F#%*N DIAL UP!!!!

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by assault911.

• I am pist off atm cuz im probably going to be stuck on dial up
    till im 18!!!! X( that's! 2 years!!! of skerrrech! ding! errech!
    plus 56kbs.... sorry... just a bit sad cuz im definitely cant play
    CF MP...the lag ;( If someone knows of a way to boost dial
    up nomater if its extremely complicated or hacking the
    fermwire ill take any advice at this point to boost dial up :(

• this might be demotivating but im stuff to dial up since im 18

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ther are a few software progs out there that make some adjustments to your browser which helps to boost your speed a little but be carefull some have a negative impact and do completely the opposite... try somthing like Tune Up Utillities not sure you going to see a massive improvement when playing online tho.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• dial up is physically limited to 56kbits - any improvements would only have an effect about (dunno 1% maybe). So either you should get familiar with your connection speed if it will last 2 further years again.

• i hope CF i still running i to years time so i can get a good piece o MP lol even though CF 1.8 Might be big, i think i have a plan to download it on dial up, it's downloads 30mb's an hour but if its over 600mb's im go to have to think of how to break the download and continue it the following night without corruption, a hard one id hope to solve with fast internet... but since iv done that once before, i think i can do it again.:D

• You better find a friend that can download fast, burn it on a CD and then put it on your hard, if you have a CD rom.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• How come you're stuck to dial up? Broadband is exactly the same price as dial up if you look hard enough. My parents finally got broadband when they realised that -_-

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• In the UK its possible to get Free Broadband dont know if thats possible in New Zealand or not.

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Well I'm from the UK and we were paying £13 a month for dial up. Now we're on 8MB Unlimited Broadband for £15 a month.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

Originally posted by Ryzune
    we're on 8MB Unlimited Broadband for £15 a month.

About the same here, only 10mbps

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Believe it or not there are many places even in the UK that dont have broadband,Ive only had it for 18 mths.

• I would imagine that pretty much most places in the uk you can get some sort of Broadband aslong as you can get a mobile phone signal with the aid of mobile Broadband you can get Broadband.

My mother is in the Lake District surrounded by National Parks and knowing how strict they are on there rules im supprised she gets Broadband and Mobile signal.

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

Originally posted by assault911
    i hope CF i still running i to years time so i can get a good piece o MP lol even though CF 1.8 Might be big, i think i have a plan to download it on dial up, it's downloads 30mb's an hour but if its over 600mb's im go to have to think of how to break the download and continue it the following night without corruption, a hard one id hope to solve with fast internet... but since iv done that once before, i think i can do it again.:D

Cross-Fire has been around for many years now and is still considered as one of the most well balanced and one most popular mod's for the FL game. With OP and the many whom he works with will continue to create and develop CF for a long time still yet to come. Of that i am sure :) i mean, just look at me :D been here since CF1.2....... now how many years ago was that??? it been so long i forgotten lmao

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• broadband hear has got a big price and can go up to $120!!! and only a few company's can go up to 10mb's on a rare occasion, even then then you may have to wait years before they can hook you up.... and there are many other reason's why i cant get it as well. ;( alot of NZ broadband is still restricted to copper, NZ ain't getting optical for a long....time between 1 to 9 years lol and getting a friend to get it... i dont have many friends since i left school at a young age...i do have a good reason for that but dont want to say.

• I cant believe it, i think iv found a way to download 1G+ files off the internet!!!!! i managed to
    download a 500mb file over a period of 4 night's and it worked!!! :D :D :D i wont say how till i test
    it a bit more. hehe i might be able to get CF 1.8 after all!!!!! :D just an update on me wrestling my
    dial up internet LOL ill tell ya how after i test it a bit more.