Vista - Tried it all!

There are 33 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by assault911.

• Windows 7 was originally going to be called Windows Vienna. Guess it sounded too much like Vista [10]

• well i liked the old naming system

Windows 95 (95 errors per hour expected)
    Windows 98 (98 errors per hour expected)
    Windows 2000 (2000 adjustments needed to get it running)
    Windows CE (Crash Expert)
    Windows NT (Neandertal Technologies)
    Windows Vista (hasta la vista to all previously runnign games)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• LMAO thats a very fair comment about Microsoft OS but this one is simply not true:

Windows Vista (hasta la vista to all previously running games)

Out of all my games new and old the only game i have any problem with running is CF/FL i even have older games then FL and they run perfectly so what does that say about FL infact to be true even FL vanilla runs ok until you put on the CF mod then i have to uninstall my AV to allow it to work lol.(Not that im saying there is a problem with CF mod itself) but i have to admit running some of my othere older games like C&C Generals took some figuring out and it could have been easier to do but i allways found a sollution to the problems ... i will call Bitdefender to see where the problem lies in my AV software that prevents CF to work as it should.... Fingers crossed they come up with somthing.

All very strange really but im sure Windows 7 will spring up some more frustrating problems for us users to shout about.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• I have made some updates to the OP. I hope this helps out all those that are having issues. After reading everyone's comments, it appears as though each Vista user has their own experiences with getting it to work. I've posted my version in hopes to help someone out. I'll update as necessary. Thanks for all the help!
    -NavyAICS.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• wouldn't windows 7 be called 8? i thought that their was a windows 32? some number in the 30's
    i think it was the first decent operating system, but... i may be wrong, lol its that old
    i think it cam out before win 95 and ain't there a server based one? heard somethig but have no idea? LOL that's an awesome naming system:D

• I have installed Vista Ultimate and XP on separate drives to prevent any possible interference and use boot selector to choose .
    I run AVG and Spybot with Windows firewall/defender

My first choice of game to try on the Vista drive was FLCF , I had no problems whatsoever , all installed fine and I logged on to the CF server ok , had a little fly around , couple of the players on at the time welcomed me etc , then I parked my ship , that was a few months back.

Recently I purchased an HP laptop premium spec running Vista Home Premium , for the last few days I have attempted to Log onto the CF server using said lappy , vanilla game ran ok , CF SP ran ok then when I tried MP, I got the same sorry message cannot connect .
    So today I am back on my tower and booted up Vista , CF still there just as I left it . I get to the server page highlight the name click connect btw it also says I have been to the server before but now I get the sorry message instead of logging on.
    Nothing has been changed on that drive apart from the updates for OS spyware and antivirus.

The tower is hard wired to my BT hub the Lappy is wireless as is my wifes and the the 360 and I don't usually have connection problems as such .

I have tried running in compatibility mode for XP and opened the Windows firewall to Freelancer and Crossfire still no joy.

So now I am going to do a fresh install of the game and mod onto my XP drive and see what happens.

be seeing you :))

update 16:20 GMT straight on to XP drive logged onto server seems I've lost my char but Im on WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

still going to persist with the lappy/vista tho bought this particular one because it gives me hdmi to my hdtv

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

• For XP users, iv found a theme pack that gives XP a totally awesome look:D a friend showed me on
    his PC and you have a great variety to choose from :D Just Google (AlienGUIse) and you should
    find a download link:D its size is about 170mb so you know:D Now XP can look like Vista! HAHAHAHA!

• IMO XP is already getting pretty outdated, cos some new programs require Vista or higher

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• I have Vista 64 bit and no issues with anything, including CF/FL. Maybe its some of the other software for you Europeans?

Would be interesting to see where the problems are occurring and what similar programs are being run.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• yep i know:D most of them i don't like anyway:D anyway, i heard somewhere hear that some
    people want to try win 7? check PC world magazine i think it has the beta ( the NZ version has it
    i think) got a glimpse at it today :D

• why read a magazine if you can actually try the beta?

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->