Posts by r33

Yup thats what it spat up, along with some other stuff (thats just because I dumped the whole freelancer part of the registry)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\1.0]
    "FIRSTRUN"=dword:00000001
    "InstallKey"="14XX0647-05YYYY32-ZZ82634Z-XXX009XX-YY79"
    "MPAccountName"="8916XX6X-8YY18Y70-ZZZ6Z004-X972X39X"
    "MPAccountNameSig"="you get the picture"

I scrambled it up obviously

So just right after i install freelancer i dump that into the registry? and then it should work as if i never even uninstalled the game?

Thanks Guys

really? i looked in the registry and thats how it came out

What if i just back up my freelancer registry and put it into the windows registry when i reinstall the game/computer?

i used freelancer account manager and xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx is what it detected as well

Or write it down on paper =P

but yeah when I log into multiplayer for the first time do i just change it to the one i write down?

Thanks in advance guys

When I install FL again do i just copy and paste my multiplayer ID in? If so were, i forget where it asks you (isnt it the first time you try to go online)

And one last thing i didnt write my current one down, is there a way i can retrieve it? (looking at the games config files is what im thinking, which one though?)

thanks in advance

R33

it is my personal favorite ship, but it can only hold a class 7 freighter shield =/

whats a good one for it, and were do you get it?

i think it may have came with a good one but i accidently left the one from the humpback on when i bought the ship -_-

OK well i ran the vista mem scan and it came out allright with no errors
    so the memory is ok
    my guess is that its just inadequite cooling
    ill have to wait for my parents to give me a little money so i can buy another fan

but im still hanging my bets on the power supply
    ill worry about that though if the fan turns out to be the problem

uhhhh the vista version wont work? i have it installed? or will it take to long
    my sisters computer does, but uhh, its like a trick for me to get on it

no its some offbrand

humm i guess i shouldent trust the old servers my dad gives me, if i had money id build a new computer
    besides nowing my cmputer its going to fail the memory test

uggghhh another thing i cant afford:memory

and thanks to stupid restrictions my dads going to go , well crazy if i even mention letting a computer run over night (thats about how long memory tests take, right?)

i use everest alot, but didnt think about it for temps
    but temps
    i think my case in general is hot, but i can only see the hard drive and gpu temps
    without game running:
    hard drive: 43C/109F
    graphics card: 47C/117F
    With Game:
    hard drive: same
    gpu: 53C/133F (yikes!)

now im america so obviously im not good with C, but the degrees F were insane, definatly need another 120mm fan

plus i should move some wires to get better air flow

right now, i only have oen 120mm
    should i put it in the front or back of the case (i have 2 slots)
    ORR i found a psu in the trash (im not going to trust it with the main system)
    but can i take the fan off of the bottom of it and make it work in the case? or is its power wire off a different type of connector

it only came out to 233 watts!!! but you have the exact card eh? your using the newest drivers, x32 im assuming? crap i dont have money for a new psu. Prescott is what my cpu turns out to be.
    Any tips/programs that check internal temp and/or change what psu rail its using
    ?

Im thinking its my power supply not being able to handle it, even though its 450w, its a crappy psu still (cheap brand)

if specs help they would be:
    P4 HT 3.00 GHZ
    2gigs of DDR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/…aspx?Item=N82E16814102730
    thats the graphics card im using
    370 GB ata seagate
    Windows XP Pro SP3 (i could try vista but i read it has problems)

would anyone know were to get older drivers for this card? i heard the ones on the disk were bad, but i may have to give them a try anyway
    windows runs fine, and yeah i posted after the one guys dial up problem, marauder

if you guys need more information jsut ask i know lots about my computer, but not this =P

again thanks in advance