, that cooler, more intelligent heads will prevail and the rift between the Discovery community and the SWAT community and/or the rest of the FL community will heal so we can all devote our energy to something far more constructive.(like this mod, FreeWorlds and others like it) I do hope Igiss will get the courage and take the inititive to do what is necessary to root out the troublemakers for the good of all the FL community and make an effort to improve relations to his fellow FL community members and leaders, not just for the Discovery community's benefit.

SWAT-OP-R8R, I've played many, many mods for this awesome space sim/shooter,(unfortunately almost all of them were played off-line, except this one :D ) of which I feel is a dying breed of computer games, sadly. Of all the mods I've ever played, only ONE of them comes nearly close the amazing amount of work, sweat and tears you've obviously poured into this incredible mod.(and that other mod is Free Worlds, surprise, surprise) My kudos, thanks(from me and Wayne_Arkane for that matter) and blessings for all you've created in the Crossfire mod. Freelancer has a great chance of truly living on in the on-going evolution of the Crossfire mod, even without the prospect of a Freelancer 2 or something equal to it. I eagerly await the arrival of Crossfire 1.8. [w00t] Rawk on dewds, as you were.

• we will c

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    we will c

Typical OP - someone writes an essay and you only respond with 2 1/2 words :D

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    we will c

with these characters (not rly words imho :D ) he's saying "very nice from you part blablabla thanks a lot for the feedback, and it's this kind of ppl we need and blablabla..."

:D

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

Originally posted by Kadmus25
    i'm just a player and from my point of view after i played other mods i decided to play this one and i dont care what others think this is the best mod i have FL mod i have played. It does not mater wath other people are saing on forums in the end all that maters is that the people that decided to play this mod find it god enough for them to play it.

a) you're talking about which mod exactly?
    b) if you're talking about Disco, please read again all the posts of this thread 'till you realize we're discussing about too agressive "propaganda" and other methods of the Disco folks.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

• good that you guys understand me ^^

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• EDIT: censored :P sorry about the nature of it, just thinking of ideas :D

• I care
    illegal activities are not allowed at SWAT... so please drop that idea

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yeaah...

i'm helping some ppl around my country (i mean, ppl 1k km away ^^) to join the FL community, but on my way... legal way =P

Also click here...

• The Starport was talking about how they got FL to sell on places like Wal-Mart and Amazon, so that's a step forward I guess.

• I'm not sure if this is topic related, but I e-mailed Microsoft and they in turn telephoned me when I had sound problems, I also mentioned my ORIGINAL CD got damaged ( 3 cracks appeared on the edge of the disk ), as a result, they sent me a redistributable copy as they actually GIVE the game away with new PC packages from various computer stores.

This means, in my honest opinion, that Microsoft now see FL as "DEAD" which is why they no longer sell it.

Originally posted by phileditin
    as they actually GIVE the game away with new PC packages from various computer stores.

At least, new players. :tongue:

Back to the topic: more Disco propaganda saw around? or any discussion on their forums?

Also click here...

• I didnt check... I was purely working on CF
    but I will have a look soon

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Fire_Wolf_br

a) you're talking about which mod exactly?
    b) if you're talking about Disco, please read again all the posts of this thread 'till you realize we're discussing about too agressive "propaganda" and other methods of the Disco folks.

I'm talking about crossfire not discovery.

• huh ok, good :D

srry mate ^^

Also click here...

• any1 from US interested on buying a jewel box of FL and send for me via snail mail? (ofc i'll pay ^^)

Also click here...

• here we go again:

Discovery forum Mar 6 2009, 10:29 AM
    by Niezck

Has nobody told you people? The Disco dev team is actually working for Crossfire Mod now ...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,