Freelancer Source Code Petition

There are 57 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

• If the comunity would have the Source Code for free modding and working on, all would be possible - it´s not so much about SWAT it´s about holding Freelancer alive.

Game Projects with open Sourcecodes are still living from the early 90 to now. Check http://sourceforge.net/ for Game Projects; maybe you will find your favorite Game from 10 years ago - completly reworked with a modern engine and ai.

Think about a modded Game Engine for example, possible Servers ported to Linux, free downloads of the Game - a modern updated sound and graphics engine. New feature to click at and so on and so on.

This would hold the Game alive.

Click the image above to visit us.

• dunno what i would do... very likely i would initiate a "lets improve FL" team

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, since Microsoft are a bunch of tight ass pounces I doubt it's very likely. The game has a lot of mods, but better engine/graphics ect. Then it will be FL2 without a story line :D.

All I can see is a dream here :(, one that if it comes true, humanity will rejoice :).

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Originally posted by DreadfulBride
    Shall I post this on Discovery?
    Has it been done?
    Other forums?

Yeah, that would be great.

Click the image above to visit us.

• My last purchase of a game console was PS2, after GTA abandoned it for XB360. I remain with my original decicion to stick w/ PC games. I hope the console industry blows up in their faces.
    Could I tack it to a telephone pole I'd blast it w/ me Diamond IIs, (as I aint got the Dom weps yet).

Originally posted by Daywalker

Yeah, that would be great.

I'll make the attempt to create a link in the Discovery forums. Post the link format as I dunno if its the same from my writing forum.

• nice word game

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yeah - igiss thinks the same way i do

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    yeah - igiss thinks the same way i do

If you dont keep the ram swinging at the black gates,... they will never fall.

• Would Microsoft be willing to... I dunno, sell the source code?
    After all, money is their native tongue.

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• @Trainwiz: do you have hmm... US$ 1 million?

So maybe we can talk with Mr. Ballmer to get some code eh?

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• I'm just saying, if you want it so bad, get the money. Have a donation drive thing or something.

• ok.

*fades into shadows*

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]