Discovery Mod/Community

There are 104 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

Originally posted by Igiss

Ok, I apologize that someone named your project (or, rather, your request) little. Person who said it yet has nothing to do with our dev team, and one of our team modellers (Angel of Mercy) gave you a completely sensible reply. This wasn't a request for our ship. This was a request for Discovery modellers to make and re-skin custom ships for you, with "ASAP" included in the topic title.

Again, you judge the whole community by the response of one random person.

in my land there's a proverb: "the first impression is the one which stays".

yep, the "ASAP" i put was a way to make some1 to read that topic, preventing it from being forgot with no replies. also, the content of my first post didn't had any order i.e. "i need models and u must gimme!"

Angel replied well, but he/she, or any1, didn't said that the current Disco work could be used on other mods (it isn't nowhere on the mod package), otherwise i would just PM someone instead of asking on a topic.

Also, for a newbie on the forum, someone with 4.500 posts (less on that time, ofc) would more or less have some knowledge on respect with newbies on the forum. Also, some1 with more than 2 thousand posts on any forum isn't a "random person". So, i taken his reply on that time as the general way to act of the Disco players on ur forum.

Take on mind that on those times TLR was off for months, I didn't had any reference to start my mod (like new tutorials, models, etc), and i was desperate lookin' for them. desperation = use of ASAP.

anyways, let's close my case now. keep on the main question here, what u're discussing with OP.

btw, np on this case dude.

Fire_Wolf_br out.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• EDIT*** i pulled my previous post due to a miss understanding on my part and i appologise for upsetting anyone.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• I don't have a dog in this fight. I am a neutral party in this debate, but for the record...

I have helped Discoverys dev team members in the past, and they have given me models for use in Shattered Worlds (so I could utilize DevTeam assets elsewhere instead). While I am not aware of the Discoverys dealing with other communities I cant recall a negative experience with the leaders of the Discovery mod.

As a leader of a up and coming Freelancer community, and as a long time admin of the now-defunct Asgard server. I know how individuals from a community can go elsewhere and their actions reflect poorly upon the community. Unfortunately there is no way to force people not to go and act accordingly.

The only grief I have with Discovery is the players who come to my community and expect me to change how I operate the server. This again has nothing to do with Igiss and his staff. I guess to change the perception that Discovery is uninvolved in the community, they should join the FLCN.

I haven't really had any dealings with SWAT's Devs so I really don't have an opinion.

I guess to change the perception that Discovery is uninvolved in the community, they should join the FLCN.

and having a link there shows what?
    Sorry im just asking because I got SWAT and Crossfire removed from there a few days ago because the FLCN has lead to nothing.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Forsaken
    now-defunct Asgard server.

OT: 8o I was really away on my studies last year...

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

• sorry Igiss no offense, but with what OP has sead, i must support his cause cuz he is right on this subject the proof is in OP's first post (one bunch of forums diss CF but people want to take features from it) Proof in what OP has said in this forum right hear! as for CF being the most advance FL mod well why do people want its features?

I have come to respect this community for alot of reasons.
    1> people hear greet new people with a big welcome
    2> people hear are always are a great help
    3> we look out for one and another
    4> MP is always a friendly place even for newbies
    5> You can promote your own mods hear and get help from the Pros without being criticized
    6> these forums have the best moderators and they help keep things clean and organized
    7>I don't know about you, but i haven't heard of a CF Fan be that callous on another Mod site before (not meaning you)
    8>like OP said about advertising other mods. SWAT puts alot of effort into helping peoples mod get seen and advertising them so people don't just stick with one mod and diss another without even trying. OP puts alot of effort into getting people play on other mods and servers and thus, keeps the FL community alive (i think that's right?)
    9>do we have forums dissing discovery? (i don't think this forum counts)
    10>if you compare SWAT and DISCOVERY'S forums, your site could be a bit more moderated (in my opinion)

these are totally my thoughts, not of SWAT so don't place blame on them for this as its my own opinion

• Let's face it. Igis is not interested in any solutions or changes. It would mean that his players realize that they lived a lie and were manipulated.

• assault and selmor are right, just like OP.

the portal was, is and always will be a cool place to meet ppl. on the many internet forums i passed SWAT was the most respectful and cool at the same time (the other one which was also respectful, but not too funny, was a clan, with less than 30 active members on the board... nvm)

i also never saw a crazy CF bombman fanboy walking somewhere...

taking that as base (respectful, cool and controlled board without censorship)+no fanboys, we can conclude something...

Also click here...

• In short: we rule. 8)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

Originally posted by magnet

In short: we rule. 8)

what i can say... simply i can't say no to the truth 8)

Also click here...

• I think it's best since SWAT was hacked by someone representing Discovery Mod ( or he says so) that we just drop this topic altogether.

We will deal with this hacker in the correct and legitimate course of action.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

We will deal with this hacker in the correct and legitimate course of action.

BURN THEM! BURN THEM ALL!
    *ahem*
    Seriously now, I doubt Igiss would care if a Discovery fanboy attacks SWAT, he'll probably say something like "Discovery isn't responsible" followed by a long, drawn out speech.

Originally posted by Trainwiz

BURN THEM! BURN THEM ALL!
    *ahem*
    Seriously now, I doubt Igiss would care if a Discovery fanboy attacks SWAT, he'll probably say something like "Discovery isn't responsible" followed by a long, drawn out speech.

Not the way it works. Sometimes you have to let the right people do their job and wait for the outcome.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• which is not going to happen... since the right poeple do not care

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Gunny

Not the way it works. Sometimes you have to let the right people do their job and wait for the outcome.

nice 8)

Also click here...

• I originally come from the Discovery server and to be honest if I still would play there if I would have listened to some of the people there and their snakish comments.
    Is Discovery a good server?
    Yes, more or less (if you ignore the kids).
    Is Discovery the best mod?
    Not at all... far away from being that.

• I'm the moderator of the brazilian FL community on orkut (orkut is from Google. orkut is for Brazil like myspace is for USA). no surprise: a dumbass posted on the "best FL mod". i'll give a chocolate cookie (done by lucy, with swiss choc, if she wants ofc ^^) to the one who says which mod was the "best FL mod" announced.

btw, the post was deleted, and i posted a note on the reasons for that.

Fire_Wolf_br out.

Also click here...

• thank you

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i'm just a player and from my point of view after i played other mods i decided to play this one and i dont care what others think this is the best mod i have FL mod i have played. It does not mater wath other people are saing on forums in the end all that maters is that the people that decided to play this mod find it god enough for them to play it.